List Mgmt. 2015 TRADE discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. Who should we cut? Who should we delist? Who should we look at as trade targets?

Controversial start: I think we should trade for the $cumbag.

KEY DATES

Friday October 9 - NAB AFL restricted free agency offer and unrestricted free agency period begins

Monday October 12, 10am - NAB AFL Trade Period begins

Sunday October 18, 5pm - Close of NAB AFL restricted free agency offer and unrestricted free agency period

Wednesday October 21 - NAB AFL restricted free agency matching offer three-day period ends

Thursday October 22, 2pm – NAB AFL Trade Period closes

Annoyingly early to have one of these threads, but I think it's worth it.
Midfield is still s**t, and our depth there is wafer thin. Need to go hard for a gun or two, or three. The Newtons/Michies etc. of Australia aren't going to cut it. They're alright players, but we need some stars in there who can carry the load when Tyson/Jones/Vince aren't on song. S Selwood, Danger, Sloane, T Mitchell etc. throw them all a load of cash and try and get one.
More KPP depth would be handy too, especially up forward. Not sure anyone great will be available though.

After drafting Petracca, Brayshaw, Sretch and Neal-Bullen with our first 4 picks last year, I wouldn't mind drafting Joshua Schache, 199cm, 96kg KPF with our first pick. Hard at it full forward, probably not as highly rated as previous drafts KPF's but the best in this draft, will likely be a top 10 pick.

Kicked 27 goals from 17 games last year in the TAC cup, started this season with a bag of 7, currently on 11 from 3 games. Also taken 3 contested marks in each of his games this year.

I think while Hogan will be dragging the best defender up the field, this guy behind him in the 50 will worry a lot of team defences.

Roos is good at drafting mids with later picks so use them on mids and a ruckman.

don't we already have a list thread? i mean it was mostly about cutting ruckmen but surely it could be merged
and i don't mind the time of year for these discussions. its list management, it occurs year round. just in varying stages of visibility wrt player movements.

As mentioned by d33my we already have a list management thread only recently created and there is also a devoted ruck thread.

Striker475 if you were looking at more of a tongue in cheek type list thread ala 'The Cut' that's fine but your OP is a bit ambiguous.

PM me if you like. Until then this thread is a close as we don't want to have scattered list discussion so early in the year.

After some feedback I've decided to reopen this as the official trade discussion thread for 2015.

Yes it's early but posters are entitled to discuss it (and will anyway) so we may as well have some structure on the board.

There are also dedicated threads for DRAFT and FA discussion. Whilst I don't envisage much FA discussion this time of year we at least have the one place for discussion so as to keep the rest of the board clean.

Cheers.

Trade Watts, Howe & Garland for whatever is offered.
The same Garland who took 10 marks, got 19 touches and laid four tackles in a losing game?

He made one mistake early, and after that he was exemplary.

Howe should go, though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- Don't trade for any players that will cost more than a fourth round pick or a straight swap, look at our team, you can't trade for leadership.
- Watts to a team that thinks they are a contender but they aren't.

I was off the Garland train but I'm back this year, though isn't he a free agent?
We have lost someone every year and it wouldn't surprise me if he left at 28 for greener pastures

Watts Toumpas and Howe on the table
Realistically a pick in the 20s for Watts, a pick in the 30s for toumpas and hopefully a top 20 pick for Howe
Then take them to the draft, we actually have an older list without much youth coming through

I was off the Garland train but I'm back this year, though isn't he a free agent?
We have lost someone every year and it wouldn't surprise me if he left at 28 for greener pastures

Watts Toumpas and Howe on the table
Realistically a pick in the 20s for Watts, a pick in the 30s for toumpas and hopefully a top 20 pick for Howe
Then take them to the draft, we actually have an older list without much youth coming through

We have the same age profile as Geelong, St.Kilda and Collingwood actually.
TLkOE81.jpg

Last edited:
TLkOE81.jpg

Is that for one game, or across all the rounds so far?

TLkOE81.jpg
The one that stands out most to me is Carlton. Almost the prototype list break down for a premiership tilt and they're absolutely up s**t creek. They will need to trade rigorously and draft smartly from here on in to avoid being in the wilderness for 3 or 4 years.

TLkOE81.jpg

Look at carlton as well, they are like us in danihers last season

Not sure exactly what that means but I reckon Collingwood and stkilda would prefer their youth over ours, whilst Geelong are still carried by senior blokes

When your talent doesn't develop after the age of 20 your asking kids to carry the team to often

Cross and Vince have been good
Lumumba, howe, watts, dawes etc are letting the team down

Package Watts and Howe up for GWS. See if we can wrangle another young midfielder loose.

Look at carlton as well, they are like us in danihers last season

Not sure exactly what that means but I reckon Collingwood and stkilda would prefer their youth over ours, whilst Geelong are still carried by senior blokes

When your talent doesn't develop after the age of 20 your asking kids to carry the team to often

Cross and Vince have been good
Lumumba, howe, watts, dawes etc are letting the team down

You have to remember the youth we have out: Kent, Frost, Viney, Petracca. And now Hogan, JKH, and Salem.

We still have about five to ten players on our list that need to be turned over but I think after one more off-season our list will be in good shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back