Player Sponsorship 2015 TAYLOR ADAMS - Copeland tickets sent

Remove this Banner Ad

Said he has spent a bit of time with Heater when he goes to Syd and they get on really well. Asked him about where they all live. He said mainly inner West in areas like Randwick. For most of them driving to training can take 60-90 mins. That was about all I could hear but Bard was closer so may have some other info

A bit of cultural context there ...

... Don't doubt that's what you heard, but it's kind of like saying "players live mainly in the inner west in areas like Richmond" :p

Also, I don't doubt that when you're young and on a footy player's wage that living in the inner west or eastern suburbs (which is where Randwick is) is where you want to be - but it's a long way from training and an awful drive in Sydney's traffic.

That's the decision that Buddy would have faced ...

... Live in Bondi, play for GWS, and have a 90 minute commute to training each way ...

... Or live in Bondi, play for Swans, and have a 15 minute commute to training each way?

No brainer! :p

Oh, and my tip, if the bulk of GWS players really do live around Randwick, then I think GWS will always under-achieve as a club.

A bit of cultural context there ...

... Don't doubt that's what you heard, but it's kind of like saying "players live mainly in the inner west in areas like Richmond" :p

Also, I don't doubt that when you're young and on a footy player's wage that living in the inner west or eastern suburbs (which is where Randwick is) is where you want to be - but it's a long way from training and an awful drive in Sydney's traffic.

That's the decision that Buddy would have faced ...

... Live in Bondi, play for GWS, and have a 90 minute commute to training each way ...

... Or live in Bondi, play for Swans, and have a 15 minute commute to training each way?

No brainer! :p

Oh, and my tip, if the bulk of GWS players really do live around Randwick, then I think GWS will always under-achieve as a club.

He did say players spend 60+ minutes driving to work every day.

Winners have been drawn for the extra two tickets to the Copeland Dinner on Friday 9th October

The tickets go to Laurie Holden and FreddoFrog65

Congratulations guys!!

And, as a special bonus, NT.Thunder donated the $40, so a huge thankyou to him:hearts::rainbow::thumbsu:

Can you PM your details for receipt of the tickets when they're available.

orion21 and Cory I don't think you've given me your details for your Copeland tickets (see p13)
I will send as soon as Melbourne vs Geelong game finishes...Its so good watching footy in silence from my lovley misses as geelong loosing :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Seriously!? wow that is awesome! I've been wanting to go for so long and this may finally give me a rocket! Fantastic. Super excited! Special thanks to NT.Thunder it is greatly appreciated. Better dust off the suit
Enjoy the night all, I'm sure it will be fantastic.

Do you all get to sit at the same table? Could just imagine kicking back with Swanny, downing a few beers, maybe putting a few bets on the trotters during speaches, hanging s**t on MM.

Will be a great night and congrats all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously!? wow that is awesome! I've been wanting to go for so long and this may finally give me a rocket! Fantastic. Super excited! Special thanks to NT.Thunder it is greatly appreciated. Better dust off the suit
Hope it doesn't fall apart at the dry cleaners.

iGNITER and Premier Pies there was a bit of a mix up at the breakfast yesterday with your prizes.
Instead of them being sent to you directly they were given to Gone Critical, so are now coming via me, when I get them from him.
Hence there will be a short delay:)

Hey MG, got this in the post this morning.
Cheers for sending through

Emergency situation!!!!!

Axe is unable to attend the President's Lunch this Saturday at the MCG, so I will re-draw this ticket tonight.

Because time is short both tickets will be posted to Kirby and you can organise to meet at the ground.
Stay tuned!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back