Super Rugby 2015 Super Rugby discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Reds are in a great position for a rise up the ladder. They've made some great signings with Hunt, O'Connor and Thomson. Them, Tahs and Brumbies should all be in great positions to make the finals.

I'm very keen to watch the Rebels too. They have so much young talent with a decent amount of experienced solid veterans now. I don't expect that they will go anywhere near the finals but watching them mature together will be fun over the course of the season.

I'm no die hard union fan like I am AFL but do dip a bit of interest here and there through out the seasons. It seems Rebels are one of those clubs destined to always be s**t. Will be going to my first S15 match this year.

Quade has broken his collarbone and is out for 12 weeks apparently.
and than in a couple of hours what looked like a promising season ahead has suddenly turned to s**t, will be interesting to see how we replace him.

Will be interesting to see who pushes though in the positions of the players heading to France after the RWC for future seasons and of course Test duties.

I think the Force will do well. This will be their 3rd season with quite a settled team and coaching staff and I think they will improve on their impressive season last year. I expect guys like Kyle Godwin, Adam Coleman, Angus Cottrel, Ben McCalman and Dane Haylett-Petty to have a big year.

Went and saw the trial between rebels and highlanders.
Not sure about the quality of the game. Both teams could be in for long seasons.
For the record, rebels scored two late tries to win 25-24.

Not sure where to post this but...
Anyone up for some Super Rugby Uniform predictions? You tip what the teams wear before the games. Round by round. I have the graphics and a points system. First prize will be a Super Rugby Prediction badge. I would have to enquire Chief about the badge. I would think you guys would be interested. Everyone is welcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just looking through the TV guide at the moment and noticed 'Rugby Central' is airing after the Reds game on Friday. I've never seen the show and was wondering if anyone has seen it. Is it Australian or is it from overseas?

Just looking through the TV guide at the moment and noticed 'Rugby Central' is airing after the Reds game on Friday. I've never seen the show and was wondering if anyone has seen it. Is it Australian or is it from overseas?

New show but is basically a post game show. It is basically the same as the Matthew Johns post game show after the NRL on Monday Nights. They will go over the Australian games mainly.

Only saw the first half of Rebels game but they were showing a strong level of maturity against a tried and true contender.

I can't see the young team backing it up all year to make finals but they are very talented and if they can keep the nucleus of this side together for a couple of years, they could become very dangerous.

Great start for the Rebels. They look a strong team now with no real weaknesses. Have some class in their pack with the likes of Jones, Timani and McMahon.

Huge win for the Brumbies. Looked very impressive and you can see their game plan in attack has evolved under Larkham. The Reds had nothing. Absolutely beaten up in every facet of the game but particularly at the breakdown.

The Reds were deplorable. They have a pile of injuries though so they can't be written off but good lord, what an atrocious performance in defence. The Brumbies are obviously a good attacking team that are very, very well drilled but they systematically broke the Reds down in every area. At the lineout/rolling maul, out wide, straight running in the midfield, around the fringes of the ruck, it was utter domination.

I thought Genia went okay given the circumstances. Hunt was a problem at 10 because he was standing way too deep, which makes it so much more difficult to get over the advantage line.

But the biggest problem was that their pack was absolutely hammered in contact and at the breakdown. Genia was under constant pressure because of that.

Have finally finished licking my wounds boy was that terrible.

Agree that Hunt was little too deep (Noticed that the week before against the Crusaders). I'd rather him be at fullback where he can focus more on his own game than trying to set up the whole attack. But with that said I think even the best 10 in the world would struggle given how poor our forwards were.

Won't be long until Graham is gone now the same core issues from last season are still there, its amazing how fast he's destroyed a championship winning team.

Genia has been poor for the last couple of years now we'd look so much better with Frisby there.

I'm not sure what pissed me off more Horwills effort or the fact that Graham didn't pull him off at half time when it was obvious he simply didn't care.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back