2015 SuperCoach Regrets/Vent Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

• Banned
Getting popcorn ready for the Ablett rants.

So I guess I'll be seeing all of you who aren't starting with him in here very soon then. ;)

I lol'd at Daniher. He may turn out to be a decent forward, but I highly doubt he'll ever be SC relevant
Gonna kick some bags this season, and will be good value at his low price. Should rack up the contested marks and goals, leading to SC points.

Tom Lynch is a better pick than Joe Daniher as a young key forward.

I think I'll regret not picking Jobe Watson, if he's free to play. Reckon he will still be Essendons most elite midfielder in 2015 (over Heppell).

Gonna kick some bags this season, and will be good value at his low price. Should rack up the contested marks and goals, leading to SC points.
It's not that simple, he won't get a ton of disposals (which helps key forwards like Riewoldt and Buddy) as he doesn't push up the ground a heap. Also, wouldn't call 320k a low price for a guy that averaged below 60 last year....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not that simple, he won't get a ton of disposals (which helps key forwards like Riewoldt and Buddy) as he doesn't push up the ground a heap. Also, wouldn't call 320k a low price for a guy that averaged below 60 last year....
He averged below 60 last year, can almost guarantee it won't be anywhere near as low as that this year. How do you think Travis Cloke pumps out the tons here and there? It's not from getting disposals, it's from mostly marks and goals. Look specifically at the start of 2013: http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pg-collingwood-magpies--travis-cloke?year=2013&fantasy=y

Daniher has been beasting all of Hooker, Carlisle and Hurley in training and looked really good against GWS. Lloydy has worked wonders.

He averged below 60 last year, can almost guarantee it won't be anywhere near as low as that this year. How do you think Travis Cloke pumps out the tons here and there? It's not from getting disposals, it's from mostly marks and goals. Look specifically at the start of 2013: http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pg-collingwood-magpies--travis-cloke?year=2013&fantasy=y

Daniher has been beasting all of Hooker, Carlisle and Hurley in training and looked really good against GWS. Lloydy has worked wonders.
Cloke only did that when he was at his peak in a top two team.

Cloke only did that when he was at his peak in a top two team.
Of course, but Cloke generally finds himself double teamed and occasionally even triple teamed down there! It's why Collingwood so desperately need Jesse White to come good. In the early parts of the season at least, Carlisle will take the number one defender leaving Daniher with the number two. Reckon Daniher can fly out of the blocks and get that price going up.

What do you expect Daniher to average?

And Cloke weighs 108kg (18kg more than Daniher) that's how he beats opponents.

I really can't see how Daniher will improve so quickly, it'll be a slow improvement and I don't think he'll be as good as you think he'll be.

Id like to see the Giraffe Daniher play an Nroo type role pushing regularly to the flanks/wing. I think he's suited to that.
Probably, but doubt his fitness is there yet. You don't come across a heap of Rooey type key forwards. And it's incredibly hard to teach

What do you expect Daniher to average?

And Cloke weighs 108kg (18kg more than Daniher) that's how he beats opponents.

I really can't see how Daniher will improve so quickly, it'll be a slow improvement and I don't think he'll be as good as you think he'll be.
Daniher probably wouldn't be a keeper, just a quick cash grab. Backing him in to post a couple of tons early and smash that price up. Would be an interesting POD early in the season at least.

Has sized up again this pre-season so don't be so sure of that stat. Not sure what he currently weighs.

It's pre-season. Just like how you are certain Newnes is going to kill it. I'm backing him in, which I why I reckon I'm gonna regret not picking him.
Id like to see the Giraffe Daniher play an Nroo type role pushing regularly to the flanks/wing. I think he's suited to that.
Possibly could, but I prefer the 1000 goal stay at home forward idea. ;)

Opening round being easter weekend, I'm going away on holiday to Hamilton Island, every chance I get I'll be checking for final teams, ruin what should to be a relaxing holiday.
Also miss out on going to our match against GC, although that might be a good thing

Daniher probably wouldn't be a keeper, just a quick cash grab. Backing him in to post a couple of tons early and smash that price up. Would be an interesting POD early in the season at least.

Has sized up again this pre-season so don't be so sure of that stat. Not sure what he currently weighs.

It's pre-season. Just like how you are certain Newnes is going to kill it. I'm backing him in, which I why I reckon I'm gonna regret not picking him.
Daniher's BE is 80. He's not going to all of a sudden jump from averaging 60 to averaging 80. I have no idea how you can think this. Heavy bias is all I can think of.

There is a whole lot more to suggest Newnes will breakout. Newnes put on 6kg in the offseason, improved his fitness a heap, a lot of our midfielders have gone down and is now in the leadership group. What has Daniher done? Unofficially 'bulked up' and had lessons with Lloyd

Saved for the inevitable people who picked Higgins and now regret picking him.

Crossing my fingers for NicNat and GAJ to get Rd 1 berths otherwise they make things difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back