Position 2015 SuperCoach rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly? I don't think so. We have too many talented youngsters that are more talented than him and we need to be thinking young.
Dang! Thx for your input.

Freeman has won the 2015 rising star already
You mean like how Jack Martin won the rising star before pre season last year?

Very different scenario
Fair enough. But who would have predicted before the season that Bontempelli and Taylor would be 1 and 2 in the rising star last year?

Fair enough. But who would have predicted before the season that Bontempelli and Taylor would be 1 and 2 in the rising star last year?

Very true
rising star is club position /situation related

some "kids" have more opportunites

Anyone who isn't looney kreuzering is nutnuting

Agree, I'm also going to grab Ryder in fwd with a ruck/fwd bench.

I reckon with only 1 bench cover and the unpredictable nature of my first ruck men's bodies, I will definitely need to utilise these rotations throughout the year.

Should I go Bellchambers or Lycett (and extra cash for elsewhere) up forward as the RUC/FWD with Mason Cox on the bench?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having a bit of a headache with the rucks, along with everyone else.

Bellchambers- Giles coming in gives me doubts, wouldn't score highly enough playing with another ruck?
Kreuz- Talks of Warnock as R1 and playing up forward + injury history make me extremely hesitant.
Leuy- Not really worth it if he's going to share ruck duties with Martin I don't think. I always try and pick solo rucks.
Jacobs/Goldstein/Mumford/Sandi- Too much money to spend on players who will automatically drop 5-10 ppg because of new rules. Plus the top couple of rucks premo's seems to rotate all the time, not paying 600k chasing last years points.

So at this stage I think I'm going Minson and Natanui. Both players who are underpriced on how they can perform, and I reckon they can both be in the top 5 rucks. Setting and forgetting the ruck didn't go well with me, picking Minson last year, so now I'm looking slightly cheaper.

Do not exclude Max Gawn from your considerations.
I would nearly guarantee him to break out and have an awesome year. Just don't have the guts to put him in my SC.

Having a bit of a headache with the rucks, along with everyone else.

Bellchambers- Giles coming in gives me doubts, wouldn't score highly enough playing with another ruck?
Kreuz- Talks of Warnock as R1 and playing up forward + injury history make me extremely hesitant.
Leuy- Not really worth it if he's going to share ruck duties with Martin I don't think. I always try and pick solo rucks.
Jacobs/Goldstein/Mumford/Sandi- Too much money to spend on players who will automatically drop 5-10 ppg because of new rules. Plus the top couple of rucks premo's seems to rotate all the time, not paying 600k chasing last years points.

So at this stage I think I'm going Minson and Natanui. Both players who are underpriced on how they can perform, and I reckon they can both be in the top 5 rucks. Setting and forgetting the ruck didn't go well with me, picking Minson last year, so now I'm looking slightly cheaper.

I would nearly guarantee him to break out and have an awesome year. Just don't have the guts to put him in my SC.
Ryder was another ruck...

Injury prone ruckman + 22 year old ruckman? No thanks, not for me. Especially when Lycett is 400K.

I wrote a post along these lines last year: Do not let your own team bias dictate your supercoach team. Yes, Scott Selwood might score well. But do you really want him instead of Ollie Wines? Yes, Wingard might do well. But over Buddy?

Pick the best options available, and put team bias aside. As a general rule, I like to have no more than 2 Dogs players in my team, except for those that you just cannot pass up. This would include Caleb Daniel this year, Brett Goodes a couple of years back, Matty Boyd going back a few seasons.
The injuries are a concern for sure but it's more that there just isn't much choice there this year. You're probably right about the bias, but I think Lycett will surprise, he had a pretty decent 2014 and will have a bigger role this year certainly. The pricepoint definitely seems a bit high though and I will most likely drop him.

Should I go Bellchambers or Lycett (and extra cash for elsewhere) up forward as the RUC/FWD with Mason Cox on the bench?

Lycett of those 2, but even Lycett is going to struggle to score well consistently whilst NiCNat is running around. Lycett will still be second ruck which is going to make it hard for him to stamp his name on much.

Ryder was another ruck...

And TBC didn;t score high enough when he was playing. TBC is out.

Anyone who isn't looney kreuzering is nutnuting
I'm not sold on Leuenberger. Even if his body holds up, do we not recall Stef Martin's form last year? It's not a flash in the pan either. He produced a similar stretch of high scoring when given R1 responsibility at Melbourne. I think they'll be splitting ruck duty almost 50/50 to start the season. Not sure that bodes well for old Leuenytoon's scoring potential

Do not exclude Max Gawn from your considerations.
He's got to get a game first, before he can think about breaking out. Roos seemed to like what Jamar was providing last year, and I don't think they'll pick 2 genuine rucks. More likely they go in with Jamar supported by either Pederson or Fitzpatrick.

Lycett of those 2, but even Lycett is going to struggle to score well consistently whilst NiCNat is running around. Lycett will still be second ruck which is going to make it hard for him to stamp his name on much.
The last time Nic Nat had a full pre-season under his belt he averaged 114.2. Make no mistake about it, if he gets a full run at it this season, the teams without him will be behind the eight ball.

The last time Nic Nat had a full pre-season under his belt he averaged 114.2. Make no mistake about it, if he gets a full run at it this season, the teams without him will be behind the eight ball.
I'm rolling with Naitanui and Kreuzer at this stage.
Comfortable with NN, Kreuzer will depend on whether he will play as R1 at Carlton. If he does, he's a certainty also. If they also pick Wood/Warnock, I may look elsewhere.

He is in my team. People keep saying he is injury prone, but other than 2013 he played 20+ games every year after his debut season.

Last year was still not 100% and managed to break elite status as a ruck at 22. The kid is a gun. Been in my team since the first draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back