Position 2015 SuperCoach defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd like to hear people's thoughts on Docherty at $412k. I know he's a bit unproven and not the cheapest, but I rate him. Is he expected to get much mid time? Or am I better spending an extra $100k for a premo defender?

I'd like to hear people's thoughts on Docherty at $412k. I know he's a bit unproven and not the cheapest, but I rate him. Is he expected to get much mid time? Or am I better spending an extra $100k for a premo defender?

Or anyone else around that range

Could go cheaper and get same if not better output IMO. Goodes, Ibbo and KK I expect to be ahead of him at years end.

He seemed like a pretty popular choice before Higgins and The Clown Prince had big nab campaigns

I see a lot of people starting 1 or 2 rookies in the backline. Barring Nathan Brown (not gonna score well) I can't see any rookie priced players guaranteed a game week in week out. Personally I can see a lot of donuts happening.

I've gone for shaw, Gibson, Kelly, newness, Ibbotson, goodes for my starting 6, saad and whatever other rookie looks like he will get an odd game are on my bench.
It's not sitting easy with me knowing that ive spent so much on midpricers. What are other peoples thoughts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see a lot of people starting 1 or 2 rookies in the backline. Barring Nathan Brown (not gonna score well) I can't see any rookie priced players guaranteed a game week in week out. Personally I can see a lot of donuts happening.

I've gone for shaw, Gibson, Kelly, newness, Ibbotson, goodes for my starting 6, saad and whatever other rookie looks like he will get an odd game are on my bench.
It's not sitting easy with me knowing that ive spent so much on midpricers. What are other peoples thoughts.

is it your mids or fwds that have lost a "top end"player?

With the defense the way it is this year, I think most will have 1 or 2 (maybe 3) 250K - 450K players starting.

With the defense the way it is this year, I think most will have 1 or 2 (maybe 3) 250K - 450K players starting.

I think people are using the lack of premo's in defense this year as an excuse to go with more mid pricers.

Premium defenders will be around the 95 mark, and there will be enough to mark that, so im not sure why everyone is pushing so many mid pricers in one team.

I will concede there is a bit of value between 400-450K, but below that its no different than any other year, mid pricers are at that price for a reason, and very few ever make the jump in one year. Anyone going with 3 players between 250-400K is going to get burned, becasue there is little chance 3 will make the cut and even less likely that they will be the 3 you picked.

Mid Priced defender = Buyer beware. If you have to convince yourself its a good pick just so you can save the money then your kidding yourself.

I think people are using the lack of premo's in defense this year as an excuse to go with more mid pricers.

Premium defenders will be around the 95 mark, and there will be enough to mark that, so im not sure why everyone is pushing so many mid pricers in one team.

I will concede there is a bit of value between 400-450K, but below that its no different than any other year, mid pricers are at that price for a reason, and very few ever make the jump in one year. Anyone going with 3 players between 250-400K is going to get burned, becasue there is little chance 3 will make the cut and even less likely that they will be the 3 you picked.

Mid Priced defender = Buyer beware. If you have to convince yourself its a good pick just so you can save the money then your kidding yourself.
Agreed. I've gone for 1 midpricer (Newnes). I had 2 but it left the whole of my team looking like it would need too many trades to complete it to a full premium team.

Almost all of the expensive defenders all look a bit suspect on their longevity and ability to play 22 games.
If you were to name the 6 defenders who you think will average 95 this year, I reckon they would all have massive doubts about their ability to play 22 games in 2015. Most of them are on the wrong side of 30 and those who aren't are dickheads like Heath Shaw who will no doubt miss games for stupidity along the way.

It's a trade off between using slightly cheaper guys who will accumulate good total points scored versus using some additional trades to keep guys who average slightly higher but miss games.

Brown is the only lock to play, but I wouldn't want him scoring at D6 (he's not in my team).
Saad will probably score the best out of the rookie DEFs. McIntosh next best.

I have Saad at D7, looking at Brodie Murdoch. Played 9 games last year and a good % of those with the vest on, hopefully might start and make an impact. Might have to wait until teams are announced before locking this away.

Almost all of the expensive defenders all look a bit suspect on their longevity and ability to play 22 games.
If you were to name the 6 defenders who you think will average 95 this year, I reckon they would all have massive doubts about their ability to play 22 games in 2015. Most of them are on the wrong side of 30 and those who aren't are dickheads like Heath Shaw who will no doubt miss games for stupidity along the way.

It's a trade off between using slightly cheaper guys who will accumulate good total points scored versus using some additional trades to keep guys who average slightly higher but miss games.

Agree with the limited games from some of the top scorers, but there are still plenty of options that are durable.

Malceski
Simpson
Smith
Burgoyne
Birchall
Jeansch

All played 22 games

Then you have Newnes, Adcock, Taylor, Kelly and Harbrow that played at least 21 who are all capable.

On the
I have Saad at D7, looking at Brodie Murdoch. Played 9 games last year and a good % of those with the vest on, hopefully might start and make an impact. Might have to wait until teams are announced before locking this away.
On the indefinite injury list due to wrecking his back making babies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back