Position 2015 SuperCoach defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rance has been consistent 84-89 for 5 years straight with his averages going upwards. 84, 87, 87, 89, 89*

Hibberd has been all over the shop in the last 5 years as far as consistency goes. 74, 74, 96, 91. 81*

So apart from that 1 season 3 years ago where Hibberd averaged 96 Rance has him covered for consistency. Hibberd has shown a higher ceiling, but I don't think he has 90+ in him in the current Essendon side. Time will tell, though.

Still think Hibberds the better pick from here on end.

The ball being in Essendons back half alot more will only benefit him more IMO.

Haven't seen much talk about Michael Hurley.. Thinking about trading him in this week. Thoughts? Averaging 91 and been pretty consistent this year. It's him or Josh Gibson. Could probably get in a bunch of 5 or 6 defenders that will all average 90-95 from here on in.

Current defenders are Simpson, Rance, Newnes, Oxley, Smith and Saad will become my D7/M10.

Still think Hibberds the better pick from here on end.

The ball being in Essendons back half alot more will only benefit him more IMO.

I really hope you right.

Haven't seen much talk about Michael Hurley.. Thinking about trading him in this week. Thoughts? Averaging 91 and been pretty consistent this year. It's him or Josh Gibson. Could probably get in a bunch of 5 or 6 defenders that will all average 90-95 from here on in.

Current defenders are Simpson, Rance, Newnes, Oxley, Smith and Saad will become my D7/M10.

Save some extra cash and go for Shaw or Hodge, dont settle on Hurley, you have good enough cover to wait an extra week, but at least one of Shaw and Hodge. I would go Shaw, but mostly because I was against Hodge early on and dont want to go to heavy on admitting I was wrong :$

Do you guys reckon that Picken will be a top 6 defender from here on out? He started the season badly with 2 50s and a 64, but since then has looked pretty solid.

Any insight from Doggies fans in terms of his role, point scoring potential etc?

Is Brodie Smith worth a look? Very very cheap, but the question is whether he can regain his point scoring ability that he had early on in the season.....he's been poor since his injuries so he is a big risk.

However, he could end up averaging 95+ from round 13-22...

Duryea?seems to continue to improve

I really hope you right.

Save some extra cash and go for Shaw or Hodge, dont settle on Hurley, you have good enough cover to wait an extra week, but at least one of Shaw and Hodge. I would go Shaw, but mostly because I was against Hodge early on and dont want to go to heavy on admitting I was wrong :$

Compelling argument. However I need the 100k to get Fyfe in 3-4 weeks and make Selwood/Cripps M8/M9. Yeah yeah I know better late than never.

Hurley v opponents played
2014= 79 2015= 92
Hurley v remaining opponents
2014= 90 2015= (*1.16) 104?

So I'm gonna get Hurley. Brave, madness... perhaps.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brodie Smith looks to be struggling with his disposal efficiency of late. His disposal numbers actually haven't been that bad, around that 20 mark since coming back from his last concussion, but he's averaged 66. Is disposal efficiency the sort of thing he can turn around easily? His basic stats are only slightly lower than the round 1 game where he scored 144

I'm considering a cheeky Oxley to Smith trade to raise funds to go Sloane to Beams

Is anyone else looking to bring in Liam Picken? I can't ignore his average over the last 7 or 8 games and he's been playing mainly through the midfield if I'm not wrong? I really need to upgrade Burgoyne to someone so it might be him

Is anyone else looking to bring in Liam Picken? I can't ignore his average over the last 7 or 8 games and he's been playing mainly through the midfield if I'm not wrong? I really need to upgrade Burgoyne to someone so it might be him
He's been terrific since round 4. He probably deserves to be in the same sentence as Luke Hodge and Heath Shaw.

I'll probably trade Oxley to either him or Hodge in the near future. He's also in only 3.8% of teams

Malceski

Can he possibly make a post bye surge? Could Ablett be the spark?

Started 566k and now 344k. Still high BE 116 though.

It's not just the high B/E. He hasn't done anything this year to warrant paying any more than 250k for him. He's tracking at 0.66 points per minute this year, which is barely good enough for D8, let alone a starting spot.

Ugh!

Guess he is in the same boat as Smith!?

Brodie is averaging .81 points per game this year, but that's only due to him averaging 1.25ppm over the 1st 3 rounds. From his 7 games since then, Brodie has only averaged 0.61ppg though, which is even worse than Eski's 0.66. So basically if you have Smith already, you would only be adding to your woes by adding Eski to your back 6.

Brodie is averaging .81 points per game this year, but that's only due to him averaging 1.25ppm over the 1st 3 rounds. From his 7 games since then, Brodie has only averaged 0.61ppg though, which is even worse than Eski's 0.66. So basically if you have Smith already, you would only be adding to your woes by adding Eski to your back 6.
Ugh again!

What I was getting to, looking for a replacement for Saad at D6 so I could do Sloane >>> Ablett this week.

Ugh again!

What I was getting to, looking for a replacement for Saad at D6 so I could do Sloane >>> Ablett this week.

Cokehoon 237k He's playing midfield, averaging 74ppg with a B/E of -17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back