Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sideways alert ^

Thought Hibbo was starting to improve.............

Personally if anyone has Oxley I'd get every last dollar out of him once he cracks 400k then get him out of your team before he scores another 30 and loses all that hard earned.
hibbo at best only just a defense premo.
sloane at best is top 5 mid superpremo
this isnt sideways imo

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
hibbo at best only just a defense premo.
sloane at best is top 5 mid superpremo
this isnt sideways imo
True, but I'd back in Hibbo over the season than say an Oxley. Underperforming premiums are great bench cover, they normally score more than rookies.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
True, but I'd back in Hibbo over the season than say an Oxley. Underperforming premiums are great bench cover, they normally score more than rookies.
i actually disagree tbh.
hibberds at our close enough to his value.
saad and oxley are both 40-50k shy of it.
trading saad/oxley now imo, you arnt getting there full value.
hibberd trade you are.
more a math reason than a footy one i admit.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
i actually disagree tbh.
hibberds at our close enough to his value.
saad and oxley are both 40-50k shy of it.
trading saad/oxley now imo, you arnt getting there full value.
hibberd trade you are.
more a math reason than a footy one i admit.
While Saad and Oxley are yet to moo, I consider it poor squad management if someone is picked to be a defensive keeper that needs to be moved on to complete a midfield. Where are the midfield/forward rookies to cash in on?

I did say in the post before once every single dollar is milked out of Oxley you dump him because of the poor score risk he carries.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
While Saad and Oxley are yet to moo, I consider it poor squad management if someone is picked to be a defensive keeper that needs to be moved on to complete a midfield. Where are the midfield/forward rookies to cash in on?

I did say in the post before once every single dollar is milked out of Oxley you dump him because of the poor score risk he carries.
horses for courses.
depends a lot on the rest your team. I went heavy with dpp links into the byes so now i find myself with an extra defender. (mcgovern playing forward most weeks) saad into d6.
in my case i actually planned for this for a few reasons
1 defense is such a s**t fight this year. imo hodge/shaw are the only must have picks
2 i wanted to cover lines jockey around playing players through the byes
3 i now get to choose who to drop (if anyone) and take the other 6 for the year.
4 the dpp players i selected (higgins yeo mcgovern) all are round 13 byes. so if i choose to dump one i can do it after they cover the dreaded round 12 bye.

everyone's different.
but my plan has always been to not trade much through the byes. ive used 4 so far and dont think i'll trade this week.

Where did this Oxley talk come from, he is not on the trade out list and I dont even have him. As far as midfield rookies, well maybe I have another plan for them. Maybe I should of asked in the player v player thread but seeing its all about which backman to get rid of I posted here. Hibberd was picked as a defensive keeper but as I said, all 5 of those are turning out to be very similar in their output in current times and hence what he was picked as makes no difference. Which of these will score the least points from now on is all that matters as not one of them will get near Sloanes output IMHO.

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
I brought rance in last week, and his 44 points has me doubting the sense of the move.

However, I am hoping that now he's re-signed he might have released the burden of all the chat about him and his form might turn around.

Am I being a touch ambitious?? :)

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I brought rance in last week, and his 44 points has me doubting the sense of the move.

However, I am hoping that now he's re-signed he might have released the burden of all the chat about him and his form might turn around.

Am I being a touch ambitious?? :)
not at all.
backline premos are 85+ imo this year.
he'll get that with a broken leg.

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!
I'd move on Hibbo or Ibbo

I am at a bit of a loss as which spud to move, they sort of all look the same. Im going to be getting Sloane in buy moving on one of these. The question is which spud to peel

Newnes, Saad, Ibbostson, Rance, Hibberd.

Rance as he's a KPP and is too up and down.

Trading out Hibberd is stupid!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!
Why is it stupid, because you have him in your team? :p

LOL!

Well kinda as I have no choice but to back my boys in.

But I still think from here on end that Hibberd will be more consistent than a KPP like Rance.

Hibberd over the years has been more consistent than Rance with a better average too.

Krujan

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
EAD Jiska
LOL!

Well kinda as I have no choice but to back my boys in.

But I still think from here on end that Hibberd will be more consistent than a KPP like Rance.

Hibberd over the years has been more consistent than Rance with a better average too.

Rance has been consistent 84-89 for 5 years straight with his averages going upwards. 84, 87, 87, 89, 89*

Hibberd has been all over the shop in the last 5 years as far as consistency goes. 74, 74, 96, 91. 81*

So apart from that 1 season 3 years ago where Hibberd averaged 96 Rance has him covered for consistency. Hibberd has shown a higher ceiling, but I don't think he has 90+ in him in the current Essendon side. Time will tell, though.

Rance has been consistent 84-89 for 5 years straight with his averages going upwards. 84, 87, 87, 89, 89*

Hibberd has been all over the shop in the last 5 years as far as consistency goes. 74, 74, 96, 91. 81*

So apart from that 1 season 3 years ago where Hibberd averaged 96 Rance has him covered for consistency. Hibberd has shown a higher ceiling, but I don't think he has 90+ in him in the current Essendon side. Time will tell, though.

Well I think I will probably be stuck with both spuds and go Ibbo to Sloane. I was suposed to be upgrading two of those backs last week but injuries etc changed all the plans. Looks like Im stuck with a spud backline of Shaw, Hodge, Hibberd, Newnes,Gibson, Rance (Hambling, McKenzie) for the foreseeable future. But then again its probably close to most backlines and I have no idea who will be the top defenders this season, they are all too up and down.

Krujan

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
EAD Jiska
Well I think I will probably be stuck with both spuds and go Ibbo to Sloane. I was suposed to be upgrading two of those backs last week but injuries etc changed all the plans. Looks like Im stuck with a spud backline of Shaw, Hodge, Hibberd, Newnes,Gibson, Rance (Hambling, McKenzie) for the foreseeable future. But then again its probably close to most backlines and I have no idea who will be the top defenders this season, they are all too up and down.

It's interesting what other people perceive to be a spud backline. Yours is better (higher averaging) than mine, yet I'm happy with my defence.
Shaw, Hodge, Yeo, Oxley, Saad, B Smith (Lever, Hamling)

It's interesting what other people perceive to be a spud backline. Yours is better (higher averaging) than mine, yet I'm happy with my defence.
Shaw, Hodge, Yeo, Oxley, Saad, B Smith (Lever, Hamling)

Unreliable is probably a better word than Spud. If you take out Shaw and Hodge, the rest of them are just as likely to get 40 something or a ton. So you could get 4 for 160 or 4 for 480 or anything inbetween. The problem is there is just no real consistent options that are worth the sideways trade that I can see.

Krujan

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
EAD Jiska
Unreliable is probably a better word than Spud. If you take out Shaw and Hodge, the rest of them are just as likely to get 40 something or a ton. So you could get 4 for 160 or 4 for 480 or anything inbetween. The problem is there is just no real consistent options that are worth the sideways trade that I can see.

That's why I like having Saad in my team. Very low standard deviation. Good for 80 something, week in week out.

anybody have a shitter backline than this?
JjTKexl.jpg

fwiw I have Saad on my mid bench

Krujan

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
EAD Jiska
Smith kicking at something spud like 57% first 2 weeks mid 70's.
I been thinking of beening him in as a d6/d7 cover type player.
Eski as could get better after the bye pity there not the same price now.

I'd rather have Smith than Eski this year. People willingly paid 525k for Smith after Rd3 when he was averaging 116. Not beyond him to put together a similar 3-4 week purple patch some time from here on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back