List Mgmt. 2015 TRADE discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's a bit of a myth. He's no star, but he's been decent in defence and when he had a freer role in the Neeld years he showed a lot of endurance and creativity.

I think Roos doesn't rate him that much though.
You might be onto something there...

I think the coaches do rate him though. Top 10 finish in the B&F in our best season since 2010 says he goes alright.

Howe's problem is that he's only a run and jump guy. He can't play as a non KPP as he's not agile/quick of mind when the ball hits the deck so you're left with a tall who isn't tall or big so he's knackered when he can't get a run up. Works fine in a really good team where you can play zone but then he doesn't have that great play reading a McGovern/Rivers etc has/d. He reads it as good as anyone once it's in the air but he doesn't proactively get to that spot in defense so he's limited there. Up forward again he doesn't read it a kick or so ahead of time so he's only good when things time for him. Probably isn't really lazy just can't read the game. He worked best in Neeld's kick to kick game because it was ******* obvious that every ball was going to be a 50 metre kick down the line.
I think there's some value there for the right team up North particularly when you factor in the highlight reel $$ value but we really need to cash in. We have more than enough utility guys.

On the topic of Trengove I really do hope he can come back and play some good football. It would be so good for the club and the morale of the playing group too.
He deserves to make a successful comeback. I reckon we'd all love it, I know I would. I'll be there clapping and cheering the next time he takes the field at the g.

But are we overpaying? Howe is not asking for anything unreasonable, and furthermore hes asking Gold Coast for more money than hes asked from us (relocation) and theyre willing to pay it yet were not

But most importantly, the figure he wants is the contract were giving to Melksham. The fact were overpaying Melksham is irrelevant to me but not irrelevant if you dont want to pay Howe. So why does an average footballer who couldnt get in a s**t essendon side warrant the money a committed and dedicated demon who was a limited bright spark in such a shocking and forgettable period for this club does not warrant

I know which one id want
Pretty much none of that is true, Big Jim.

If he's inconsistent then he can't be vital because he's unreliable. His kicking and decision making often pales over the good things he does do. The screamer against GWS followed by the turnover that led to them kicking a goal pretty much summed up his career at the Dees.
Plus he beats nobody one on one. Nobody. He never wins a one on one, and he always always lets his man get away on a lead.

He is ONLY good at taking hangers and intercept marks 3rd/4th man up. And they are the SAME skill. Running and jumping uncontested at a high ball. That's all he's got.

So who takes his role?
What role?

If were consistent with his disposal and reliable on a man, then his intercept marking combined with those attributes could be described as a role.

But he isn't and all he does is take a handy or spectacular grab every now and then. That's not a role. Unless it's funded by marketing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jed Anderson has asked if a trade was able to done he would like it done, Dees are interest.

Heres what id like: 2016 second pick, Jack Watts and 2016 3rd pick for Jed and our 3rd pick 2015

What are your thoughts and what would you give.

Jed Anderson has asked if a trade was able to done he would like it done, Dees are interest.

Heres what id like: 2016 second pick, Jack Watts and 2016 3rd pick for Jed and our 3rd pick 2015

How about Suns 2nd rounder from Howe trade and 2016 2nd.

Jack Grimes is twice the footballer of howe, reads the play well , I'd brave and can shut down a small as well
Needs to simplify his decision making with ball in hand

Considering he has requested a trade if he picks us our 3rd rounder will be enough probably

Anderson will be 22 by the next season and has played 10 games. Hawks would be lucky to get our third rounder. Worth as much as Michie/Ben Newton. Mitch Hallahan for example was a much better player.

I don't understand why we won't pay Howe 450k, but are happy to pay Melksham 400k. I'm not too fussed about losing Howe but I certainly know who id be giving the money to.

Probably because we'll get a late first round pick for Howe (or wrap him up as part of a bigger deal), whereas well get Milktits for a pick in the early 40's.

Jack Watts alone would require you to give us something extra.

This years second rounder would get it done if he nominates a specific club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back