Position 2015 SuperCoach rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you start with Cox as R3 you could always sideways a forward premo to a premo ruck & swing Cox to F8 and start your best performing forward benchie for a few weeks.
Read over Cox after reading krk004's analysis. Cox plays early in the round a lot.

Krujan

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
EAD Jiska
Read over Cox after reading krk004's analysis. Cox plays early in the round a lot.

Yes, I know that. Would only pick him as cover for a SHORT TERM injured ruck that you don't want to trade out. Cox' DP becomes useful if you'd rather sideways an under performing fwd premo to a ruck or r/fwd or if you allready have a R/F in your forwards.

So the choice is would you rather a C loophole R3 rookie that plays a lot of Sunday games (Archie Smith) & have no cover for an injured ruck, thus using 1 sideways trade to another premo ruck, which is fine if your injured starting ruck is 500k+ but what if your injured starting ruck is Leuey or Kreuz & you don't have 200k insurance money in the bank? There goes 2 trades.

Cox @ R3 at least gives you the option to cover an injured ruck with a single trade Underperforming Fwd premo > Premo ruck or 0 trades if you have Ryder/Lycett/TBC in your forwards already.

Yeh so my point is if you have a mid-pricer starting ruck & very money in the bank, you'd be wise to go with Cox as your R3

MightyMark

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 18, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors, NE Patriots
Yes, I know that. Would only pick him as cover for a SHORT TERM injured ruck that you don't want to trade out. Cox' DP becomes useful if you'd rather sideways an under performing fwd premo to a ruck or r/fwd or if you allready have a R/F in your forwards.

So the choice is would you rather a C loophole R3 rookie that plays a lot of Sunday games (Archie Smith) & have no cover for an injured ruck, thus using 1 sideways trade to another premo ruck, which is fine if your injured starting ruck is 500k+ but what if your injured starting ruck is Leuey or Kreuz & you don't have 200k insurance money in the bank? There goes 2 trades.

Cox @ R3 at least gives you the option to cover an injured ruck with a single trade Underperforming Fwd premo > Premo ruck or 0 trades if you have Ryder/Lycett/TBC in your forwards already.

Yeh so my point is if you have a mid-pricer starting ruck & very money in the bank, you'd be wise to go with Cox as your R3

I don't think Cox's DPP is overly useful simply because it means you have to have Ryder, Lycett or TBC to make use of it. None of which I am willing to have clog up my forward line considering the sheer abundance of options there. If Ryder plays an SC friendly role then I would take him, but until I see the role he plays I am hesitant.

TBC I just don't rate, and is probably worth what your paying for him, and Lycett I believe will increase his output, but not enough to warrant having him in place of Swan or Titch imo, even with the DPP.

Krujan

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
EAD Jiska
I don't think Cox's DPP is overly useful simply because it means you have to have Ryder, Lycett or TBC to make use of it. None of which I am willing to have clog up my forward line considering the sheer abundance of options there. If Ryder plays an SC friendly role then I would take him, but until I see the role he plays I am hesitant.

TBC I just don't rate, and is probably worth what your paying for him, and Lycett I believe will increase his output, but not enough to warrant having him in place of Swan or Titch imo, even with the DPP.

I think you missed my main point. Granted, I did rabbit on a bit.

Cox is useful if you start with Leuey & Kreuz and have * all money in the bank, because you can trade out a Fwd premo for a ruck premo if either cop a 2-4 week injury without having to waste 2 trades - downgrade somewhere to finance the trade.

Personally, I wouldn't start with an R/F in my forwards. Hence the DP at R3 is important in the above scenario.

felsty

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
New Orleans Saints

Cox is useful if you start with Leuey & Kreuz and have **** all money in the bank, because you can trade out a Fwd premo for a ruck premo if either cop a 2-4 week injury without having to waste 2 trades - downgrade somewhere to finance the trade.

