Position 2015 SuperCoach forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you forget about Fyfe smashing a 108?
O'meara 98, Wingard 99, Bennell 98 are a few others

Yeah sorry was only thinking from last year, my memory isn't that great but this obviously shows that around 100 is possible. Is Martin in the same class as those players though? I'd think no, especially considering those guys were getting plenty of midfield time whereas Martin is trying to get time from Ablett, Swallow, Prestia, Bennell, etc. I see him playing on a HFF and not scoring enough to justify a midfield spot in your team

Yeah sorry was only thinking from last year, my memory isn't that great but this obviously shows that around 100 is possible. Is Martin in the same class as those players though? I'd think no, especially considering those guys were getting plenty of midfield time whereas Martin is trying to get time from Ablett, Swallow, Prestia, Bennell, etc. I see him playing on a HFF and not scoring enough to justify a midfield spot in your team

Martin is rated that highly at gold Coast it's like the 2nd coming of the saviour.
nab watch a must

Anyone think this forward line has merit?

B. Deledio, D. Swan, T. Mitchell, C. Wingard, M. Bontempelli, J. Hogan, (M. Clark, J. Laverde)

4 mid-pricers that could turn into keepers. Obv super risky because you'd prob be stuck with a couple but surely 2 of the 4 at least could turn into keepers.

Last edited:
How much would Jack Martin have to average for his price to reach 450k-500k by his bye?

With Deledio a fwd not many people are selecting Martin, thoughts on starting both?

Will start with one, likely Lids, and upgrade to the other one after their bye.
Feel as though if either are to have a bigger price drop it would be Dusty.

What do people think about the Swans early fixture? I'm torn between Buddy and TMitch in the FWD line. Leaning towards Buddy but TMitch just seems to offer so much value.

Will be starting with Parker in the guts so I'm thinking 3 Swans would be too many, not including any possible rookies i.e Heeney, BJack, Nankervis...

Anyone think this forward line has merit?

B. Deledio, D. Swan, T. Mitchell, C. Wingard, M. Bontempelli, J. Hogan, (M. Clark, J. Laverde)

4 mid-pricers that could turn into keepers. Obv super risky because you'd prob be stuck with a couple but surely 2 of the 4 at least could turn into keepers.

Swan will average more than Deledio.

He's bound to stay fit at some point in his career. Would be the biggest risk, but would could have the biggest reward! With that being said, I won't be picking him lol. Just no one had mentioned him at all.

He is in mine. A lot of teams have similar looks and at 497k I am going to role the dice. Doing repeat 100m sprints recently at training and killing it. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Jack Martin is going to be an absolute supercoach gun in a couple years.

Agreed, he didn't set the world on fire last year so comparing him to guys like o'Meara and Wine's is a little off, as they played full seasons in their first year and were major contributors to the team. Martin only played 11 games, has put on a bit of weight over summer, but he is still rocking a light frame, both wines and O'Meara were beasts.

Martin has the ability to be awesome, but it will be a slow progression, he still needs to put a bit more bulk on and get more accustomed to the AFL level. I think he will be 2 years away from reaching his potential. probably average 70-75 this year, 85-95 in 2016, and then start producing some premo scores.

To reach 450-500K by the bye he would need to be averaging over 100.

Averaging 90 will get him there by years end, but he will need to produce some decent scores to get there by the bye rounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To reach 450-500K by the bye he would need to be averaging over 100.

Averaging 90 will get him there by years end, but he will need to produce some decent scores to get there by the bye rounds.

in terms of cash rise it is not as simple as average tho.

It really depends on when the low score / scores occurs tho.

eg: if a player scores 5 in their 1st game it only effects cash value for one week (the 3rd game they play), however effects their overall average every week

in terms of cash rise it is not as simple as average tho.

It really depends on when the low score / scores occurs tho.

eg: if a player scores 5 in their 1st game it only effects cash value for one week (the 3rd game they play), however effects their overall average every week

True, but one way or another he will need to be scoring over 100 a fair bit reach 450-500K by mid year.

Macrae last year took 15 games to crack 500K, he averaged 103 to that point, also had the added advantage of starting 30k closer than Martin.

It will be a tough ask for Martin to reach that price by the bye rounds.

Agreed, he didn't set the world on fire last year so comparing him to guys like o'Meara and Wine's is a little off, as they played full seasons in their first year and were major contributors to the team. Martin only played 11 games, has put on a bit of weight over summer, but he is still rocking a light frame, both wines and O'Meara were beasts.

Martin has the ability to be awesome, but it will be a slow progression, he still needs to put a bit more bulk on and get more accustomed to the AFL level. I think he will be 2 years away from reaching his potential. probably average 70-75 this year, 85-95 in 2016, and then start producing some premo scores.
He was never going to replicate Wines/O'Meara's debut seasons as unlike them two he came into the league well undersized. He showed glimpses of being something special especially in the last round.

Have not seen Walters in one single team.l guess sc ha e thrown us a bone with some new forwards. No one is looking that far down the page for forwards.

He was in my team last week, but he has been replaced by Wingard for now. Walters is definitely on my watch list though, and if I see him moving up through the midfield a bit in the NAB games, he could well be in my team come round 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back