Player Sponsorship 2015 TAYLOR ADAMS - Copeland tickets sent

Remove this Banner Ad

It's all to do with the colour MG.
Grey nurse = $100
Pineapple = $50
Crayfish/lobster = $20
got it!
2 pineapples for the price of one grey nurse, and crayfish are cheap at $20 each

easy peasey :p

I am hoping we can stick with either Taylor or Nathan for their entire career - we seem rather loose with our allegiance atm...

How about we stick to one guy for say three years - unless they leave the club?

We now have $2700 pledged so we'll be able to sponsor Adams, and hopefully there will be enough raised to sponsor Freeman as well.

I need to send in the application to get things under way, and make a deposit, so that Season's Launch tickets can be sent out.

The Club is very generous in allowing us to get things underway without paying the full amount, but I'd appreciate you paying asap.

Thanks

There's still time to put your name down

Last edited:

Only just noticed this thread! I have placed my vote and will transfer money later in the week. I can't attend the Season Launch as I'm pretty sure I am overseas at that time. Happy to be in the draw for everything else.

Only just noticed this thread! I have placed my vote and will transfer money later in the week. I can't attend the Season Launch as I'm pretty sure I am overseas at that time. Happy to be in the draw for everything else.
the season launch is March 11th

I'd be happy to throw a pineapple in. Am I too late?
no, not too late

That equats 2 and a half crayfish or half a grey nurse right? :)

Yeah if that is ok. BTW.... I always call a grey nurse ($100) a green back.
Your name is on the list now and all the bank details are in the OP

Has there been a updated name for the grey nurse considering they changed the colour from grey to green 18 years ago?
Apparently not (according to some:D)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What then is a monkey and a brick?
Maggie I've just got the hang of the others

Please don't go introducing any more :rolleyes:

Hey MG - I forgot to mention I put an Avocado, (see if it takes off) in the account last week
Avocados are expensive this week. (You could have got 5 crayfish):D

So the money goes to the player? But why? Don't they earn enough already? Just a question.
The money goes to the Club but in return the sponsor gets tickets to special events and access to their sponsored player, memberships and other benefits.

All of the associated benefits for our sponsorship are randomly drawn and distributed to the winners

The information was originally in the OP but if you didn't see it you can find it on the CFC website

Not sure how many times it has to be said in all these sponsorship threads that the money does NOT go to the players. They do NOT receive a single cent of it. The full amount goes to the club and for those that can't get their head around it, it's just like a more expensive membership, where instead of just getting a ticket to games and a video email from Buckley after each game, you get things like a guernsey, tickets to the season launch and tickets to a president's lunch. Just to clear it up the money is not given as payment to the players. It goes into general sponsorship / membership funds for the club to make a two million dollar plus profit each year.

But sponsors can give themselves a warm and fuzzy feeling by imagining that the crumpled pile of $5 notes they staple to the sponsorship form appear a short time later in that player's pay packet as part of the standard wage under the salary cap.

Has there been a updated name for the grey nurse considering they changed the colour from grey to green 18 years ago?
Ive heard crocodile bandied about in similar threads before

Remove this Banner Ad

Back