Position 2015 SuperCoach forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of the old Geelong midfielders that have been playing in defence or the forward line for the last two years are going to spend HUGE midfield minutes this year and go back to their glory SC numbers....according to everyone.
not buying into it. They could maintain or possibly improve by 2 or 3 points but no way will they get back to the likes of 110 averages

not buying into it. They could maintain or possibly improve by 2 or 3 points but no way will they get back to the likes of 110 averages

Selwood is the only likely cats midfielder to get close to that, I reckon Stokes will be the biggest improver though I dont know why he just seems to do stuff and go unnoticed, wont be 110 though.

your ******* kidding right

also the way you have reviewed every player is if every single thing goes their way. No way will Gray average 125, Bonts will get tagged at some stages and is likely to be very inconsistent due to him being so raw, also a few of his scores got bumped up last year due to match winning goals/moments. Also what makes you so confident that Bartel will crack a 110 average when he hasn't done so since 2008, when he was clearly a more superior player back then with a better team around him and had a body better suited to playing midfield . If this is the way you view all your SC selections then you'd be disappointed with anything less than 2500 from round 1. Your predictions may come off for 1 or 2 players, but all of them together is just ludicrous
Well aren't you just the worlds most pleasant human being hahahaha man I'm sharing my opinion no need to be a donkey about it, yes I am hoping to win the whole thing so scores near 2400 are very get able, I'm sorry that you aren't in the same boat to compete for the title maybe next year will be your year

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Well aren't you just the worlds most pleasant human being hahahaha man I'm sharing my opinion no need to be a donkey about it, yes I am hoping to win the whole thing so scores near 2400 are very get able, I'm sorry that you aren't in the same boat to compete for the title maybe next year will be your year

didnt mean to sound like such a dick, but no way will Lin Jong get tagged ahead of Bont. also just seemed an extremely unrealistic comment. out of curiosity what have your past rankings been?

how much in price and what sort of score is everyone anticipating Dane Swan to get during the course of the season ??? Is he a keeper or an upgrade target to another premium for the year ? Just like to know your thoughts on this :)

Some people are hoping he can pump out regular scores over 100, if you take him you'd most likely be looking at keeping him and if that's the case you'll want him to average 95-110, personally I feel that he won't get back to those numbers. If Swan averages 95 I'll be really surprised given he won't play much midfield time with Collingwood looking to rebuild. The thing working in Swans favour is his draw, if Collingwood play anywhere to their standard they could be 3-2 after 5 and Swan could bully a few teams (especially Essendon like he always does). You could use Swan to get to Gary Ablett come 6 weeks or there abouts but that would be risky in my eyes.

didnt mean to sound like such a dick but just seemed an extremely unrealistic comment. out of curiosity what have your past rankings been?
I've ranked in the top 250 every year I've played (4 seasons) and last year I ranked 93 so hopefully I'll be able to push into the top 50 and maybe even win it.

Backing your gut is what SuperCoach is all about, I'm playing with 7-8 upgrades this year meaning I'm taking as many premiums in as I can. Most people that win average 2300 across the whole competition so getting a team upgraded as quick as possible is crucial. Even if Bartel pumps out low hundreds each week, drops an 80 every now and then it'll still get me 2200 in the early weeks and by the time I'm upgraded by round 10-11 I'll be putting out scores around 2500-2800

Is Jack Ziebell on anyones radar? Does anyone think he can take a step towards becoming a premo, or will he just miss a big chunk of the season, providing heaps of promise from time to time?

I've ranked in the top 250 every year I've played (4 seasons) and last year I ranked 93 so hopefully I'll be able to push into the top 50 and maybe even win it.

Backing your gut is what SuperCoach is all about, I'm playing with 7-8 upgrades this year meaning I'm taking as many premiums in as I can. Most people that win average 2300 across the whole competition so getting a team upgraded as quick as possible is crucial. Even if Bartel pumps out low hundreds each week, drops an 80 every now and then it'll still get me 2200 in the early weeks and by the time I'm upgraded by round 10-11 I'll be putting out scores around 2500-2800

To consistently get top 250 every year you must get the right value selections and be able to play a very disciplined game. Selecting Gray and Bonts seems very counter to that strategy. Selecting Gray with his history and Ports tough early draw screams of chasing last years points to me. Bonts is tempting but the price is awkward and the risk high - you would only take him as a keeper and I find it hard to see him as a top 10 pick at the end of the year.

