Position 2015 SuperCoach rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? Ruck depth is an issue. I could use Cox and put Belly forward but I want 7 over forwards. 5 Premos guraantueed to be in the top ten IMO. I think picking your premos is the most important thing. Taking the gamble with both Kruz and Luey gives me the cash to bench TBC.

Why not just burn the inevitable trade. TBC is only going to provide you cover for maybe one week. You obviously don't rate him high enough to be a starter, so why not just trade out Kruze or Berger if they go down. Lets be honest once they go down, most people will be moving them one considering their history.

I reckon the only way to go this year is 2 set and forget rucks, along with Cox as a minimum priced a ruck/forward on the bench.

Then have another ruck/forward in the forward line as potential cover.

Currently I'm going with Ryder, but Gawn is not an unreasonable option.

Anyone take anything out Durdin at the Roos already signing a contract extension? Ruck/Def for under 150k, will be putting him in as a place holder instead of Cox for the time being. Must already be liking what they've seen. Can't see an open spot for him in the 22 at the moment though.
In my side at present, but in defence. Need Read/Cox as R3 for the DPP swing, which Durdin can't give me.

Tom Read, Geelong project player. Decent prospect, but unlikely of getting many games early, but with Geelongs rucks issues who knows.
Don't care whether he plays or not. In fact, I'd prefer if he doesn't.

Don't care whether he plays or not. In fact, I'd prefer if he doesn't.

Fair point, but a slight upside in comparison to Cox and McLaren as far as scheduling goes for the loop hole.

Fair point, but a slight upside in comparison to Cox and McLaren as far as scheduling goes for the loop hole.
Substantial if you use krk004's points method, which I happen to like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because it's difficult to take off my own team glasses sometimes, can anyone give me a good reason not to go NicNat and Lycett as R1/R2
Injury prone ruckman + 22 year old ruckman? No thanks, not for me. Especially when Lycett is 400K.

I wrote a post along these lines last year: Do not let your own team bias dictate your supercoach team. Yes, Scott Selwood might score well. But do you really want him instead of Ollie Wines? Yes, Wingard might do well. But over Buddy?

Pick the best options available, and put team bias aside. As a general rule, I like to have no more than 2 Dogs players in my team, except for those that you just cannot pass up. This would include Caleb Daniel this year, Brett Goodes a couple of years back, Matty Boyd going back a few seasons.

Injury prone ruckman + 22 year old ruckman? No thanks, not for me. Especially when Lycett is 400K.

I wrote a post along these lines last year: Do not let your own team bias dictate your supercoach team. Yes, Scott Selwood might score well. But do you really want him instead of Ollie Wines? Yes, Wingard might do well. But over Buddy?

Pick the best options available, and put team bias aside. As a general rule, I like to have no more than 2 Dogs players in my team, except for those that you just cannot pass up. This would include Caleb Daniel this year, Brett Goodes a couple of years back, Matty Boyd going back a few seasons.

You reckon Caleb Daniel is a lock this year?

You reckon Caleb Daniel is a lock this year?
As a rookie in the forward line? Yep. I'd say he's a chance for the rising star honestly.

Big call to make before the NAB Cup.

I must admit though, I would love this kid to succeed.
Thing is, anybody that I've talked to, anything I've seen of this kid, there has literally only been one negative thing said about him: "He's kind of short isn't he?"

He's another one who is just a natural footballer and apart from his height has no drawbacks.

timtamWB you think Goodes will play in defence?
He's been training on the wing as well, and in the VFL he's always played through the middle. So probably HBF rotating through the wing.

He's been training on the wing as well, and in the VFL he's always played through the middle. So probably HBF rotating through the wing.
So you think he'll be playing seniors?

So you think he'll be playing seniors?
Honestly? I don't think so. We have too many talented youngsters that are more talented than him and we need to be thinking young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back