Game Day 2015 theme music trial

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still wouldnt mind seeing the waving towels.

Looks good on TV and is a cheap thing to do for the club.
Just dont make the towels some stupid thing with a big 19 in the middle of it.

The 19th man concept is killing us. It really is embarassing.

agree this could be a great concept

Millsy is club ambassador and would no doubt be keen to put together a video for the big screen (crowd rev up encouraging waving the towel). Encourage waving when the team runs out, opposition having a shot at goal (for those behind the goals at least), when we score a goal, etc. Whatever key times are most likely to take off (but not too many times as to make people not participate in each time)

Include the towel as part of the membership packs and sell them at the ground (single game ticket holders will be keen to get in on the act if it takes off).

No issue if it has a 19 on it personally. Not like it will be seen.

Would produce a mixture of blue red and yellow towels (maybe like the old hats designate each bay a colour when giving them to members)

Simple concept that could take off.

The 12th man in Seattle works a treat. Why us it embarrassing?

You need a song that if we got to s**t, if still evokes an emotional response from its fans.

The 12th man in Seattle works a treat. Why us it embarrassing?

You need a song that if we got to s**t, if still evokes an emotional response from its fans.

12th man for Seattle what?
If you're talking about MLS, I really dont think an idea from AMERICAN SOCCER is worth bothering with.

The instrumental versions of Black Skinhead and Lose Yourself that get played over the PA before bounce down are pretty effective IMO.

I'm not sure there's a need for anything lyrical, like NTUA. Perhaps something like the Imperial March or Ride of the Valkyries could work too. Reckon there's something that could be done with the squawking Crows that isn't too cheesy as well.

12th man for Seattle what?
If you're talking about MLS, I really dont think an idea from AMERICAN SOCCER is worth bothering with.

Seattle Seahawks - NFL - if you have ever seen one of their home games the noise is unbelievable. One of my bucket list items to see a a Seattle home game against my NE Patriots (next one is due in 2020).

You tube some of the war chants done in the states for pre-game!
Some are impressive

Seattle Seahawks - NFL - if you have ever seen one of their home games the noise is unbelievable. One of my bucket list items to see a a Seattle home game against my NE Patriots (next one is due in 2020).

I know the one now! THats what i meant by the towels, but do you really need the 19th man to make that work?
Do they have all kind of crap #12 advertising, on pretty much every item of club memorabilia?

I dont mind the concept, but the retiring of number 19 and the plastering of it on all the club gear just makes it cringeworthy.
Even that car, the toyota 86 in crows colours should not look that ugly. The big 19 makes it look like a matchbox car.

I know the one now! THats what i meant by the towels, but do you really need the 19th man to make that work?
Do they have all kind of crap #12 advertising, on pretty much every item of club memorabilia?

I dont mind the concept, but the retiring of number 19 and the plastering of it on all the club gear just makes it cringeworthy.
Even that car, the toyota 86 in crows colours should not look that ugly. The big 19 makes it look like a matchbox car.

Basically, I think people just have to get over the "cringe worthy" marketing ideas. It is very obvious the AFL is moving more and more towards the US marketing approaches. The flat caps, the snap backs, the logos, the music intros, the fireworks. It's ALL based on the marketing done by US sporting teams. So, either come up with other viable alternatives and "sell" it to the marketing team, or just suck it up. Because I fear it's here to stay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are even talking about picking a song? It would just be a blatant rip-off of what Port do, and the only thing worse than a rip-off is a rip-off that's 12 months late.

Come up with something original or forget it.

P.S - There's actually nothing wrong with running onto the ground to your club song.

I wouldn't trust the same people to come up with another concept better than the 19th Man thing anyway. I don't think its the 19th Man overall that people don't like, its some of the elements that make up the concept. What we need is better people who can either make it work or have them come up with a better idea.

I quite like the general idea and thought it really took off in the media after the Collingwood game, but some of stuff they have come up with as part of it just isn't good enough.

The 19th Man would have more currency if our crowd didn't usually have as much atmosphere as a mausoleum. Even I get sucked into this...watching on TV I go nuts but at the game the crowd kills everything.

Basically, I think people just have to get over the "cringe worthy" marketing ideas. It is very obvious the AFL is moving more and more towards the US marketing approaches. The flat caps, the snap backs, the logos, the music intros, the fireworks. It's ALL based on the marketing done by US sporting teams. So, either come up with other viable alternatives and "sell" it to the marketing team, or just suck it up. Because I fear it's here to stay.

All of those things are fine.
The 19th man thing is not taken from US sport, its come from thin air and it plain sucks.

Unfortunately people seem to have a problem with the flat brimmed hats, but not the embarassment that is the 19th man.
Its genuinely THE laughing stock of the rest of the league.

All of those things are fine.
The 19th man thing is not taken from US sport, its come from thin air and it plain sucks.

Unfortunately people seem to have a problem with the flat brimmed hats, but not the embarassment that is the 19th man.
Its genuinely THE laughing stock of the rest of the league.

Crows call '19th man'

Adelaide will call on the united strength of its supporters with its new “19th man” campaign, to be launched tonight at the Club Champion presentation.

