Unofficial Preview 2015 Three-peat??

Remove this Banner Ad

This will be a huge ask. I fully expect the players to be really hungry still. With White x and Jed returning I think the motivation levels will still be sky high. I think Lake has to be kept on....sport has a funny way of throwing up outrageous stories. 3 pre lim losses with the doggies and then 3 straight flags.....written in the stars.

Whats the bet Hawthorn have - Geelong, Sydney, Collingwood, Fremantle and Port twice in 2015. Include WCE in Perth and GWS in Sydney and the Suns at Metricon & Adelaide in Adelaide.

Collingwood hold no fears for us, and it doesn't look like Geelong do any more. Sydney, Fremantle and Port in Melbourne aren't problems, but are difficult away. GWS and Suns aren't difficult, and WCE and Adelaide are dependent upon which versions of those sides come to play.

Still, you don't become the premiers by being anything other than the best team, and our performances the last two years with very tough (cough *rigged* cough) draws have shown who the best team is ;).

Would love for them to remove the sub rule and extend the bench to 6 or 7 for 2015. Our list is incredibly deep at the moment and we're going to have a lot of talent in the VFL again next year.

Get more game time into Woodward, Hartung and Sicily to debut. Ceglar to continue to develop and then lets not forget we have both Anderson/Whitecross to come back from long term injuries.

Also I think Rioli is going to have a huge year next year. He's played 1 game in what 12 weeks and now it's the off season. Plenty more time to rest up and have a cracking start to next season.

As long as he channels his hunger in the footy direction, and not the food. There are some Rioli's who are obviously food lovers, and we don't need any extra stress on Cyril's hammies.

Whats the bet Hawthorn have - Geelong, Sydney, Collingwood, Fremantle and Port twice in 2015. Include WCE in Perth and GWS in Sydney and the Suns at Metricon & Adelaide in Adelaide.

Makes it difficult for their part b) of our fixturing - commercially screwing us - because they try to have poor drawing interstate clubs for us to play at home. Your prediction means no GWS or Suns in Melb or Tassie.

Sewell should look for a trade. He's not since year at AFL level just unfortunately couldn't crack it into the best team in the comp. Someone like GWS could use him as a big bodied mid (so could GC actually). We wouldn't begrudge him going. Love him. But will be a depth player next year and he deserves more.

We could look to trade for O'Rourke.

I say stick with Schoe. He will come good again.

Depth rucks likely looking for more game time, rightly so, so maybe look to trade for picks.

Going forward the biggest obstacle to winning premierships is roughead. Kpf typically fall off a form cliff upon reaching 28. This was roughy's best season and he is absolutely central to our forward line effectiveness. The time to strike is now before he drops away. The hope is O'Brien comes good by the time this happens of course but there are no guarantees with young players.

Always had a bit of a question over Rough in big games, seemed to go within himself.
Been good for him since Bud left, Rough has grown in confidence - A true big game player

Sewell should look for a trade. He's not since year at AFL level just unfortunately couldn't crack it into the best team in the comp. Someone like GWS could use him as a big bodied mid (so could GC actually). We wouldn't begrudge him going. Love him. But will be a depth player next year and he deserves more.

We could look to trade for O'Rourke.

I say stick with Schoe. He will come good again.

Depth rucks likely looking for more game time, rightly so, so maybe look to trade for picks.
I don't disagree with what you're saying, but the thought of Sewelly in anything but a Hawks jumper makes me feel physically ill.

People forget that Brand & Heatherley have looked great for Box Hill this year as does Cheney and Litherland so i think our KPD stocks will be great long term however i still maintain that we need 1 more Key Defender who is ready now and will bridge the gap between Lake and Brand so heres hoping its James Frawley as KPD are very hard to find i mean look at Swans who need a FB as Richards is almost done.

I honestly hope we grab Frawley and trade our 2nd round pick for Buntine (seriously looks like he could be a great player anywhere on the ground, and wants to leave. Prefer him to O'Rourke who seems injury prone and soft at times) and then draft 2 rookies. Ross & Wanganeen should go to.
Out - Garlett, Sewell, Simpkin & One of Grimley/Lowden/Hallahan i think we should trade one and our 3rd round pick to the Doggies/GWS/St Kilda and grab their early second round pick. Meaning we would have our first round pick and an early second round pick which Wrighty could pick up 2 stars at that range. Simpkin should go as we need to give more games to Hallahan, Anderson, Whitecross, Woodward, Hartung etc who are younger and offer us much more long term.

If we can nab Buntine, Frawley, 2 top 25 draft picks i think we could be players for the next 5 years in all seriousness. My only worry is a young ruckman to replace Hale if Lowden goes but i dont think that will be a major worry untill 2016.

Also is we nab Frawley then Schoenmakers MUST become a forward like he was drafted to be. i cant see him cracking a game in the backline with Frawley, Lake & Gibson with Spangher, Brand & Heatherley (all natural looking defenders) in the team. And we may need forward depth is Grimley goes. I also think Shoey who is talented (lets not forget that) needs to be told what position he will play (very similar to Sam Reid) not a swingman role as he is not smart enough for that role. Shed the bulk let him play at the size Gunston is and let him play CHF running all over the ground and let Roughead, Gunston, Rioli & Breust own the F50. I think that gives him his best chance to make it at the Hawks if he cant well id imagine he will be traded in 2016.

Nah Collingwood are rubbish so we will must likely get North twice instead. No double ups against any non top 8 sides next year either. Don't mind this as long as Shitney get a similar draw (yeah right).

Nah Collingwood are rubbish so we will must likely get North twice instead. No double ups against any non top 8 sides next year either. Don't mind this as long as Shitney get a similar draw (yeah right).
They might be rubbish but the crowd figures.

2011 - 83985, 87112*
2012 - 78464, 83714, 85625*
2013 - 72254, 71533
2014 - 74095, 48973

* = final

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't disagree with what you're saying, but the thought of Sewelly in anything but a Hawks jumper makes me feel physically ill.
It's not a nice thought, but take emotion out of it and it is one of those "makes sense" situations. Sewelly gets a couple more years playing and some more coin. Hawks either get a new younger development player or picks. Sewelly's new club get an experienced campaigner to teach the kids a thing or two, teach some Hawks tricks to a new team and to be a big body to protect younger kids. Think Bulldogs/Lake, but in reverse (Bulldogs rebuilding so need youth, we give them a pick, they get to offload an expensive contract and pursue more youth, we get the big defender we needed - "win win" for both).

A lot of people on these trading posts for next season put out 'pipe dream' trades. I think you have to be realistic; you have to give something to get something so it's trying to find the perennial "win win".

It's not a nice thought, but take emotion out of it and it is one of those "makes sense" situations. Sewelly gets a couple more years playing and some more coin. Hawks either get a new younger development player or picks. Sewelly's new club get an experienced campaigner to teach the kids a thing or two, teach some Hawks tricks to a new team and to be a big body to protect younger kids. Think Bulldogs/Lake, but in reverse (Bulldogs rebuilding so need youth, we give them a pick, they get to offload an expensive contract and pursue more youth, we get the big defender we needed - "win win" for both).

A lot of people on these trading posts for next season put out 'pipe dream' trades. I think you have to be realistic; you have to give something to get something so it's trying to find the perennial "win win".

Hey! No need to resort to name-calling just yet ;)

The facts are there clear as day bellend, Geelong clearly the more dominant of the two.
Wake up and realise its not 2011 anymore mate. You had a great run from 2007-2011. Congrats. We have had a great run since 1961. Let me know when you get 12 flags.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back