Personally, I wouldn't start with an R/F in my forwards. Hence the DP at R3 is important in the above scenario.
But even if you do that it also takes away a scoring fwd benchie, one which would make money if it happens early in the season.

FWIW im going with Read along with Maric and NicNat and sideways trading Maric and NicNat if they fall hoping I dont have to swing Read at all.. usually rookies lose their place along the way anyway and you may have more than one non playing rookie to loophole. That actually makes me think I should start with smith!

Great 2008

Cancelled
Nov 27, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I just hope one of the clubs end up having to play a kid. Ruck3 is a nightmare and I hate picking players who don't make some money, especially early on. I do not want a mid priced ruck sitting on the bench. I would rather have a Jack Steven in the middle with the cash I save by having Cox at R3.:straining:

Krujan

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
EAD Jiska
But even if you do that it also takes away a scoring fwd benchie, one which would make money if it happens early in the season.

FWIW im going with Read along with Maric and NicNat and sideways trading Maric and NicNat if they fall hoping I dont have to swing Read at all.. usually rookies lose their place along the way anyway and you may have more than one non playing rookie to loophole. That actually makes me think I should start with smith!

How would you lose a scoring Fwd benchie if you're sideways trading out a forward premo for a ruck premo? The forward benchie would start on the field while your regular R1 or 2 is injured.

MightyMark

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 18, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams

Cox is useful if you start with Leuey & Kreuz and have **** all money in the bank, because you can trade out a Fwd premo for a ruck premo if either cop a 2-4 week injury without having to waste 2 trades - downgrade somewhere to finance the trade.

I got that, my point was, for you to make use of Cox's DPP you need a ruck DPP in your forward line. So either your taking the risk with Ryder, Lycett or TBC or you waste a rookie with another FWD/RUCk DPP. Either way your missing out.

How would you lose a scoring Fwd benchie if you're sideways trading out a forward premo for a ruck premo? The forward benchie would start on the field while your regular R1 or 2 is injured.

Only issue would be if you nailed all your fwd premos and wanted to keep.

for you to make use of Cox's DPP you need a ruck DPP in your forward line.

Hypothetically another way to use Cox DPP without another R/F premo;

Out - Hawkins :rolleyes:
Ruck>Fwd - Cox
In - NicNat

Krujan

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
EAD Jiska
I got that, my point was, for you to make use of Cox's DPP you need a ruck DPP in your forward line. So either your taking the risk with Ryder, Lycett or TBC or you waste a rookie with another FWD/RUCk DPP. Either way your missing out.

No, don't start with a R/F in the forwards. Sideways fwd premo to ruck premo & move Cox to F8 and start a forward rookie benchie on the ground is what I'm saying.

shiva25

The Frisk
Apr 19, 2002
Shyte Creek
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
LIONS / LIVERPOOL
Anyone know whether Nicholls would be a good ruck option at Gold Coast as he is cheaply priced and was scoring pretty well a season or 2 ago before he got injured. Just not sure if Zac Smith is ahead of him in the pecking order

cdcanman

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Anyone know whether Nicholls would be a good ruck option at Gold Coast as he is cheaply priced and was scoring pretty well a season or 2 ago before he got injured. Just not sure if Zac Smith is ahead of him in the pecking order
Not sure anybody does know at this stage, including GC. Both have missed so much footy, will depend on health and NAB form I would think. Might try and play both initially anyhow, not great for SC scoring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I just hope one of the clubs end up having to play a kid. Ruck3 is a nightmare and I hate picking players who don't make some money, especially early on. I do not want a mid priced ruck sitting on the bench. I would rather have a Jack Steven in the middle with the cash I save by having Cox at R3.:straining:
I am thinking the same thing. I'm hoping somone will play such as Lobb for GWS who might be a chance.

MightyMark

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 18, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
No, don't start with a R/F in the forwards. Sideways fwd premo to ruck premo & move Cox to F8 and start a forward rookie benchie on the ground is what I'm saying.

Touche, my mind was moving in a different direction.

