List Mgmt. 2015 Trade & Free Agency Hellscape Discussion Thread (PG546: Anderson PG732: Bastinac)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think of those players that are in and out of the side and performing well in the twos. Apart from GWS, the Saints have had the most top 25 picks the last two years (I think) . There is a lot of talent there.

I'd be a bit worried if we were chasing players who couldn't get a regular game for the Saints.

I'd be a bit worried if we were chasing players who couldn't get a regular game for the Saints.
There are some decent young kids not playing seniors for them yet. We were pretty keen on Dan McKenzie last year and he would be a Roo if Durdin had not slipped.

There are some decent young kids not playing seniors for them yet. We were pretty keen on Dan McKenzie last year and he would be a Roo if Durdin had not slipped.

Yeah, McKenzie would be the one of interest.

Not sure if this is the right thread

Key defender Nathan Grima retired earlier this month because of a degenerative back condition that will require more surgery. Fellow defender Scott McMahon, 29, has been in solid VFL form but looks set to join Grima in retirement at the end of 2015 after playing just seven games in the past two seasons. Veteran backman Michael Firrito, 31, has not missed a game this season and could play on next year, especially given the Roos won't want to rush the development of young key defenders Sam Durdin and Daniel Nielson. Drew Petrie, 32, remains North's main aerial target in attack and is almost certain to play on, while we expect Roos coach Brad Scott will ultimately give 400-gamer Brent Harvey, 37, the green light to launch an assault on Michael Tuck's AFL games record (426) next year. Leigh Adams, 27, is weighing up his future as he continues to battle the side effects of a string of recent concussions. - Nick Bowen

Not sure if this is the right thread

Key defender Nathan Grima retired earlier this month because of a degenerative back condition that will require more surgery. Fellow defender Scott McMahon, 29, has been in solid VFL form but looks set to join Grima in retirement at the end of 2015 after playing just seven games in the past two seasons. Veteran backman Michael Firrito, 31, has not missed a game this season and could play on next year, especially given the Roos won't want to rush the development of young key defenders Sam Durdin and Daniel Nielson. Drew Petrie, 32, remains North's main aerial target in attack and is almost certain to play on, while we expect Roos coach Brad Scott will ultimately give 400-gamer Brent Harvey, 37, the green light to launch an assault on Michael Tuck's AFL games record (426) next year. Leigh Adams, 27, is weighing up his future as he continues to battle the side effects of a string of recent concussions. - Nick Bowen
Close enough, yeah.

Brad just asked in an interview about motlop. He said we havnt approached him but if he wanted to come we would make some room on the list. He also said that his brother wouldnt be to happy about it though.

JB on the Rush Hour all but confirmed we'd put an offer to Treloar, but wouldn't get in to any details. And he said he knew nothing about Motlop, but he'd like him at the club if the opportunity arose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None of the last four winners have had such a volume of crappy losses.
Hawthorn 2004 was ordinary.
4 wins in total.
11 losses over 40 points with 7 over 10 goals.

Four years later..... Premiers and close to the best team for the last 7 years.

Brad just asked in an interview about motlop. He said we havnt approached him but if he wanted to come we would make some room on the list. He also said that his brother wouldnt be to happy about it though.

Tim Watson did a quick ch 7 news grab on SEN earlier where he finished with "....and the Cats are unmoved by Motlop's contract demands".

Must say i am Impressed with the way North are going after Trelor and Motlop. The last few years Higgins,Dal and made some offers to other players.
But i hope North stick to players 23yrs and under i won't say no to Motlop but it could backfire in the future.

We still have Dumont,Wood,Mckenzie,Harper and i'd rather we concentrated on these players and keep bringing in 18-19 year olds for the good of the football club...

So swagger is what youth should be judged on? How much extra does he have than Motlop?

Skill? Speed? Decent footy IQ? Motlop might tick some of those boxes.

You can be extremely confident Wood will be a gun AFL footballer (I am not, i just don't know). But guess what. Motlop is that right now.
Yeah well I said Cunners and Ben Brown would make it and got laughed off back than so I'm happy to stick by Mason now.

i won't say no to Motlop but it could backfire in the future.
Any players recruitment has the potential to backfire but with Motlop I cant see anything but up. Hes the same age as Black and about 4 years younger than Burgoyne was when he went across to Hawthorn.

have no doubt this would be a massive get. there will still be plenty of spots on the list to bring in youth WITH experiance.

I agree however, Colbert was captain when he left the Cats to come to North. Did his standing in the game no harm, or the club for that matter! It does happen, just dont think it will at North.
He asked to leave....

Any players recruitment has the potential to backfire but with Motlop I cant see anything but up. Hes the same age as Black and about 4 years younger than Burgoyne was when he went across to Hawthorn.

have no doubt this would be a massive get. there will still be plenty of spots on the list to bring in youth WITH experiance.
Yeah fair enough as long as it doesn't involve a Dumont or Wood or ill be pissed..

Ok and before people mount the sturdy steed AKA the moral high horse. Should as we expect Tarrant re-signs. And we can land a mid like Aish, which may well cost us Black who FWIW isn't half the third tall that Ziebell is.

We could afford to offload decent types which would be superfluous to our needs i.e. Hansen and as we've a young inside mid ( Dumont) who if not better than another inside mid who may or may not have a brother playing at an AFL club, will be soon enough. Now this doesn't mean these guys can't play but I believe they've decent enough value for us to move some out and bring some in while retaining our first draft pick- just sayin.

Ok and before people mount the sturdy steed AKA the moral high horse. Should as we expect Tarrant re-signs. And we can land a mid like Aish, which may well cost us Black who FWIW isn't half the third tall that Ziebell is.

We could afford to offload decent types which would be superfluous to our needs i.e. Hansen and as we've a young inside mid ( Dumont) who if not better than another inside mid who may or may not have a brother playing at an AFL club, will be soon enough. Now this doesn't mean these guys can't play but I believe they've decent enough value for us to move some out and bring some in while retaining our first draft pick- just sayin.
There is no high horse. Just an incredible dislike for the idea.

And if we have an incredible, tall marking defender that isn't Hansen, I'd be very interested to know who.

There is no high horse. Just an incredible dislike for the idea.

And if we have an incredible, tall marking defender that isn't Hansen, I'd be very interested to know who.

Fair enough, I personally don't believe we can play Thompson, Tarrant and Hansen in the same team. We look better with McDonald in the side more balanced if you like.

Hansen is a great mark for sure, would rather another great mid though. Just an opinion is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back