List Mgmt. 2015 TRADE discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

StKilda gave up 16 or something to get lovett when they were in premiership contention.. Worth the risk
Brisbane also traded picks for Staker, Raines, Clarke etc and made a semi final
So your argument is that Carey liked to party, Cousins' rampant ice use didn't stop him on the field, and Fev + Lovett were decent risks? We don't need the scandal, and we owe it to our players not to recruit a guy who is throwing away his career and is clearly a disruptive influence.

Where is this coming from?
Oddly, I feel I have heard this too. Except I come up blank when I try to work out when and where. I have a feeling it's because Striker somehow manages to post with authority and I start thinking whatever he said must have some cred.

I wish I could do that.

So your argument is that Carey liked to party, Cousins' rampant ice use didn't stop him on the field, and Fev + Lovett were decent risks? We don't need the scandal, and we owe it to our players not to recruit a guy who is throwing away his career and is clearly a disruptive influence.

My argument is first we need to ask if he can help us win a premiership and then work backwards, not say is he a risk and then work forwards

Where is this coming from?
Been hearing it for months. Didn't really buy it until my actual source said that he could move (although not necessarily to Melbourne, more away from Collingwood) if both of Treloar and Aish come in.

My argument is first we need to ask if he can help us win a premiership and then work backwards, not say is he a risk and then work forwards
On raw talent, the guy is as good a footballer as Ablett and Fyfe. He cost Gold Coast pick two, they signed him up on big money when they were on the way up. Look at them now! Do you think they're making 'a statement' or 'fixing their culture' by getting rid of him? Sure, his exit will address both - but he's on the way out because he is damaged goods and nobody - not even clubs in their Premiership window like Richmond - wants him. Freo is the only club, and they're staring into the abyss and have little other choice than throw themselves at him and McCarthy. Carey's affair ruined North for 5 years, Cousins did in West Coast with his buddies Kerr, Fletcher and Chick for 10...and neither club has fully recovered yet.

Oddly, I feel I have heard this too. Except I come up blank when I try to work out when and where. I have a feeling it's because Striker somehow manages to post with authority and I start thinking whatever he said must have some cred.

I wish I could do that.

I'm no caravan salesman.

The original stuff I heard was that the pies would need to trade in better picks to get both aish and treloar. After this I heard that sidebum was not happy with the influx of mids coming in. I haven't heard much recently about it but old sidebum would be mint.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I want out of this trade period now is to cut Dawes (if not Lumumba, M Jones, and Terlich too), not trade our first or second rounder for some dork like Melksham or Ben Kennedy, and not trade Watts or Toumpas for peanuts. Anything else I don't particularly care about. Just don't * things up. Wouldn't mind signing Fitzpatrick as a rookie or some other semblance of a decent key forward, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I think Bugg is out of contract, Kennedy is in contract. Melksham is out of contract.

They aren't worth the steam off my s**t let alone 2nd rnd picks.....
3 blokes that are avg or below avg footballers & im being kind there.

We are destined to be s**t for a long time.

This is my take on things

Melksham will be a good get. He is a good player, has some dash and some goal sense.
Tom Bugg is a steal if we get him for our 3rd rounder can play mid, HB and HF.
Ben Kennedy is an interesting one. For a 3rd rounder i'd happily do it. He has goal sense, makes good decisions and is a good kick. But I think a 2nd round pick is definitely overs for a bloke who can't secure a senior gig.
Trade Howe. Doesn't seem interested 80% of the time. Suns' 2nd rounder (pick 22) will go just fine
Toumpas is 100% gone. Ports' pick 29 will get it done.
If somebody offers a 2nd rounder for Watts then take it. Any less, i'd rather keep him. Like the ball in his hands when going forward.
Hard with Dawes. He is a solid contributor and he works his ass off, but his skills just are not quite good enough. Unless a club offers something decent for him, rather keep. Offers good service and is handy i guess.

If we cannot lure that A grade mid this year, then so be it.
If we so happen to finish off the trade period retaining pick 6, go tall
pick Curnow. If he is unavailable, take Weidman. Our mids are developing fine.

we have hight/strength mids coming through -
Brayshaw - 88kg, 187cm
Petracca - 186cm, 94kg
Vandenberg - 188cm, 90kg

Add those 3 to the midfield of Viney, Neal Bullen, Tyson and Possibly Salem, thats a midfield that has potential to mix it with the best in 3-5 years

Lets face it. Jesse needs support. Both those draft choices provide that

Happy about Bugg
Not overly happy about Toumpas leaving
Don't want Melksham or Kennedy unless it's basically for a nothing pick
Hope Watts and Howe stay

Been hearing it for months. Didn't really buy it until my actual source said that he could move (although not necessarily to Melbourne, more away from Collingwood) if both of Treloar and Aish come in.

Why would Collingwood bring in Aish if it meant Sidebottom would leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back