List Mgmt. 2015 TRADE discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nick Bowen reckons we're going to forfeit our second round pick (something around pick 24) for Melksham, a man who has only polled Brownlow Votes in 1 of his 114 AFL games despite playing as a midfielder. I feel a bit sick at the moment....

He passed to players under pressure and got tackled unecessarily. Seriously go watch that game again. This was one of his 'best' games and it was barely passable as an AFL player.
Oh bullshit, that "assessment" shows it's impossible to have an unbiased discussion with you.

Overplay the negatives while pushing down the positives.

I'll write your assignment. If it is about Shakespeare's concept of divinity explored through the prism of a deconstructed King Lear, or Bartok String Quartets, you'll go well. If it's about anything else then you have a problem.

I would personally be happy to see both these boys traded. I get that it is impatient, but I would prefer to take a chance on developing some new talent - neither of these guys seem to be responding enough to demon development. I'd also quite like to see guys chosen by the Roos / Goodwin combo - they would be picking for a particular plan and style rather than making do with what came with the package.
Roos and Goodwin, like every other recruiter, would have taken Toumpas.

I'll write your assignment. If it is about Shakespeare's concept of divinity explored through the prism of a deconstructed King Lear, or Bartok String Quartets, you'll go well. If it's about anything else then you have a problem.

I would personally be happy to see both these boys traded. I get that it is impatient, but I would prefer to take a chance on developing some new talent - neither of these guys seem to be responding enough to demon development. I'd also quite like to see guys chosen by the Roos / Goodwin combo - they would be picking for a particular plan and style rather than making do with what came with the package.
I'm actually an English major, so you're not too far away ;).

Roos and Goodwin, like every other recruiter, would have taken Toumpas.
I know. That part of my theory does fall down somewhat. I sort of realised but went ahead anyway in the hope nobody would pick up a striking chasm in my surface logic.

It's watching 3 bloody Hawthorn flags in a row. I'm unsettled.

Did 7 news just say Dawes is up for trade? Had it on in the background.

Yes it did, well is said "Melbourne are prepared to trade Dawes" but didn't mention any interest in him, just said "xxx teams need talls". Also said Toumpas has requested a trade.

If we can get back what we paid for Dawes id be pretty bloody rapt. Been horrid for too long.

Unlikely unfortunately. Not really sure who would be that keen for him though. Maybe carlton but they would be worried after getting Jones recently. Would happily send him back to the pies for a Kennedy.

If we can get back what we paid for Dawes id be pretty bloody rapt. Been horrid for too long.
Can't see you getting back pick 20 for him. Nobody wanting to see him succeed at Melbourne more than me (check my signature), but it seems he will never recapture the form he showed in 2010. He just cannot take a mark over his head. Good clubman, good kick, good person but a very average footballer for a big man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick Bowen reckons we're going to forfeit our second round pick (something around pick 24) for Melksham, a man who has only polled Brownlow Votes in 1 of his 114 AFL games despite playing as a midfielder. I feel a bit sick at the moment....
We would be stupid to do so. But lets face the facts though people, it's Melbourne and knowing us we'll probably give up our second rounder

So
Toumpas out and a 2nd round pick in
Melksham in and a 2nd round pick out

Comparing Toumpas and Melksham

Hmm makes me think the most positive thoughts about Melksham since we were first linked with him
Would rather attempt to get a player out of Port if they're biting the Toumpas bait, then give Essendon our third rounder for Melksham

Those who think we'll be paying anything other than our 2nd are having a laugh.

Rhys Stanley got a pick in the 20's, like it or not so will the milkshake.
I know, i think milkshake is not worth a second round, but Essendon are hard traders and Melbourne really don't have the courage to negotiate or play hard ball. I would like to keep the second rounder but knowing Melbourne they will give it away.

By the way i haven't been watching seven news but i heard Toumpas has (or is going to) requested a trade, Can't confirm though

Goodwin doesn't rate Dawes at all.
Has Dawes been told to get out or wants to leave? Apparently was all over seven news but need someone to confirm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back