State of Origin 2015 State of Origin Discussion thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, having lived here for a bit over a decade, people in Melbourne seem to think there is some sort of rivalry with NSW/Sydney. The thing is, people in Sydney couldn't give a toss about Melbourne. There's the NSW/Qld rivalry (at that is nicely backed up via Origin), but the Melbourne one is very much a one way street.

Having lived in both states for well over a decade as well - you're spot on.

Sydney couldn't give a rats about Melbourne.

I do like to ruffle feathers though - so even though I don't like the swans one little bit, I'd go for the Swans in the GF against any side other then my own - simply because it upsets so many from the state I was born in.

Back on topic... Queensland are whingers and their fans are morons for yelling out during the minutes silence. I mean dogsh*t dumb.

I can't believe the controversy. It really does go to prove what a ridiculously media-driven event SOO is. Controversy is apparently good for ratings, regardless of whether it's justified.

There was no doubt about the Morris(?) try. He never lost contact with the ball, he got clear downward pressure.

The Blues were stiff on their forward pass call - the pass that was called forward was fine. The pass before that was clearly forward, but the refs shouldn't square up when they get one wrong.

And the Inglis non-try? Come off it - there were 2 knock ons and an accidental offside on that play. Gus' argument about going back 90 metres is valid, especially when they can adjudicate on something 90 metres away by they can't adjudicate on a forward pass... but thems the rules we currently work with, and I can't believe that anyone thinks it was a try.

It's funny when people can't even recognise their own media-driven parochialism.
Gus pulled the same crap in the Easter game and had fans all blowing up only for him to be proven completely and utterly ignorant of the rules, he has an agenda, he doesn't like the NRL ATM and is just using broadcasts to put the boot in, despite how blatantly obvious the calls are.

Geez it's been a while since I've posted on this board!!!

I was down at Melbourne for the Origin on Wednesday (Still recovering, it gets harder and harder as I get older and older haha). Some observations!

Brilliant Crowd/Atmosphere... Going to the MCG to watch sport in a near capacity crowd (Bloody MCC members not turning up) is a dream come true, every time I go to Melbourne to watch my beloved Bulldogs play the AFL game either clashes with the NRL or it's a dud game at the MCG!

On the game, NSW were definitely the better team, I still cannot believe QLDer's are complaining about the Inglis no try, we cannot be handing out tries when they clearly are not because it would've been spectacular lol.

RL in Melbourne...

First time I went to Melbourne in 2002 NRL was non-existent... I went back in 2004, 2006, 2007 and pretty much the same!

Last year I went to watch the Mighty Bulldogs FINALLY win at the BRILLIANT AAMI Stadium (Love it) and just walking around in my Bulldogs gear the amount of comments I got from "Go the Dogs" or "Go the Storm" even "Graham Is a grub" haha was great, you could tell the awareness of the NRL had increased... Wednesday night it went to another level! YES 24,000 travelled from NSW and QLD to the MCG however the rest were Victorians!

The amount of people talking about the Origin/NRL was brilliant, for them to even know about it was great IMO! The next day I had a meeting in Dandenong and the born and bred Victorians talked to us about the Origin, you could tell they watched it all and weren't just making it up lol... NRL is definitely finding its niche in Victoria and it's brilliant!

491,000 Melbourne folk watched Origin on Wednesday night, the game got 91,500... I cannot believe some morons in NSW & QLD still whinge about taking one game every three years interstate... I would love for a game of Origin to be taken to Perth in preparation for the WA team joining the NRL!

Sorry, but Queensland isn't the team Captained by a confessed Drug Cheat. HUGE double standard you have there:rolleyes:
Come on now just calling him a drug cheat doesn't give his rap-sheet enough credit. Multiple highshots/dangerous tackles, a coward puncher, racial slurs, has squeezed an opponents testicles, a self confessed diver, has headbutted an opponent and has attempted to rip an opponents stitches out from a head wound.

One of the biggest grubs/cheats to ever play the game.

I can't believe the controversy. It really does go to prove what a ridiculously media-driven event SOO is. Controversy is apparently good for ratings, regardless of whether it's justified.