The club’s No 19 guernsey will be retired and handed over to the members by captain Simon Goodwin to symbolise the importance of the fans to Adelaide’s team success in season 2009 and beyond.

Crows commercial operations general manager Phil Harper said the collective strength of the AFL’s largest membership could provide significant advantage to the team, especially at home games.

“In recent years our coach and the players have often spoken about the lift they can get from the crowd, and some have said it can be like having an extra player on the field,” he said.

“With the ‘19th man’ we are going to take this to a new level. The club sees its members and supporters as a powerful force that provides a distinct advantage at home games. The club wants to continue to embrace this advantage as well as enhancing it and giving the members and supporters a challenge to measure the success of their support and benefit they provide as the 19th Man. We want our members and supporters to be our extra man.”

The “19th Man” (a registered trademark owned by the AFC) is based on similar concepts used by sporting clubs in the United States – perhaps most famously the “12th man” used by the NFL’s Seattle Seahawks - and in the United Kingdom.

Senior coach Neil Craig praised the concept: “It’s a great idea. Our members and supporters have been fantastic for us but this is an opportunity to formalise the relationship. They are a powerful weapon and it will be exciting to see the ‘19th man’ in action from the start of the 2009 season.”

Some of the initiatives revolving around the “19th man” concept to be introduced include:

* the No 19 jumper will be retired.
* on the No 19 locker there will be recognition of the club’s members and supporters.
* a “19th man” flag will be raised before each home game by a current member and either a Club Ambassador or a former player.
* the new facility will feature Bar 19 as the main members’ bar.
* The Members’ Most Valuable Player award, presented at the Club Champion night, will be renamed as the ‘19th Man’ award.
* The number 19 will be subtly used in all membership giveaways and paraphernalia (eg caps, bags, pens, scarves etc).
A survey will be sent to members over the summer asking for suggestions on how the “19th Man” can be used to provide the club with an advantage.

Crows call '19th man'

Adelaide will call on the united strength of its supporters with its new “19th man” campaign, to be launched tonight at the Club Champion presentation.

The club’s No 19 guernsey will be retired and handed over to the members by captain Simon Goodwin to symbolise the importance of the fans to Adelaide’s team success in season 2009 and beyond.

Crows commercial operations general manager Phil Harper said the collective strength of the AFL’s largest membership could provide significant advantage to the team, especially at home games.

“In recent years our coach and the players have often spoken about the lift they can get from the crowd, and some have said it can be like having an extra player on the field,” he said.

“With the ‘19th man’ we are going to take this to a new level. The club sees its members and supporters as a powerful force that provides a distinct advantage at home games. The club wants to continue to embrace this advantage as well as enhancing it and giving the members and supporters a challenge to measure the success of their support and benefit they provide as the 19th Man. We want our members and supporters to be our extra man.”

The “19th Man” (a registered trademark owned by the AFC) is based on similar concepts used by sporting clubs in the United States – perhaps most famously the “12th man” used by the NFL’s Seattle Seahawks - and in the United Kingdom.

Senior coach Neil Craig praised the concept: “It’s a great idea. Our members and supporters have been fantastic for us but this is an opportunity to formalise the relationship. They are a powerful weapon and it will be exciting to see the ‘19th man’ in action from the start of the 2009 season.”

Some of the initiatives revolving around the “19th man” concept to be introduced include:

* on the No 19 locker there will be recognition of the club’s members and supporters.
* a “19th man” flag will be raised before each home game by a current member and either a Club Ambassador or a former player.
* The Members’ Most Valuable Player award, presented at the Club Champion night, will be renamed as the ‘19th Man’ award.
* The number 19 will be subtly used in all membership giveaways and paraphernalia (eg caps, bags, pens, scarves etc).
A survey will be sent to members over the summer asking for suggestions on how the “19th Man” can be used to provide the club with an advantage.

OK it does come from the US then?
So a team in a different sport, with a different atmosphere, in a different part of the world, with a different number of players on the field use a concept that may or may not work for them.

It 100% does not work for us. Cut the losses and move on.

Not one person 'gets around' the 19th man. You can have the concept without labelling team gear. I 100% will not buy ANY club gear with the number 19 in a yellow square on it. It makes it look tacky and crap.
If I was a member and I got my team cap and it had that stupid 19 on the side I'd be spewing.

Something I have noticed is when Port were losing we heard very little from them with their marketing slogans, no "we lost, its not good enough but we are Port Adelaide" or whatever. They went very quiet.

Meanwhile whenever we lose or are down its "we lost but the 19th Man..." or "we've lost 2 in a row but we really need the 19th Man to turn up". It should of been associated with winning only, really emphasis it when we win. We seem to just keep doing things at the same level win or lose.

Crows call '19th man'

Subtly used???

How about this, it's appropriate for your bandwagon supporter base

That's ok, we will stick with NTUA, it seems to be working out fine for us.

Member since Feb 2014....sounds like most of your supporters.

Because Big Footy join dates always indicate when you start supporting a team. :drunk:

BTW how's your September going, mines tracking pretty well so far. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back