Position 2015 SuperCoach defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I heard Steven Trigg on SEN an hour ago say that Andrew Walker is our only injury concern at this stage of pre-season but he might be ready for Rd1. *...I wasn't even aware that he was injured. TheOz do you know anything about this?

I heard Steven Trigg on SEN an hour ago say that Andrew Walker is our only injury concern at this stage of pre-season but he might be ready for Rd1. *...I wasn't even aware that he was injured. TheOz do you know anything about this?

Had minor knee surgery bud will pm you

Ah, damn. Was wondering why no one seemed to be picking him.
I'd still look to pick him as a midfielder. He and Murph will be our two main hbf's.

Should be good for a 75+ average.

Haven't heard anything until you posted this. Doesn't sound good.

Any love for Birchall?

Yes, reckon he'll add a few points per game this season considering he was played as more of a lock down defender in games last season due to some of the backline issues they had. Should break 90 ppg again this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel getting the backline right will be crucial this year. Made harder by the fact at this admittedly very early stage there doesn't look like there will be a whole lot of decent rookies, would love to field rookies at d5 and d6 but doesn't look likely looking at everyone on offer, can't see too many that would be in the frame for round 1.

Feel getting the backline right will be crucial this year. Made harder by the fact at this admittedly very early stage there doesn't look like there will be a whole lot of decent rookies, would love to field rookies at d5 and d6 but doesn't look likely looking at everyone on offer, can't see too many that would be in the frame for round 1.

I'm almost at the point where I'm looking at 4-5 safe pics/proven performers for my Def. Guys with runs on the board, who may not be top 6 this year, but will each (injury permitting) guarantee an 85-90+ average. It will pretty much be the same as nailing 1 or 2 super-premo Defs averaging 100+ if 85-90 points per game each are spread around 5 players.

Is Scott Thompson on anyone's watch list?
Interested in people's thoughts as to why or why not?
View his ave 98ppg in '13 as an anomaly?

Both Scotty Thompson and Harry Taylor both priced about the same both could be value picks.But you'd only have one if you were going to take on one of these guys.
Read somewhere Harry was seeing a running coach in the pre-season unsure of a role change.But these guys are KPP players and scores will be up and down.

Is Scott Thompson on anyone's watch list?
Interested in people's thoughts as to why or why not?
View his ave 98ppg in '13 as an anomaly?

Has a 4yr ave of 87.

If you want someone who is priced at 79 and will probably give you 85-90, which is probably not 'too bad' this year for SC defenders.

Both Scotty Thompson and Harry Taylor both priced about the same both could be value picks.But you'd only have one if you were going to take on one of these guys.
Read somewhere Harry was seeing a running coach in the pre-season unsure of a role change.But these guys are KPP players and scores will be up and down.

Taylor has a 4yr ave of 85, but is priced at 83.

You're right though, wouldn't be choosing both.

Has a 4yr ave of 87.

If you want someone who is priced at 79 and will probably give you 85-90, which is probably not 'too bad' this year for SC defenders.
I have to think that he is just as viable a selection as the similarly priced Newnes, McKenzie, Docherty that people seem to be quite happy with.
What are your thoughts on Roberton? Likely to play? Role in the team? He scored well previously when allowed to play fairly loose and run off half back.

I have to think that he is just as viable a selection as the similarly priced Newnes, McKenzie, Docherty that people seem to be quite happy with.
What are your thoughts on Roberton? Likely to play? Role in the team? He scored well previously when allowed to play fairly loose and run off half back.

AS a few have mentioned, there is some value amongst 400-450k, if you would be content that they wont be 'superstar' scorers.

Roberton had a good stint running off the HB line for the Saints in '13, before having to be played as a tall defender later in that year with Saints injuries & depth being tested.

Last year he was struggling to run from an ankle injury, from what I've been led to believe, so didn't play much and when he did, didn't score well & didn't look confident.

He's not currently an automatic selection in our best 22, but keep an eye on what we do in NAB with him, if he gets his form back (no injury concerns ATM from what I read) and they play him off the HB line (not as a shut down defender), he could go ok.

At best though, I reckon he's only an 80-90 scorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back