Position 2015 SuperCoach defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know how Fisher is going this preseason? Averaged 92 despite coming in underdone, priced a 83. He's getting on a bit but he can score

Nathan Brown likely to score the same as hes names sake Luke remember him.

Has to be considered though, even if it's just for D7/8.

If we can only 'get' 2 other rookie backs to start rd1, can't be discounted that I will be looking at putting him there.

Gets to 260k-ish, makes 115k, could think of worse things to happen.

If we can only 'get' 2 other rookie backs to start rd1, can't be discounted that I will be looking at putting him there.

True.
I held Luke Brown all year i might as well do the same with hes name sake.

Anyone know how Fisher is going this preseason? Averaged 92 despite coming in underdone, priced a 83. He's getting on a bit but he can score
I reckon he'd gonna be a good pick, the ball will be in St Kilda's back 50 a lot.

"Hamling is the big mover this week. Yep he's a bit light and perhaps issues with the tank, but he performs well in the contest drills and in match practice. Skills are very good and he's agile and athletic. He will help to create of half back. Hunter was outstanding in the match as was Honeychurch. Daniel was good again today, but right now, those guys are marginally in front so I have him relegated to emergency."

Taken from the Doggies board. Posted yesterday. Hopefully a handy rookie for us in defence.

"Hamling is the big mover this week. Yep he's a bit light and perhaps issues with the tank, but he performs well in the contest drills and in match practice. Skills are very good and he's agile and athletic. He will help to create of half back. Hunter was outstanding in the match as was Honeychurch. Daniel was good again today, but right now, those guys are marginally in front so I have him relegated to emergency."

Taken from the Doggies board. Posted yesterday. Hopefully a handy rookie for us in defence.
Will be interesting if hammer Hamling gets many games this year and/Or next year and improves because Geelong drafted him as a project type player.Some peeps thought he was alright in the VFL last year.

As much as I hate to say it, I think we have seen the best of Enright, cant see him getting much higher.

The risk with Enright is that given it's likely his final year, once he hits 300 I think they will 'manage' him to make sure he's right for finals if the club is there. I have been burnt by premos getting rested in finals too many times lately.

Anyway at the moment I am running with Simpson, BSmith, HShaw, Waters, DMcKenzie, NBrown, Maynard and DVR. The fact that I'm having to risk Waters again despite how many times he's burnt me and run a terrible scorer like Nathan Brown on my bench is evidence of how rubbish the back premiums and rookies are this year

Hodge v birchall
At a guess I'd speculate Hodge will be rested more so than Birch this year. Whilst Birch can throw in some less-than-impressive scores when he's hard-tagged, I'd think the addition of Frawley may just free up Gibbo to play a rebounding role that he's shown he is more than capable of playing before which could, in turn, allow Birch to push up the ground if he's not having any luck off the half back line.

The risk with Enright is that given it's likely his final year, once he hits 300 I think they will 'manage' him to make sure he's right for finals if the club is there. I have been burnt by premos getting rested in finals too many times lately.
Off topic but I didn't realise Enright was on track for the 300 this year. Kudos to the great man :thumbsu:

Off topic but I didn't realise Enright was on track for the 300 this year. Kudos to the great man :thumbsu:

It's a big thing TBH, through our premiership era most of the guys have not made it to 300 before retiring, and we've only had a couple of 300 gamers in our history. Enright will be the first and possibly the only one of the current era to do it (Bartel will be the other one if he plays on next year, guys like Johnson and Kelly are unlikely to make 300)

Anyway back on topic I have just realised SC has made Biggs a mid after he played all his footy at Syd as a def. There goes another left field option.

Anyway back on topic I have just realised SC has made Biggs a mid after he played all his footy at Syd as a def. There goes another left field option.
Kind of stupid, because if he get games for the Dogs then we'll play him as a defender as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a big thing TBH, through our premiership era most of the guys have not made it to 300 before retiring, and we've only had a couple of 300 gamers in our history. Enright will be the first and possibly the only one of the current era to do it (Bartel will be the other one if he plays on next year, guys like Johnson and Kelly are unlikely to make 300)

What are your thoughts on Mackie this year? Can he hold 85+? Really struggling to find good defenders.

What are your thoughts on Mackie this year? Can he hold 85+? Really struggling to find good defenders.
Hurn and Birch are in that price range and will score more i reckon.Flavor of the month boy Newnes will score around the same maybe bit more and is cheaper.

TBH I think that all of Mackie, Kelly, Enright, Jaensch Hurn and Birchall will hold 85 without getting over 90, which is why I think it's a crap year for defenders and am annoyed they made a lot of the best ones mid only.

One thing on Mackie I would say though is the coach is big on run and speed of ball movement from half back which is why he had Varcoe dropping back to half back last year even though he can't defend. I think they had wanted for Thurlow to come in to play that sort of role, but a kidney injury has wiped his pre season. There is a small chance that they reshuffle with Bews coming in as a lockdown defender (he was an emergency for the north final as I recall) and free up Mackie a bit more if they can't find a younger player to do it. I would watch the NAB Cup.

Could just be worth it as a warm body at D8 for the whole season, can't be worse than Jed Bews, the anti-cash cow.

True that and he can throw in some poo scores,but still av 88 last season.88 plus will be good enough this coming season.
Your thoughts on Newnes seeing Guthrie added 20 ppg moving from def into the mids last season.
Guthrie started from a much lower base (59 points to 80), Newnes is coming in at an average of 81, a rise of 10 ppg is more than acceptable considering the crapness of the backline premiums this season.

Guthrie started from a much lower base (59 points to 80), Newnes is coming in at an average of 81, a rise of 10 ppg is more than acceptable considering the crapness of the backline premiums this season.
The whole facts might not be clear on Newnes,thought he played some games on a wing? So yeah 5 points more per game might be right.He did dish up some 50 scores in a row few times if he can make them 70's at worst he could be a handy pick.Nab cup watch list.

TBH I think that all of Mackie, Kelly, Enright, Jaensch Hurn and Birchall will hold 85 without getting over 90, which is why I think it's a crap year for defenders and am annoyed they made a lot of the best ones mid only.

One thing on Mackie I would say though is the coach is big on run and speed of ball movement from half back which is why he had Varcoe dropping back to half back last year even though he can't defend. I think they had wanted for Thurlow to come in to play that sort of role, but a kidney injury has wiped his pre season. There is a small chance that they reshuffle with Bews coming in as a lockdown defender (he was an emergency for the north final as I recall) and free up Mackie a bit more if they can't find a younger player to do it. I would watch the NAB Cup.
Reckon Hurn with a clean run of injury will average low 90s. Score of 7 in Round 2 last season lowers his average significantly, would have been 91.65 without that game.

there are better rookie options up fwd and through the mids, picking afew premiums in defence is a good move.
torn between ibbotson and m johnson from freo.
liking hibberd and k simpson and jaench at this stage. any other 400k+ players who provide value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back