Mega Thread 2015 Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 October 8-11.

May 13, 2014
at the footy
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Roys, Melb Stars, Gryffindor
Not as good as 2014 :)
Yeah I did enjoy the 2014 stopping of the race. And safety cars o_O

As the token chick in this thread, I honestly think she actually negatively affected females in this sport. She clearly isn't at the standard for it yet, they made a token all girls team rather than just earning a co-drive spot, and pretty much chucked a hissy fit after crashing the car. It's cool and all that they're opening up the sport for female drivers, but if there aren't any good enough, then they shouldn't be in it.

Feb 11, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
That's because most people are ignorant of motorsport outside of those front and centre on TV. He's competed in a lot of respected championships outside of V8s. Only dumb people dismiss a driver's talent because they don't have wins in what is considered a lowly series internationally like the V8 Supercars.

Inb4 bloody women drivers
11201520_681217655346573_1958758661_n.jpg

Renee is quite the stunner.

Apr 30, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
MUFC, Golden State Warriors

As the token chick in this thread, I honestly think she actually negatively affected females in this sport. She clearly isn't at the standard for it yet, they made a token all girls team rather than just earning a co-drive spot, and pretty much chucked a hissy fit after crashing the car. It's cool and all that they're opening up the sport for female drivers, but if there aren't any good enough, then they shouldn't be in it.
Some of the benevolent sexism on show with some even calling her a hero for getting the car back the the pits has been cringe-worthy.

RustyCage

Premiership Player
Mar 4, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Chelsea Angelo is the one to watch coming through the grades.

Nov 15, 2013
Here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yes
If he wasn't already , a 6th Bathurst crown cements " The Kid " as an immortal :thumbsu:

Brock - 9

J Richards - 7
Lowndes , Skaife , Perkins - 6
He would have 10 by now if they didnt change the rules because he and whincup combined are unbeatable . So Bathurst wins these days are 10 times tougher than Brocks days

He would have 10 by now if they didnt change the rules because he and whincup combined are unbeatable . So Bathurst wins these days are 10 times tougher than Brocks days
Couple of runner-ups in there too.

Was thinking about it last night , he's 41 now , how many more full-time years does he have left in him ?
And i can see him jagging a few late in his career as a co-driver at Bathurst too ( ala Jimmy Richards with Skaifey a few years ago. )

NotAMagpieBogan

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2014
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Couple of runner-ups in there too.

Was thinking about it last night , he's 41 now , how many more full-time years does he have left in him ?
And i can see him jagging a few late in his career as a co-driver at Bathurst too ( ala Jimmy Richards with Skaifey a few years ago. )
I reckons he'll be at Triple Eight for another 5 years at least, then probably scale down to co-driver roles. I don't think he'd be one to go into the media

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
That's because most people are ignorant of motorsport outside of those front and centre on TV. He's competed in a lot of respected championships outside of V8s. Only dumb people dismiss a driver's talent because they don't have wins in what is considered a lowly series internationally like the V8 Supercars.
What's he competed in outside v8s?

DREAM TEAM BUFF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Fred Medal Ex-Moderator
Feb 9, 2011
Western Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
MUFC & HRT
Anybody else get the feeling that Steve Hallam was going to kill Paul Morris for asking dumb questions :D
"You just answer you're own question" Paul yeah I guess I did :$

Back