2015 Sydney International

Remove this Banner Ad

Janowicz is a funny character will be looking for him on the outside courts at the open. Poor not to shake the umpires hand though :thumbsdown:

Wow very surprised Tomic beat Kohl in straights. I rate Phillip very highly

Love Phillip too but the bloke is the male Lisiki..if it aint on the grass I aint backing him. Lovely game though!

Um his best record is on clay

That surprises me actually, always does well on the grass especially at Wimbledon, remember him well there although his game is pretty rounded- isn't a lug on other surfaces.

That surprises me actually, always does well on the grass especially at Wimbledon, remember him well there although his game is pretty rounded- isn't a lug on other surfaces.

Not really, made a QF once, and 5 first round exits with a losing record.

Not really, made a QF once, and 5 first round exits with a losing record.

That's probably why! The one year I saw him in London was the year he made the QF. Hasn't he done well at Halle/Queens though

lol Phillip is best on clay, so consistent and has the best record against players ranked lower than him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gillies Muller?- is Tomic's opponent tonight
Can't say I know anything about him yet he is ranked no.45 :S

What does everyone think of the late starts in Sydney this year? I can see the appeal but personally I prefer the 11am start with a standard night session.

What does everyone think of the late starts in Sydney this year? I can see the appeal but personally I prefer the 11am start with a standard night session.
Not a fan. I know the weather hasn't helped but been disappointed with Sydney seems very lack lustre

I think it is so channel 7 can show 2 matches from kooyong from 11, then show Sydney.

I don't think its fair on players who have a grand slam to play next week and we've had matches finishing at 3am this week.

I think it is so channel 7 can show 2 matches from kooyong from 11, then show Sydney.

I don't think its fair on players who have a grand slam to play next week and we've had matches finishing at 3am this week.

Actually you are probably right, I hadn't thought of that but really Sydney should take precedent over Kooyong which is an exhibition event.

Gilles Muller has been around for a while now, and seems to be returning to something near career best form after a few quiet years. He is probably most well known for that QF run he had at the USO in the late 2000s. Always liked how he went about it, could only really be disliked in servebot terms.

I think its atrocious how tennis matches are allowed to start say after 11pm. Almost no other sport in the world does that, and this is an individual sport requiring high concentration, with no definite finishing time.

There are some scheduling circumstances that mean this occasionally happens, but when its primarily down to TV scheduling it is a little hard to swallow. To be fair, Sydney has had a lot of rainy weather with no roof, and a lot of the matches have tended to go to long 3rd sets. Escaping the hottest parts of the day as well might also be a policy consideration.

I like it allows me to do work then watch the tennis late after

Remove this Banner Ad

Back