Position 2015 SuperCoach midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually have Selwood every year but am a bit nervous this year. No Stevie J or anyone else for that matter to given him a bit of a chop out. I think he will get tagged heavily every week and is in for a torrid season. I am seeing bandaged head every week. Am I right?

He usually goes alright when he tags tagged though. His QF against Hawthorn was one of his best games of his career IMO, I think he will avg. 120 and could win the brownlow.

I usually have Selwood every year but am a bit nervous this year. No Stevie J or anyone else for that matter to given him a bit of a chop out. I think he will get tagged heavily every week and is in for a torrid season. I am seeing bandaged head every week. Am I right?

That reminds me of Jelwood Round 1, 2011 vs Saints. He went into tackle head first and came off second best. Was watching the game with a room full of mates. Someone cries out "who has Selwood in team!?" Yup, I was the only one. A SCers worst nightmare. The old premium MID going down 1st 1/4 of season. He scored 24 for game and missed round 2.

Luckily enough he more or less crushed the rest of season, phew!

Why no SJ..he's back training and hasnt bartel been sent to the mids again?

Why no SJ..he's back training and hasnt bartel been sent to the mids again?

Just what I mean. If Bartel is going back there (veteran) Selwood will get heaps of attention imo. I did not start with Selwood last year and it bit me on the ass.

Just what I mean. If Bartel is going back there (veteran) Selwood will get heaps of attention imo. I did not start with Selwood last year and it bit me on the ass.

Tossing up between him and fyfe

Jelwood being the pod

Tossing up between him and fyfe

Jelwood being the pod

Fyfe has Mundy and Barlow to take a bit of heat. Selwood has?? Geelong's midfield looking skinny for the first time in a long while. Especially with SJ doubtful.

Edit: I thought SJ was out for a while. Did not realise he was back training. That injury is a worry though.

Top 5 what? Expensive mids?

Yep. Well depending on structures, my m5 keeps changing between Jelwood & Sloane.

I know what you're thinking...what's the rest look like?
Solid but a big R2 risk.

Last edited:
Jed Anderson lighting it up in the NAB Cup so far and at 140k looks the goods for a MID bench spot at worst. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems a perfect sub candidate IMO

You can make that observation for every player priced under 200k.

At the end of the day you need someone on your bench!!

Taking out his 9 last year, he averaged 99. The last two years that he played in the midfield he averaged 110.7 and 113.4.

Frawley comes in, so Gibson/Suckling/Birchall take up the rebounding defender roles, means Mitchell goes back into the midfield.
Jeez, he looked he good last night. #110average

He did but who did he exactly play against?
True, but you could say that throughout the whole NAB. He's shown he can score against anyone.

With the unfortunate Libba injury, does anyone think either Wallis (340k) or Lin Jong (273k) might be worth a punt as mid-price premo smokeys?

With the unfortunate Libba injury, does anyone think either Wallis (340k) or Lin Jong (273k) might be worth a punt as mid-price premo smokeys?

Wasnt there a FB article in the past week mooting Lin Jong for more midfield minutes anyway? Mitch Wallis did some alright tagging jobs last year, can he go the other way and win his own ball now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back