Is Jack Ziebell on anyones radar? Does anyone think he can take a step towards becoming a premo, or will he just miss a big chunk of the season, providing heaps of promise from time to time?
Ziebell fits the profile for a guy about to explode, Gray and Parker perfect examples of the same price range ect. But the only 2 things going against Ziebell are the team he plays in and how he plays. North Melbourne have a bunch of guys who average 75-105, and there is only so many points to go around each week also very high chance he'll get injured or suspended. But personally I think he's their best midfielder so there is always a chance that he could be their highest point scorer, massive risk on him though

To consistently get top 250 every year you must get the right value selections and be able to play a very disciplined game. Selecting Gray and Bonts seems very counter to that strategy. Selecting Gray with his history and Ports tough early draw screams of chasing last years points to me. Bonts is tempting but the price is awkward and the risk high - you would only take him as a keeper and I find it hard to see him as a top 10 pick at the end of the year.
I've been pretty fortunate early on but last year was a very serious start, had Macrae, Parker at the beginning so that was helpful. I'm a Port supporter so I'm very in depth with Robbie and the rest of the team, he's my only forward that's in and out, just with the uncertainty of the midfield I'm taking in this year I have to spend that extra money in with Gray and his points. Normally if the defence was stronger I'd save money there and go in with a less premium which means an extra in my mids and probably Deledio, Dalhause or Bennell over Gray.

Bonts in the Wingard, Parker, Rockliff, Macrae of previous seasons. I seriously think he can make all Australian and average 90+ (honestly a 95-105 prediction for him) all year, worse comes to it he gets tired in round 18 and I trade him out for someone in form.

All of the old Geelong midfielders that have been playing in defence or the forward line for the last two years are going to spend HUGE midfield minutes this year and go back to their glory SC numbers....according to everyone.
Bartel a gun has scored sc tonnes playing all over the ground.
With Kelly and Jimmy spending some more time on the ball will only help selwood imho.Sel has been prone to have some quiet weeks due to carrying our mids with there help sel should be better for it.

Jimmy is looking very interesting atm, where would you have him with Deledio and Goddard? Cant decide if i want one of the three.
1. Lids
2. Bartel
3. Goddard
imo o_O

Gray is a legitimate gun. He also scores well against good teams. A 'tough draw' means nothing. Bontempelli is a risky pick, he could 'Fyfe' it, but I agree, not likely to finish top 10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jimmy is looking very interesting atm, where would you have him with Deledio and Goddard? Cant decide if i want one of the three.
1. Lids
2. Bartel
3. Goddard
imo o_O
Jimmy has them covered IMO. Goddard? Who knows what is going to happen with Essendon, and personally I'd start Dustin Martin over Lids. None are bad picks, though.

Last year Gray averaged over 100 points against 5 of the first 7 teams that Port vs this year.

Sylvia worth a punt at 200k?
GET THE **** ON SYLVIA!!!!!!!!!!!
reZBHje.gif

Last year Gray averaged over 100 points against 5 of the first 7 teams that Port vs this year.

He needs to average more than that to retain his price.

History
upload_2015-3-28_20-44-36.png

Supercoach history of guys who take a huge one year leap (particularly at his age) suggests his average is likely to fall this year. I'm prepared to admit that he's an outstanding player and there are factors that mitigate against the historical trend (the Port of 2014 and 2015 is much different to the pre 2014 version, role changes, injuries etc) so I couldn't imagine him dropping back to his pre 2012 level but you can't completely ignore his past numbers.

Had Gray, Martin, Swan, Bont and rookies......

Downgraded Bont to Salem and up graded Swan.
Gray, Bartel, Martin, Salem, Clarke, Hogan etc.

Thoughts. Leaves $223k in the bank.
100% happy with Def, Ablettless mid and ruck. Only fwds in a state of flux.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back