2015: The Year Islamic State Goes Truly International

Remove this Banner Ad

And ultimately I'm a product of my environment, I'm a Howard era human, I glorify war and violence because that's how I was raised and its probably the key part of my native culture.
not sure if this was tounge-in-cheek. cos i dont think this is accurate. re: australia. canberra's decision was twofold, JWH felt he had a dog in the fight, and the all-the-way-with-lbj FoPo

they will get droned before they can pop up on youtube.

just as those cats who are speaking are born actors, this suits the Western gov'ts too. Its a perfect symbiosis. good evil immemorial. great face time to rag on the ragheads by david cameron. we really need to get bojo talking latin and troy buswell sniffing crabbs seat

It's kind of disturbing how easily something like 'getting droned' enters the vernacular. More disturbing is how this black humour makes us laugh. A short-lived one amongst my mates in the late nineties was 'getting Groznied' where you'd get so drunk and f*cked up on whatever else was around you'd fall over, pass out and piss yourself while unconscious.

Mad times. Mad world.

It's kind of disturbing how easily something like 'getting droned' enters the vernacular. More disturbing is how this black humour makes us laugh. A short-lived one amongst my mates in the late nineties was 'getting Groznied' where you'd get so drunk and f*cked up on whatever else was around you'd fall over, pass out and piss yourself while unconscious.

Mad times. Mad world.
your squeeze was anna politkovskaya? #respect

Poor Anna:( I back the Novorossiyans against Remnant Ukraine and I think the Russians are getting the bad end of a very shitty stick from the U.S and pals over the situation, but bloody hell. The Ruskies DO play a dirty game when they want to...

Anyone gathered the strength to watch the latest IS bloodbath video yet?

Last edited:
Been watching death pr0n for years, latest one is laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

They're losing their chutzpah for sure.

Reports today that IS fighters attacked a KSA police officer and seriously wounded him in Saudi.

Various Libyan, Yemeni and other groups have sworn bay'ah to Khalifa Al-Baghdadi.

2015 will be the yeah that the Islamic State goes truly international (just operating in Syria and Iraq isn't "international" as they only crossed made up Sykes-Picot lines but actually stayed within traditional Sunni areas there until the recent expansions)

Key questions -

1) Can they get more traction in Saudi than Al-Qaeda did? AQ had some success but were then ruthlessly and effectively squashed by the Saudis.

2) Can they take Libya? Possible but unlikely. Very likely is the descent of Libya into 1990s Afghanistan style utterly ungoverned warlordist failed state with accompanying mass refugee flows.

3) Will Assad follow the logical end of his gameplan and offer amnesty to anyone fighting him who is not IS in "national unity" move (with the promise of elections that are held when IS are defeated, which they won't be, his plan all along), especially post the Jabhat-IS kiss and make up merger? This then cements Assad permanently.

4) If the Kurds can hold off IS, as they currently are, and hold Kirkuk, and become the "reliable" US ally in the region, then Kurdistan is de facto established, if not de jure, across two of the three countries they need.

5) What does Turkey do? IS say they will march on Rome. The road to Rome lies through Constantinople. Turkey is caught between the US wanting to use the Kurds as their cat's paw and their own hatred of the Kurds. Tough gig, especially for Erdogan.

How Saudi and Turkey react to IS developments will define 2015 and the region for many years to come.
As we've already seen, any IS expansion will be into areas close to what they already control. Hard to see it happening any other way. They'll have a hard enough time holding onto their territory as is, IS will collapse if it attempts to "go international" anytime soon.

Besides, the situation in Iraq and Syria that allowed IS to become a major player is completely different to what's happening elsewhere.

As we've already seen, any IS expansion will be into areas close to what they already control. Hard to see it happening any other way. They'll have a hard enough time holding onto their territory as is, IS will collapse if it attempts to "go international" anytime soon.

Besides, the situation in Iraq and Syria that allowed IS to become a major player is completely different to what's happening elsewhere.
you talk expansion. p'raps the wrong qualifier. how about the latent simpatico populace, which would not be protesting their governance. It is only the present institutions in their country and economy that are the bulwark. my knowledge of the individual tribes (not the sunni/shia) and the smaller states, is not sufficient to go beyond this. And how the IS political theory, and religious theory/governance, can overcome the differences. I dont know. But like Maddadam said, the borders are arbitrary and irrelevant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back