Position 2015 SuperCoach rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

For me it's purely about value. He's priced at close to, if not above, his (or any other ruckmans) max output.

Throw in a potential job share arrangement with loony, and I can't pick him over say goldy.

Fair call, but thats where i am banking on the big Berg to go down again......... I cant see him playing the whole season, he is sure to be managed or get himself injured again

Fair call, but thats where i am banking on the big Berg to go down again......... I cant sehie him playing the whole season, he is sure to be managed or get himself injured again
Clutching at straws there lol.

I had Maric/Minson for ages.

Got Goldy/Minson now.

But no cover anywhere for when Minson opens his stupid mouth and starts a brawl that sees him suspended for a game.

Got the same for the time being, but will prob end up going back to NicNat before the season starts

I had Maric/Minson for ages.

Got Goldy/Minson now.

But no cover anywhere for when Minson opens his stupid mouth and starts a brawl that sees him suspended for a game.

He'll cop a fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Over Zac Smith...really?

Well I was watching an Interview with Rocket on the GC website and he has basically put it out there that its between Smith and Nicholls and the experts 22 puts Nicholls over Smith, based on this information its likely to be Nicholls at this stage though this is preseason it could be Smith too.

Will Belly even be free to start?

If he's not then I'll think about whether i'm still happy to run Mumford/Goldstein or not. I probably won't pick up a different ruck/forward in the forward line though as i don't see sufficient value there. I'd probably switch Mumford to Minson as a more 'durable' pick.

I don't think Bellchambers is anywhere near as bad as people make him out to be, i'm only expecting solid scores (80-85) and a decent backup when my ruck premiums miss a week or two. I think with Ryder gone he is capable of that particularly if we play him as the sole ruck with Daniher backup.

Rucks 28-3-15.PNG
Gone with a set and forget look on this year. Goldstein is the best ruckman in the league and is well discounted at the price. Nic Nat is the best tap ruckman in the game and now he's fit he can actually show it. Naismith looks like Sydney's number 1 this year in tandom with Tippett (I don't know whats happened to Mike Pyke there) so I'll use him as a money maker (wouldn't expect him to score that high so 80-100k over 10-12 games). Thoughts?

Who is the best option for Ruck rookie? I keep seeing Cox & Read appearing in most teams - it's killing me. Goldy & NN in @ mo - pending R3

I think the thing many people who don't have Mumford aren't getting, is the fact that anyone with Mumford doesn't care about ruck cover. If he gets injured, you sideways trade him to another ruck premo (Jacobs, Goldstein, Maric, whoever you like). They're not going to sit him on the bench and cop donuts.

If anyone is picking Mumford based on the hope that he's going to play the whole season, they're kidding themselves. I've picked him with the full understanding that if he gets injured, I immediately sideways trade him to another premium ruck. Ruck cover is irrelevant

I'm not saying Mumford is a bad pick, but it's not exactly that simple.

Look at last year. He is a late out, then he's only meant to be out for a week, ends up missing 5 or 6 (?) games. Turns out they sent him in for surgery..

As I said, I don't think he's a bad pick, but it's not as simple as just trading him when he's injured.

For me it's purely about value. He's priced at close to, if not above, his (or any other ruckmans) max output.

Throw in a potential job share arrangement with loony, and I can't pick him over say goldy.
There's a few ruckmen at the upper price range who've never backed up such a high scoring season as the one they had last year.

e1a2ca875bb27a7d81319bb903190fb1.png

It's been very difficult to select the Rucks this season, obviously due to so many question marks on scoring history, durability, price & form on almost every ruckmen but I've reached a point where I feel quite settled.

Goldstein is an obvious choice, a great scoring history over the last four seasons, he's priced fairly well and has fantastic durability.

Maric is the next pick, has scored quite well over the last three seasons, is nicely priced but he does have durability concerns. However he looked good in the NAB and scored nicely, so I'm fairly confident.

Now I might change Read to a rookie ruck if one is named however he's the man at the moment. Is cheap and tends to plays later than Cox so a better loophole choice, the dual position status is also key helps keep some future options open.

Will be filthy if Mumford comes out averaging over 140 for the first six rounds though. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back