Position 2015 SuperCoach forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any interest in Bartel? Was very frustrating last year but I read in another thread that he'll spend more time in the midfield this year

Not a bad pick, but I think Gray, Martin, Franklin, Swan are better options for a variety of different reasons, and then you have guys like Goddard and Deledio who we need more info on before making decisions, and Boomer is at least the equal on Bartel.

Some names to weigh up when deciding to pick Bartel - I think any combination of the 8 above will do well but for example Swan being that much cheaper surely gives him an extra pro over Bartel etc.

Not a bad pick, but I think Gray, Martin, Franklin, Swan are better options for a variety of different reasons, and then you have guys like Goddard and Deledio who we need more info on before making decisions, and Boomer is at least the equal on Bartel.

Some names to weigh up when deciding to pick Bartel - I think any combination of the 8 above will do well but for example Swan being that much cheaper surely gives him an extra pro over Bartel etc.
Already got Franklin and Swan and Gray is more than I'm willing to spend on a guy that's had one good year (the guys a jet, don't get me wrong). Lids worries me a little with some of his injury concerns and Goddard burnt me last year, I brought him in when he started declining and missing games. But realistically I'll probably end up going with one of them or Dusty, just interested in people's points of view. There hasn't been a lot of discussion about him

Thinking at this stage im going gray and martin.

Other option im considering is delidio and godard.

I prefer the riskier younger 2 with more potential upside than the proven consistent 100+ averages who could potentially be on the decline (moreso godard)

Going to cost an extra 30k

I've seen people have 1 or 2 of these guys in their teams, anybody looking at running with all 3

Swan: back playing in the middle, seems to be fit
Bonts: Libba and Griff gone, should have a full time mid role
TMitchell: injury free, full pre-season

all 3 could easily go 100+++

I've seen people have 1 or 2 of these guys in their teams, anybody looking at running with all 3

Swan: back playing in the middle, seems to be fit
Bonts: Libba and Griff gone, should have a full time mid role
TMitchell: injury free, full pre-season

all 3 could easily go 100+++

I know Swan is mid priced but he's not a mid pricer, he's just a cheap premium. So it's not really three mid pricers. I won't be having either of the other two. Purely guns and rookies in the fwd and mids as I'm taking enough mp chances down back.

I know Swan is mid priced but he's not a mid pricer, he's just a cheap premium. So it's not really three mid pricers. I won't be having either of the other two. Purely guns and rookies in the fwd and mids as I'm taking enough mp chances down back.
yeah fair enough. I don't like any of the mid pricers in defence so I'm looking at a fwd line of Martin, Swan, Bonts, Mitchell, then Clark/Hogan/etc, with a 4/5 premo defence
we'll see what happens with rookies anyway

I know it was a preseason game and Selwood/Johnson didn't play but boy didn't Jimmy Bartel look a million bucks playing through the midfield. Could be an option instead of a Goddard/Deledio/Franklin.

he did look good.

the tackle count by the game was decidely low iirc (could be wrong)

more like a game of touch footy, very low intensity and accountability from what i saw

Jiska thoughts on Salem?
I was all over him last year, but watching him closely when he played he went missing find 15-20 minutes each quarter but looked like a ball magnet in the it her 5-10. Like a lost kid. Just depends a lot whether he can find the ball. Personally I'd rather wait and see and jump on him late than pick him initially and have to trade him out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about Sharrod Wellingham people? Finally fit....?
West Coast Official Injury Report

Eric McKenzie - Knee. Season
Nic Naitanui - Back tightness. Test
Scott Selwood - Ankle. 3-5 weeks
Sharrod Wellingham - Still appears to be hampered by the phallic shaped protrusion on his forehead. An affliction he will likely suffer for the rest of his life. West Coast medical staff had considered placing him on the long term injury list, but AFL medico's denied this request stating, 'It would be unfair to compensate one club for having a dickhead on their list, when it's very likely that most, if not all clubs also suffer from this affliction'. AFL.com and Channel 7 medical expert Dr Deiter Parkins explains, "Currently there is no known cure for being a dickhead, or Osteitis Dickheadieus, a condition which has become all too common amongst modern day footballers across all codes. Unfortunately for West Coast, all known methods of rehab have proven to be largely ineffective." Despite the gloomy prognosis, the club insists that they will stand by their player.
Jack Darling - Foot. 4-7 weeks

West Coast Official Injury Report

Eric McKenzie - Knee. Season
Nic Naitanui - Back tightness. Test
Scott Selwood - Ankle. 3-5 weeks
Sharrod Wellingham - Still appears to be hampered by the phallic shaped protrusion on his forehead. An affliction he will likely suffer for the rest of his life. West Coast medical staff had considered placing him on the long term injury list, but AFL medico's denied this request stating, 'It would be unfair to compensate one club for having a dickhead on their list, when it's very likely that most, if not all clubs also suffer from this affliction'. AFL.com and Channel 7 medical expert Dr Deiter Parkins explains, "Currently there is no known cure for being a dickhead, or Osteitis Dickheadieus, a condition which has become all too common amongst modern day footballers across all codes. Unfortunately for West Coast, all known methods of rehab have proven to be largely ineffective." Despite the gloomy prognosis, the club insists that they will stand by their player.
Jack Darling - Foot. 4-7 weeks

P.O.T.Y

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back