Position 2015 SuperCoach rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
New years day 1996, remember it like it was yesterday.

True story. I was at a corporate race day a few years back and Bevo was there as one of the guests. Sat round with him having a few beers talking cricket and that game especially. Top bloke. Very unassuming and happy just to play cricket and have a beer after. He lives near one of the blokes I was there with and he was trying to talk him into coming down and playing in his 5 a side soccer team. Gold.

Again with the 56 touches myth for Vandenberg!

I should tell Dave Polkinghorne I have a 10-inch old fella, hopefully everyone will accept that as undisputed fact too.

A few to watch from Melbourne.
Hogan - Most will have him.
Petracca and Brayshaw - will be ready to go round 1 but pricey rookies. Watch NAB cup.
Stretch - Looks to have taken big steps in pre season. Would have thought a downgrade option during year but depending on NAB cup could be in contention round 1.
Vandenberg - Ball magnet and should be a chance for rookie upgrade with Trengove on LTI.

As with most teams it is a wait and see apart from Hogan.

A few to watch from Melbourne.
Hogan - Most will have him.
Petracca and Brayshaw - will be ready to go round 1 but pricey rookies. Watch NAB cup.
Stretch - Looks to have taken big steps in pre season. Would have thought a downgrade option during year but depending on NAB cup could be in contention round 1.
Vandenberg - Ball magnet and should be a chance for rookie upgrade with Trengove on LTI.

As with most teams it is a wait and see apart from Hogan.

Hogan might struggle a little bit, more mature than most rookie KPF's, but he is still a rookie KPF, and hasn't played an AFL game yet, big difference between AFL and VFL. Your experienced KPF in Dawes struggled to make an impact, so can't see Hogan is going to find it tough. Nothing against him, looks to be a great prospect, but I would want to see something from his NAB cups game to be convinced.

Hogan might struggle a little bit, more mature than most rookie KPF's, but he is still a rookie KPF, and hasn't played an AFL game yet, big difference between AFL and VFL. Your experienced KPF in Dawes struggled to make an impact, so can't see Hogan is going to find it tough. Nothing against him, looks to be a great prospect, but I would want to see something from his NAB cups game to be convinced.
At his price he could easily be someone whose score goes up and can be upgraded. He won't necessarily be a keeper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At his price he could easily be someone whose score goes up and can be upgraded. He won't necessarily be a keeper.

What are you expecting him to average before the bye rounds?

Could average around 60 I would think. Will play higher up ground at times as well

Really? I didn't watch any of his VFL games, but was he pushing up the ground much then? Would be a much better option if he had the tank to play up the field.

Very good tank. Usually up the front in running. Will push up to the wings for marks as well as inside F50.

Interesting, will be worth watching how that goes in the NAB cup.

Hogan will be the F3 for the dees
and Hogan will be 10 times the footballer bloody Dawes is/was

Hogan will be the F3 for the dees
and Hogan will be 10 times the footballer bloody Dawes is/was

No doubt he will be better than Dawes, not really setting the bar high, but will he have more impact in his first year than Dawes had last year.

Maynard (Pies def) rookie watch. Will definitely get games this year. Tough booming lefty. You've been told.
Collingwood could be the team we are all thanking come Rd 1. Spots up for grabs in that side. Might see a few rookies get a gig. They've lost Maxwell, Prince Dickhead and Beams. White and Toovey reportedly struggling with injury, and many of the guys who were given opportunity haven't exactly set the world on fire anyhow. The kids (Maynard, Freeman, Broomhead, De Goey, Karnezis) will be competing with the new recruits (Crisp, Varcoe, Greenwood) for spots. Hopefully, one or two get a chance

Yep he is one I'll be looking at for defenders. Dick from Carlton also.

Dick is not a good footballer from what Swans saw in the NEAFL, dont be surprised if he gets dropped or gets bad scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back