Position 2015 SuperCoach forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The calibre of talent is enough to explain those listed above who did have good second years isn't it? All of the above a truly elite. I think that is what makes the difference.

I would say only fyfe is elite
rest are damm good but yet to be elite

Not many people have Jack Gunston, could be a nice pod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being a KPF makes him less appealing, and Hawthorn share the ball around too much, and I cant see him increasing too much.

Just a suggestion, probably won't be picking him still.

My big question is whether to put in Martin this year, I feel he will have a better year than last year but I already have 2 tigers players locked in.

I am never going to be respected for my opinions around here I feel.

My big question is whether to put in Martin this year, I feel he will have a better year than last year but I already have 2 tigers players locked in.

Plenty of people going with Deledio (assuming you have Deledio) and Martin in the forward line. If Richmond improve, there isn;t any reason why both cant add a few extra points to their average as well.

Not sure who your 3rd Richmond player is, but Cotchin will at worst maintain his average, Ellis should probably improve, Vlastuin if he gets more of a run through the midfield should be on the rise. Houli should maintain. Lambert is a rookie so wouldn't be worried about him if he is your third.

3 players from one team isn't that much of a risk, provided those three players have all played together before and still managed to score well.

Scored 100+ only 5 times in 23 games last year. Scored below 70 five times as well. I would look at a fwd/mid option at around the same price.

I am going with Martin. Seems to be off the radar this pre-season and hoping for a big one from him.

Martin was pretty good last year and if you think he will be even better then I suggest you lock him in. I reckon he will go even better as well and Richmonds draw is quite good early. He and Robbie Gray are first picked in my forward line and seriously considering Deledio as well as they are all capable of being in the top 5 scoring forwards this year

Deledio and Maric are my other 2. Want to have at least one player from every club this year.

Deledio is a good one to have up forward, cracked a ton in 8 of last 9 games last year. Goddard another good one.
Gunston is a bit too inconsistent. Ave of 90 but would need to get that up to 100.
I'll be considering Buddy this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The calibre of talent is enough to explain those listed above who did have good second years isn't it? All of the above a truly elite. I think that is what makes the difference.
If you're lucky enough to pick the 3% (total guess) of second year players that breakout, sure.

Deledio and Maric are my other 2. Want to have at least one player from every club this year.
If you want one player from each club, having three from one will be hard. Maric a strange selection.

I am never going to be respected for my opinions around here I feel.
Most people respect opinions on SC around here. Outlandish predictions of Cotchin winning the Brownlow however.......

If you want one player from each club, having three from one will be hard. Maric a strange selection.

I like the Maric pick.

Averaged 99.7 after a slow start coming back from injury but topped the ton in 7 of the last 8 games. Will be number 1 all year if fit, Ham[pson wont provide much comp there.

I think he could be good value this year.

If you're lucky enough to pick the 3% (total guess) of second year players that breakout, sure.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that to me, the guys who seem to continue to grow and improve in Yr 2 tend to be the absolute, rolled gold studs. I think truly elite talent seems to be the one thing that the list has in common. So if you are looking for an indicator to help you predict that 3%, I think that above other factors, elite talent would seem to be the one I would lean towards.
For example. If you take 2 first year players from last year, lets call them L. Dunstan and J. Martin.
Dunstan had a far superior first year compared to what Martin delivered. Using my logic however, I would suggest that Martin is more likely to have a great 2nd year than Dunstan. He is the far more talented player overall. Much higher ceiling.
Hardly scientific, but seems to be a pattern

I guess what I'm trying to say is that to me, the guys who seem to continue to grow and improve in Yr 2 tend to be the absolute, rolled gold studs. I think truly elite talent seems to be the one thing that the list has in common. So if you are looking for an indicator to help you predict that 3%, I think that above other factors, elite talent would seem to be the one I would lean towards.
For example. If you take 2 first year players from last year, lets call them L. Dunstan and J. Martin.
Dunstan had a far superior first year compared to what Martin delivered. Using my logic however, I would suggest that Martin is more likely to have a great 2nd year than Dunstan. He is the far more talented player overall. Much higher ceiling.
Hardly scientific, but seems to be a pattern

Good luck picking the elite players after a year though.

Takes most players a few years to become elite.

Easy to look back now and say Wines was elite, but just remember Aaron Mullet had a better first year than Wines. Jordie Mckenzie had a better first year than Fyfe.

Most people respect opinions on SC around here. Outlandish predictions of Cotchin winning the Brownlow however.......

Maric will be number 1 ruck every week and should be a bit cheaper than the other premos, Proven to average at the very least 90 which I think will be 100 this year.

Maric will be number 1 ruck every week and should be a bit cheaper than the other premos, Proven to average at the very least 90 which I think will be 100 this year.

I agree on maric

Choice of maric nutnut and will for my r1 r2 spots

Good luck picking the elite players after a year though.

Takes most players a few years to become elite.

Easy to look back now and say Wines was elite, but just remember Aaron Mullet had a better first year than Wines. Jordie Mckenzie had a better first year than Fyfe.
Firstly, on what planet did Mullet have a better first year than Wines? Or McKenzie better than Fyfe? Come to think of it, they didn't even debut in the same year. None of the 4.
Fyfe: Debut 2010, SC ave 72.5
McKenzie (who? No really I had to look up who this was): 2009, 58
Wines: 2013, 74
Mullett: 2011, 43
That's in SC terms, in the real footy world the difference between the examples given would be even starker.
Secondly, I think you're missing my point.
According to my heavily thought through, researched and tested theory that I created a couple of hours ago while daydreaming about umbrella drinks and pop-tarts, its not about what they produce in year 1, but about their potential talent. Wines and Fyfe were always considered elite talents with elite potential. All the way through juniors and underage footy. Elite talent and potential seems to be a better indicator of someone delivering in Yr 2 than any other factor including however well they perform in Yr 1.
This is umbrella drink - pop-tart theory 101 here

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back