List Mgmt. 2015 TRADE discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't understand why we won't pay Howe 450k, but are happy to pay Melksham 400k. I'm not too fussed about losing Howe but I certainly know who id be giving the money to.

I agree with your point. Only thing I can see in defence of this is we're losing an inconsistent flanker for an inconsistent mid, and we need mids more (even if they're not world beaters).

Still don't want Melksham.

I don't understand why we won't pay Howe 450k, but are happy to pay Melksham 400k. I'm not too fussed about losing Howe but I certainly know who id be giving the money to.

I think you will find he probably wants more than that on top of a few other contract clauses. Im sure the deal we have him was more than adequate. More than likely he has over stated his worth.

Booshboy don't worry, i also shake my head - as do most other Dees supporters.

There is no rhyme or reason for us to recruit Melksham. He's a straight up dud, plain and simple - much like a vanilla milkshake DAMMIT NOW IM THIRSTY It's the old case of a new coach coming in and trying to recruit their darling from their previous club. See malthouse / daisy love affair or even closer to home, neeld and our favorite plodder Chris dawes. Goody wants Milky Joe back like Rhianna did Chris Brown even after he beat the Christ out of her; "He can chaaange... Hes good I swear, he just needs the right person to love him".. ugh. Melksham is that inevitable disaster the MFC makes every now and then, like the Toump over Wines, that every supporter can see coming but somehow the club manages to walk into all the time like Mr magoo (thankfully less often now than in previous years).

I find the best way to rationilise it is that for every Hogan we pick up, there will always be a Tom Gillies. We know milksack will be out gillies so the question then becomes who will be our next Hogan? :rainbow:

Until then , I suggest we all just relax and go out for some frosty, chocolate milkshakes.

Booshboy don't worry, i also shake my head - as do most other Dees supporters.

There is no rhyme or reason for us to recruit Melksham. He's a straight up dud, plain and simple - much like a vanilla milkshake DAMMIT NOW IM THIRSTY It's the old case of a new coach coming in and trying to recruit their darling from their previous club. See malthouse / daisy love affair or even closer to home, neeld and our favorite plodder Chris dawes. Goody wants Milky Joe back like Rhianna did Chris Brown even after he beat the Christ out of her; "He can chaaange... Hes good I swear, he just needs the right person to love him".. ugh. Melksham is that inevitable disaster the MFC makes every now and then, like the Toump over Wines, that every supporter can see coming but somehow the club manages to walk into all the time like Mr magoo (thankfully less often now than in previous years).

I find the best way to rationilise it is that for every Hogan we pick up, there will always be a Tom Gillies. We know milksack will be out gillies so the question then becomes who will be our next Hogan? :rainbow:

Until then , I suggest we all just relax and go out for some frosty, chocolate milkshakes.

The champs or chumps approach to trading is alive and well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A guy who can kick but not mark for a guy who can mark but not kick...

Swap of arms would be perfect :)
todddawesbf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

todddawesbf.jpg
This is nevere an easy thing to say, but we've traded your arms to Carlton, and we have to saw them off.

todddawesbf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

View attachment 182139
This is nevere an easy thing to say, but we've traded your arms to Carlton, and we have to saw them off.

False. The picture used, Homer was stuck because he holding onto the candy bar. I've never seen Dawes hold onto anything ;)

If he's asking for too much money then that's one thing, but if it's because he wants to play in the role that we SHOULD be playing him in, but aren't, then I'll be very annoyed.

Would rather get a decent trade for him than overpay him

But are we overpaying? Howe is not asking for anything unreasonable, and furthermore hes asking Gold Coast for more money than hes asked from us (relocation) and theyre willing to pay it yet were not

But most importantly, the figure he wants is the contract were giving to Melksham. The fact were overpaying Melksham is irrelevant to me but not irrelevant if you dont want to pay Howe. So why does an average footballer who couldnt get in a s**t essendon side warrant the money a committed and dedicated demon who was a limited bright spark in such a shocking and forgettable period for this club does not warrant

I know which one id want

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But are we overpaying? Howe is not asking for anything unreasonable, and furthermore hes asking Gold Coast for more money than hes asked from us (relocation) and theyre willing to pay it yet were not

But most importantly, the figure he wants is the contract were giving to Melksham. The fact were overpaying Melksham is irrelevant to me but not irrelevant if you dont want to pay Howe. So why does an average footballer who couldnt get in a s**t essendon side warrant the money a committed and dedicated demon who was a limited bright spark in such a shocking and forgettable period for this club does not warrant

I know which one id want
600k per season is what he's been asking for all season, that is what Eddie Betts is on. People were saying that would be overs for Betts at the time, and he was still better than Howe then.

Also basically everyone on this board despises the Melksham trade

I reckon Howe is a vital cog down back. He may be inconsistent, but when he is on his intercept marking is a key part of our defense. With him and Cross gone who will be that player to float back and take those type of marks?

He has finished top 10 in our last couple of b&f's, so either way you put it we are losing one of our better players

I reckon Howe is a vital cog down back. He may be inconsistent, but when he is on his intercept marking is a key part of our defense. With him and Cross gone who will be that player to float back and take those type of marks?

He has finished top 10 in our last couple of b&f's, so either way you put it we are losing one of our better players

If he's inconsistent then he can't be vital because he's unreliable. His kicking and decision making often pales over the good things he does do. The screamer against GWS followed by the turnover that led to them kicking a goal pretty much summed up his career at the Dees.

If he's inconsistent then he can't be vital because he's unreliable. His kicking and decision making often pales over the good things he does do. The screamer against GWS followed by the turnover that led to them kicking a goal pretty much summed up his career at the Dees.
So who takes his role?

So who takes his role?

He's a swingman who has never really settled in a single position, so his role is pretty much fill-in, many players could do it. I'm sure our list managers have thought long and hard about that. But overpaying him sets a bad precedent and also sets us back for the long term if we can't rely on him to play that role effectively. Maybe it presents a problem for us in the immediate future but it would not be ridiculously difficult to find a player who can fill that role within a year or two.

600k per season is what he's been asking for all season, that is what Eddie Betts is on. People were saying that would be overs for Betts at the time, and he was still better than Howe then.

Also basically everyone on this board despises the Melksham trade

His manager confirmed today his asking price is "no where near" the 600k people have made up

Howe isn't very good at anything except taking hangers. That is why the club will let him go without much fight.

I think that's a bit of a myth. He's no star, but he's been decent in defence and when he had a freer role in the Neeld years he showed a lot of endurance and creativity.

I think Roos doesn't rate him that much though.

I think that's a bit of a myth. He's no star, but he's been decent in defence and when he had a freer role in the Neeld years he showed a lot of endurance and creativity.

I think Roos doesn't rate him that much though.

I don't, I've watched him play. Very average player. Like Melksham + mark of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back