There was no doubt about the Morris(?) try. He never lost contact with the ball, he got clear downward pressure.

The Blues were stiff on their forward pass call - the pass that was called forward was fine. The pass before that was clearly forward, but the refs shouldn't square up when they get one wrong.

And the Inglis non-try? Come off it - there were 2 knock ons and an accidental offside on that play. Gus' argument about going back 90 metres is valid, especially when they can adjudicate on something 90 metres away by they can't adjudicate on a forward pass... but thems the rules we currently work with, and I can't believe that anyone thinks it was a try.

It's funny when people can't even recognise their own media-driven parochialism.

The thing is. From what I saw in the immediate aftermath other than the truely stupid minority, most people seemed fine with it all other than who got the scrum feed for the New South Welshmans length of the field no try. I thought Pearce knock on too for that matter.

It's simply the Courier Mail acting like utter morons.

Tele are no better trying to get players suspended over nothing incidents.

Morris lost the ball and Inglis accidentally pushed it back onto his hand. You can see it come away from the hand and then go back onto it. No Try.

In that circumstance he either loses it straight down or backwards into Inglis, Inglis then pushing the ball back onto his hand.

Not a knock on / Try

Both passes where forward. The second one was marginal.

The one they called was fine but yeah justice anyway.

Inglis No Try was the right call. However, Pearce knocked on before Myles touched it. Morgan's contribution forced the ball in a backwards direction. Qld feed.

Agree.

Come on now just calling him a drug cheat doesn't give his rap-sheet enough credit. Multiple highshots/dangerous tackles, a coward puncher, racial slurs, has squeezed an opponents testicles, a self confessed diver, has headbutted an opponent and has attempted to rip an opponents stitches out from a head wound.

One of the biggest grubs/cheats to ever play the game.

Sounds like a good enough resume to apply to play for Qld

Maybe he could take Thirdmans spot, a bloke whose career only got revived by the no punching rule

In that circumstance he either loses it straight down or backwards into Inglis, Inglis then pushing the ball back onto his hand.

Not a knock on / Try

The one they called was fine but yeah justice anyway.

Agree.
They used Hawkeye on the second forward pass on one of the footy shows and it was definitely forward!

They used Hawkeye on the second forward pass on one of the footy shows and it was definitely forward!

None of which actually matters - the ball is allowed to go forward as long as the hands are "pointing" backwards.

Tallis Offered $50,000 to box Klemmer

Queensland rugby league legend Gorden Tallis will be offered $50,000 to take on NSW State of Origin forward David Klemmer in a boxing bout. Tallis criticised Klemmer after the Canterbury player seemed to have a running battle with most of the Maroons' pack in the second Origin clash at the MCG.

"I didn't run in and push people and stand there and do all that," Tallis said on MMM radio.

"Everybody forgets, I never ran in and pushed. Yeah, I did punch people when they got in my face. He (Klemmer) would've been one of them, 100 per cent."

New Zealand-based Duco Events is prepared to pay Tallis to punch Klemmer in NZ on December 5 in their annual Fight for Life charity boxing show, which has previously featured Paul Gallen, Sam Thaiday and Willie Mason.

Rugby League fans are pathetic. Calling out during the minute's silence. Pathetic people

Shown up by the AFL fans at the "G".

THAT'S how you observe a minutes silence

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shown up by the AFL fans at the "G".

THAT'S how you observe a minutes silence

I was at the ground tonight, I wasn't at the ground for Origin. So I can't make an apples and apples comparison.

But the suggestion that the G was silent for a minute tonight is ridiculous. I was sitting right next to the MCC Members (on the Punt Road side) and they're the worst of the lot.

The cynic in me wonders whether 7 just turn the mikes down so people like you can play one-upmanship on a game you probably don't give a s**t about anyway.

Looking forward to seeing if the Blues can handle the pressure of a rabid Lang Park crowd and the expectation of trying to win back to back series. Should be a good game. Is anyone going to be using the Sideline app during tonights game ?

QUEENSLANDER !!! (But Cam Smith should change his name to Cam Payner)

About to head into the city to get smashed on Caxton Street before heading to the stadium. SOO decider, baby - QUEENSLANDER!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back