Position 2015 SuperCoach rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure you can load def? Doesn't seem to be that exciting, will be the year of the mid pricer down back I think. I Think you have to load the fwds with all those mids available at decent prices. Could you start with 2/5/1/5? (Def>Fwd) Can you squeeze 13 prems in to start? Knock one off the mids if need be but something like that? No Gaz, No Bud ;)

Was tjinking close to the same but maybe only 1 prem defender and 2or3midpriced defenders.
1/5/1/5
And include a decent regular playing R3

Personally, I think the best kid from this draft, and supercoach wise, was taken by the Doggies with their last pick.

He's the best player of the draft and held his own at SANFL level already - will be an absolute gun from the outset.

Caleb Daniel.
He is certainly a very good player. But 'the best player in the draft'. No way

He is certainly a very good player. But 'the best player in the draft'. No way

I disagree - he's a midget, but he's a natural footballer with elite skills and vision.

Will end up something like Same Mitchell with a goal sense.

The rest of the crop is a bit meh, for me.

I disagree - he's a midget, but he's a natural footballer with elite skills and vision.

Not sure what draft you're looking at. Definitely not a meh draft. Plenty of talent running deep.

Lol. All of the top 20 will be better than him except Boekhorst.......

At least.

On talent alone Daniel is top 5 from that draft no doubt, whether he can translate his game to AFL at his height is the million dollar question.

I'm thinking of going light on in defence at start, looking at the options at the moment i really don't know who the top 6 guys will be so would rather wait and see and load up on the forwards where there is a lot of quality and value.

On talent alone Daniel is top 5 from that draft no doubt, whether he can translate his game to AFL at his height is the million dollar question.

I'm thinking of going light on in defence at start, looking at the options at the moment i really don't know who the top 6 guys will be so would rather wait and see and load up on the forwards where there is a lot of quality and value.
I doubt it in his first year.

That said, Jakey Neade went alright in his first year...

Personally, I think the best kid from this draft, and supercoach wise, was taken by the Doggies with their last pick.

He's the best player of the draft and held his own at SANFL level already - will be an absolute gun from the outset.

Caleb Daniel.
Averaged something like 170 sc points in the U18 champs. Will be the shortest player in the AFL since Tony Liberatore.

Was tjinking close to the same but maybe only 1 prem defender and 2or3midpriced defenders.
1/5/1/5
And include a decent regular playing R3

Nope, at the prices ended up stronger than that, I'm having a fwd swing rookie at R3 with a mid price r/f at F6. $490 is my top priced defender, some bargains back there this year no need to risk ones like Simpson when there is so many around that 300 region who are proven. Have $270k so I can upgrade a few more or get Gaz in if need be.

Clem Smith (pick 60) Plays like Byron Pickett. Will probably be named as a SC Def but will play small forward for Carlton this year. With both Betts & Garlett gone, he should get early games if he has a half decent pre-season. Should be around the 120k price.
Mid :(

Agree. Full price rookies are always a let down.
Tyson??

Caleb Daniel.
Be interested to see how the Dogs proceed. Macca didn't put a lot of faith in Rookies. They tended to play a few games then get dropped again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from Freeman, not seeing many cheap mid rookies at this stage. Well I suppose there's some; Heeney, Vandenberg, Jansen, Dumont, Boekhorst but the basement price rookies aren't revealing themselves yet (nor will til the pre-season games I imagine).

Apart from Freeman, not seeing many cheap mid rookies at this stage. Well I suppose there's some; Heeney, Vandenberg, Jansen, Dumont, Boekhorst but the basement price rookies aren't revealing themselves yet (nor will til the pre-season games I imagine).
Really depends on rookie list elevations for the basement priced ones to become relevant, one to look out for is Lambert.

Hugh Goddard the real deal? Or just a "copy cat" selection?
Wouldnt touch. A KPD who will need to rely on marks, kicks, etc. Such as a Harry Taylor or Scott Thompson. Wouldnt touch.

In the backline i would look at blokes who have been picked up by other clubs for specific needs - Hamling at the WBD and Dick at CAR to name a few

From the Bulldogs the only two I'd be looking at are Daniel and Biggs at this stage.

Thoughts on Fuller? Decent kick of the footy, could be a handy player outta the backline.
Many were surprised he wasn't delisted, showed nothing. But he did cop his fair share of injuries.

When he did play VFL he looked like he was allergic to the footy, I'd look elsewhere.

Wouldnt touch. A KPD who will need to rely on marks, kicks, etc. Such as a Harry Taylor or Scott Thompson. Wouldnt touch.

In the backline i would look at blokes who have been picked up by other clubs for specific needs - Hamling at the WBD and Dick at CAR to name a few
Cheers.

Was wondering where all the hype come from... domino effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back