Player Sponsorship 2015 TAYLOR ADAMS - Copeland tickets sent

Remove this Banner Ad

Magpie Girl. Was able to pick up the jumper and a supporter pack from the breakfast today so we will need to arrange where to send them.
Will be in touch

A few notes from breakfast this morning. I was closer to Swanny and my good ear was to him so heard more of what he had to say. Pretty classic Swanny we got, he was a bit fidgety, especially early on. Looking around the room, checking his phone, looking like this wasn't the favorite part of his day. He warmed up though and was good value. He answers pretty directly and says what he wants. No PC with Swanny. I asked if he and the players would tuck into the eggs and bacon and he said no because he didnt like eggs and bacon. Said though he is 31 yo and if anyone tried to tell him what to eat they would get the word pretty quickly. Said some of the young boys see the dietician for food plans but not him.

He does the world weary footballer pretty well. Said its a grind and he hates it when they are not winning. Hated 2014 but liking this year. Loves ANZAC day and big matches but small games can be a grind. Reckons Heater was pretty angry on the field yesterday but it was all directed at his own teammates.

As to the future he is contracted and will definitely play on next year. Only way that wouldn't happen he reckons would be if they wanted to pay his contract out. After that if he went on it would only be for 1 year and depends on whether he is still wanted and if he still good enough. Definitely no interest in outstaying his welcome if his time is up. After footy waqnts to travel but also wants a year of local footy with the guys he grew up with.

Asked him about sitting in a forward pocket kicking goals as a role. Was pretty much against that option. Said its okay if the ball comes down a lot but that he is a midfielder and he goes a bit spare sitting down forward watching the action. Wants always to be involved. He was great to hear talk to, thinks he likes the laconic I don't really care attitude but was pretty open and chatty when you consider how many times he has done this. Plenty of the old ladies in the crowd were coming up to him and he gave them all time. His camera smile is a little jaded though.

Taylor Adams was chatting away and seemed pleased to answer whatever. He was a bit further away and on my bad ear so I couldnt hear a lot of what he said. Still mates with a lot of GWS boys. Said really wanted to beat them but is mixed because he wants to see them do well also. Said he has spent a bit of time with Heater when he goes to Syd and they get on really well. Asked him about where they all live. He said mainly inner West in areas like Randwick. For most of them driving to training can take 60-90 mins. That was about all I could hear but Bard was closer so may have some other info.

Thanks Magpie Girl for the wonderful organisation

Said really wanted to beat them but is mixed because he wants to see them do well also. Said he has spent a bit of time with Heater when he goes to Syd and they get on really well.

Interesting he get’s along with a Player he was Traded For - Did Adams say how they came Friends?

Interesting he get’s along with a Player he was Traded For - Did Adams say how they came Friends?
I missed the name but he said he stays with one of the players if he goes up there and Heater was there to so they have spent a few weekends together and got on well.

I missed the name but he said he stays with one of the players if he goes up there and Heater was there to so they have spent a few weekends together and got on well.

Was Jon Patton and someone else. Said they were good mates of his and he still visits regularly and stays with them hence knowing Heater really well.

Mentioned a bit about how he only really left because GWS needed cap space to sign Buddy and he put his hand up to go home, but was happy to stay.

Said playing in front of the small crowds was a massive let down after being drafted as its not what you expect/want and scoffed at GWS getting 10k plus, smiling when someone put it 'yeah the afl fudge the numbers a bit, huh?'.

The thing that struck me the most was that he said the club started doing rehab straight after the game, not the next morning. This means players can sleep in and it's 100000x better. I'm surprised it took so long to make this change.

Also says he much rathers day/afternoon games as playing under the lights can be hard to adjust to and isn't as fun. Thinks grand final should remain as an afternoon game.

Great insights, thanks guys.

The thing that struck me the most was that he said the club started doing rehab straight after the game, not the next morning. This means players can sleep in and it's 100000x better. I'm surprised it took so long to make this change.

Another advantage to having the Westpac Centre so close to the 'G.

Pretty surprising to hear that Swanny thinks games are a grind. Not sure if that's a good thing.

Also surprising to hear they have to travel 60-90 minutes. Must be terrible traffic.

Pretty surprising to hear that Swanny thinks games are a grind. Not sure if that's a good thing.

Also surprising to hear they have to travel 60-90 minutes. Must be terrible traffic.

Was more that he thinks rehab is a grind and hates losing (who doesn't?). Still loves playing footy and hanging around the club with the boys.

Was Jon Patton and someone else. Said they were good mates of his and he still visits regularly and stays with them hence knowing Heater really well.

Mentioned a bit about how he only really left because GWS needed cap space to sign Buddy and he put his hand up to go home, but was happy to stay.

Said playing in front of the small crowds was a massive let down after being drafted as its not what you expect/want and scoffed at GWS getting 10k plus, smiling when someone put it 'yeah the afl fudge the numbers a bit, huh?'.

Also says he much rathers day/afternoon games as playing under the lights can be hard to adjust to and isn't as fun. Thinks grand final should remain as an afternoon game.

That is Intreating there. So why did he not stay once Buddy choose Sydney?

Though Glad he came to us

That is Intreating there. So why did he not stay once Buddy choose Sydney?

Though Glad he came to us

I guess once you make your mind up it's hard to go back? He'd have spent a few months expecting to return to Victoria anyway by that point.

I guess once you make your mind up it's hard to go back? He'd have spent a few months expecting to return to Victoria anyway by that point.

Guess he already Accepted Collingwood Offer as well

He does the world weary footballer pretty well. Said its a grind and he hates it when they are not winning. Hated 2014 but liking this year. Loves ANZAC day and big matches but small games can be a grind. Reckons Heater was pretty angry on the field yesterday but it was all directed at his own teammates.

He was great to hear talk to, thinks he likes the laconic I don't really care attitude but was pretty open and chatty when you consider how many times he has done this. Plenty of the old ladies in the crowd were coming up to him and he gave them all time. His camera smile is a little jaded though.

Dane Swan, the Bob Mitchum of the AFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

iGNITER and Premier Pies there was a bit of a mix up at the breakfast yesterday with your prizes.
Instead of them being sent to you directly they were given to Gone Critical, so are now coming via me, when I get them from him.
Hence there will be a short delay:)

Announcement!

After I've paid for the 2 tickets for the Copeland Dinner there will be about $460 left - not quite enough to buy 2 more tickets unless someone wants to contribute $40.

I can buy one extra, ($250) and leave the balance until another opportunity comes along, or perhaps buy a jumper.
Or I can buy 2 tickets and the extra cost of $40 is shared between those 2 winners.

Obviously those who have not won anything will go in the draw for the extra one or 2 tickets

So what do you want to do?
I need to let the Club know by the end of the month.

iGNITER and Premier Pies there was a bit of a mix up at the breakfast yesterday with your prizes.
Instead of them being sent to you directly they were given to Gone Critical, so are now coming via me, when I get them from him.
Hence there will be a short delay:)

Thanks MG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back