At the end of the day, the only thing that shits me about Cox is the amount of early games he has.

I would prefer Nicholls over Smith, but like the other guys said, injury is a concern, and when you have proven players in Kruze and Berger at the same price why would you take the same risk with an unproven player.

shiva25

The Frisk
Apr 19, 2002
Shyte Creek
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
LIONS / LIVERPOOL
Touche, my mind was moving in a different direction.

At the end of the day, the only thing that shits me about Cox is the amount of early games he has.

I would prefer Nicholls over Smith, but like the other guys said, injury is a concern, and when you have proven players in Kruze and Berger at the same price why would you take the same risk with an unproven player.
Injury is just as much of a concern with Bergs and Kruzer as it is with Nicholls but I think a fit Nicholls will outscore the other 2 as he was averaging about 96 before he got injured a few seasons back in only his first year

huddler

Senior List
Feb 5, 2011
Melbourne via Ireland
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Celtic, Northcote Park
So, basically all rucks are heavily overpriced this year. Hmmm.

I'm leaning towards Kreuzer, Leuey, R3 Loophole, and hanging on for dear life. Fortune, allegedly, favours the brave. Although, on many occasions, so does annihilation.

cdcanman

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
So, basically all rucks are heavily overpriced this year. Hmmm.

I'm leaning towards Kreuzer, Leuey, R3 Loophole, and hanging on for dear life. Fortune, allegedly, favours the brave. Although, on many occasions, so does annihilation.
I've never understood that saying.
I'm pretty certain fortune always favours the fortunate, hence the word

MightyMark

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 18, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
I am going all out on rucks this year. Set and forget

Jacobs, godly and Read on the bench as a r/f
And I will have both Ryder and TBC in my forward line.

Cant see that working out considering there are question marks over TBC and Ryder.

Dont understand why you would need both TBC and Ryder, just a waste having 2 players for cover, especially when your playing with reliable studs like Goldy and Jacobs, cant see you needing to use much cover anyway.

Cant see that working out considering there are question marks over TBC and Ryder.

Dont understand why you would need both TBC and Ryder, just a waste having 2 players for cover, especially when your playing with reliable studs like Goldy and Jacobs, cant see you needing to use much cover anyway.

The change in scoring for hit outs to advantage will help Ryder and I think he will end up being one of the top 6 forwards for the whole year.

As for TBC I just think he is hugely underpriced for a no1 ruck and should I should be able to make 150-200k out of him, whilst also pumping out 90-100 scores.

MightyMark

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 18, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
The change in scoring for hit outs to advantage will help Ryder and I think he will end up being one of the top 6 forwards for the whole year.

As for TBC I just think he is hugely underpriced for a no1 ruck and should I should be able to make 150-200k out of him, whilst also pumping out 90-100 scores.

Ryder wont be playing that much in the ruck, he will be playing second fiddle to Lobbe as a ruck and Second to Schulz as a forward. His role will be huge for Port, but he will be moved around a fair bit and I just cant see him settling into a role. Ryder will be at his best SC potential if he plays up the ground a bit as a link man but pushes back deep to provide another target. If he does that he will do well, but I think he will be played as a second lead up forward to Schulz and a pinch hitter in the ruck, and without enough quality ruck time he will find it hard to maintain an above 100 average.

TBC is barely the number 1 ruck, plenty of value in Giles taking over that role very quickly if TBC doesn't step up. Essendon will run with both guys to begin with and see who steps up. TBC is not a number 1 ruck, he is a back up, and I cant see him holding his own against better rucks.

Krujan

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
EAD Jiska

How much $ is Nicholls?

Krujan

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
EAD Jiska

Same price range as Berger and Kruze

So for the same price as 2 premo priced rucks + a rookie you could have Kreuz, Leuey AND Nicholls? Interesting. Reminds me of 2013 when I had Kreuz, Leuey, Nicholls & Blicavs as my ruck division for most of the season. Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back