List Mgmt. 2015 Trade & Free Agency Hellscape Discussion Thread (PG546: Anderson PG732: Bastinac)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
@sam_mcclure: Dan Hannebery turned down 6 year contract offers at North Melbourne and Richmond and 7 years at Melbourne to stay a Swan for life.

Hopefully we go hard for Motlop or Treloar now. good to know we have plenty of cap space!
Agreed, Motlop and Treloar should be our main targets.

Would like us to go after a few Swans players with them still needing points for Mills and Dunkley, surely someone there is getting unders eg) Parker, Bird or Rohan

kingcarey1

Team Captain
Aug 10, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
who is not a legend, Cable or Greig? what a stupid question you ask, we don't have to trade either.

Relax, it's a hypothetical question. Let me put it this way, if you HAD to get rid of one, who would it be?

Say GWS wanted our first rounder + Black or Basti for Treloar...

Apr 3, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Man I don't believe it's a stupid question, I'd listen for trades for both and if the price is right....

yeah I see what you mean, some here always think the grass is greener elsewhere, whereas I think we have the players to deliver success, I just want these players developed to their full potential. But we could trade them and more then likely have the same issues with the new players we gain.

Apr 3, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Relax, it's a hypothetical question. Let me put it this way, if you HAD to get rid of one, who would it be?

Say GWS wanted our first rounder + Black or Basti for Treloar...

the problem is Black and Basti are replacements for Waite and Dal, and we all know we will at best get two more seasons out of both, Treloar is good but did he drag GWS over the line against us? so maybe not the superstar everyone thinks he is. I would trade for Treloar but not either of these two with a first rounder.

if only we still had Anthony, him and a 4th rounder would surely get it done.;)

Apr 3, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Agreed, Motlop and Treloar should be our main targets.

Would like us to go after a few Swans players with them still needing points for Mills and Dunkley, surely someone there is getting unders eg) Parker, Bird or Rohan

All Vic clubs should be making Sydney pay for their decision to recruit Buddy, pushing all their players salaries up, at some point it has to hurt them. But then it is Sydney, the league will probably introduce a new scheme for them, COBA (cost of buddy allowance).

Black2Blue

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
All Vic clubs should be making Sydney pay for their decision to recruit Buddy, pushing all their players salaries up, at some point it has to hurt them. But then it is Sydney, the league will probably introduce a new scheme for them, COBA (cost of buddy allowance).
I think it already exists in some form....the MRP decision this week seemed to apply a COBA-type clause in its findings on the Buddy-Edwards bump.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
yeah I see what you mean, some here always think the grass is greener elsewhere, whereas I think we have the players to deliver success, I just want these players developed to their full potential. But we could trade them and more then likely have the same issues with the new players we gain.

Summed up perfectly.

naturally north

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 8, 2008
Waiting for Lindsay Thomas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
T**ty Bong two's

There's been a lot of chat around these parts regarding our inability to develop players. I think the will to be the best comes from within, I highly doubt those two have the drive to lift us from top 6 to premiership contender.
Would love to be wrong and just maybe the issue isn't with them, I don't know but I look at their physical appearance and just don't believe they put in the hard yards.

I have Atley grouped with them and FWIW I don't think our on field leaders including our Captain are strong enough to demand a higher output from the guys we are discussing.
I obviously would hate as much as the next person if these guys left and found that extra gear, all as I know is we can't continue along the same path, something has to give and give real soon, or we're in a world of pain.

nelroo

Premiership Player
Aug 8, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Damien Barrett reporting Jaeger O'Meara could be looking for a possible trade.
Interesting..Would cost too much as he is contracted not to mention a gun but has serious injury worries with his knees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back