2015 SuperCoach Regrets/Vent Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My main regret is getting rid of Vandenberg a few weeks back.
Fair enough I traded him out for Yeo - before Yeo set the league alight.
But I should've looked to trade someone else out, I don't know who, but I knew full well Vandenberg was a ball magnet.
So, that is a regret. My next regret will be trading Sheed out of my side last week.

I had traded Lonie for Rocky over Vandenberg and posted on here saying I wouldn't reverse.

Ended up reversing and trading out Vandenberg for Rocky. Dumb.

Pretty much everyone traded out Vandenberg last week though.

Yes, which means I should have gone with my initial instinct. Would have score me an extra 100 points. Although I suppose even if I had the E on Cripps there's no guarantee I would have started Vandenberg over Krak after his ton.

Yeah, there was no real argument for keeping Vandenberg. He was stinking it up for a month already, was coming off a 36 and had a high BE. Even those that kept him would have put Krakour on instead (who get 37 :drunk:). Sometimes you just get trolled.

When Bartel went down I had 3 options to bring into my midfield...Scott Thompson, Matt Priddis or Dion Prestia. Went with Prestia and was happy to wear the decision until he did he knee, now I'm absolutely shattered :-(

When Bartel went down I had 3 options to bring into my midfield...Scott Thompson, Matt Priddis or Dion Prestia. Went with Prestia and was happy to wear the decision until he did he knee, now I'm absolutely shattered :-(

And on top of losing both Prestia and Fisher to injury on the weekend, 4 blokes that I had traded OUT of my team scored 110+

who were they just out of interest?

Vandenberg 131 - Upgraded to Rockliff
Griffin 120 - Upgraded to R. Gray
Wallis 115 - Upgraded to JPK (after Wallis got injured)
Hogan 110 - Upgraded to T. Mitchell

Still happy with all of those trades but with Prestia 59, Lumumba 43, Bont 42, Tarrant 36 and Fisher 33 all having shockers and getting injured it just felt like salt in the wound :p

He's a flog for doing absolutely nothing for the first 2 rounds making me think he looked totally lost and not up to AFL. :mad::thumbsdown:
He's a legend. Everyone loves a JM meltdown ;)

Yeah, there was no real argument for keeping Vandenberg. He was stinking it up for a month already, was coming off a 36 and had a high BE. Even those that kept him would have put Krakour on instead (who get 37 :drunk:). Sometimes you just get trolled.
There was an excellent argument for keeping him and I posted it last week. Melbourne had just come through a horror draw playing the clear cut best 3 teams in the comp ... teams who are experts at denying their opponents the ball. Vandenberg was always likely to bounce back to his early good scoring once he got back to playing run of the mill opposition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

biggest regrets

- changing higgins to lumumba just before the first tip off
- trying to make a shark move and trade out Gray because thought his injury was worse than it was

heres my trades anyway don't have any shame to show them, don't regret glenn because he will get a shot (hopefully that comes in round 11 and 13), also as you can see i do 1 up 1 down every week until my team is full
Screen Shot 2015-05-27 at 6.08.38 AM.png

biggest regrets

- changing higgins to lumumba just before the first tip off
- trying to make a shark move and trade out fray because thought his injury was worse than it was

heres my trades anyway don't have any shame to show them, don't regret glenn because he will get a shot (hopefully that comes in round 11 and 13)
View attachment 138247

I thought about offloading Gray in round 4 too as I had the same thinking as you.

Lucky that I didn't though.

I thought about offloading Gray in round 4 too as I had the same thinking as you.

Lucky that I didn't though.
well i did make 6k by trading him in and out :p:p:p

There was an excellent argument for keeping him and I posted it last week. Melbourne had just come through a horror draw playing the clear cut best 3 teams in the comp ... teams who are experts at denying their opponents the ball. Vandenberg was always likely to bounce back to his early good scoring once he got back to playing run of the mill opposition.

I actually posted this last week:

Anyone thinking of keeping Vandenberg? I know he has a BE of 98 but I can just see him coming good after stinking it the past few. Last year I got rid of Tyson in a similar position and he absolutely killed it afterwards. The main reason I want to keep him is because he is playing round 11/12 and the fact that Sinclair now back on the rookie list.

So I would have kept him if Sinclair didn't come back. The problem is almost everyone also still had Cripps, CEY and Krakour who were all going far better than him recently. You can't keep everyone and most people needed to turf someone to get Rockliff/Parker (or both).

I had traded Lonie for Rocky over Vandenberg and posted on here saying I wouldn't reverse.

Ended up reversing and trading out Vandenberg for Rocky. Dumb.

Lets be honest, if you didn't trade Vanders he would have probably been on your bench anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back