List Mgmt. 2015 TRADE discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We also handed over pick 2 in 2013.

But yeh I just reckon a youngish, hard running, outside mid with good foot skills would be perfect.

See also; Harley Bennell, Brodie Smith, Lachie Whitfield or Stephen Hill.
Which got the Giants...Josh Kelly. Remember?

Doggies supporters are making excuses for Tom Boyd, and he's being paid like Jeremy Cameron for Dawes-level production. St Kilda supporters are rapt with Bruce for 48.
Come on he's not at Dawes level yet.

I wouldn't have thought Kelly would fetch what Boyd got you, especially if he wanted to return to Melbourne as well.

That would be Nathan Jones and pick 4 or 5.

Any high-end player will trigger a bidding war between varios clubs.Dogs overpaid Boyd for fear of Carlton next year ...

Any high-end player will trigger a bidding war between varios clubs.Dogs overpaid Boyd for fear of Carlton next year ...

Boyd was an unusual circumstance all round. Griffin was gone and the Bulldogs knew it, so they through all their eggs in the KPF basket, which was understandable.

Pick 4 alone would net a side another Kelly in this years draft, so I couldn't see you getting much more than that in a trade.

Tyson is probably a better example. He was a high pick, and you had to give away pick 9 to get a high pick back for him.

It'd essentially be;

Melbourne trade
1st round pick 2013
1st round pick 2015

GWS trade
Dom Tyson
1st round pick 2013
Josh Kelly

Or, more simply, 2 x first round picks for 3 x first round picks.
Or more simply after drafting Tyson with pick 2

GWS end up with a 2015 draft pick.

While Melbourne will have Tyson, Salem and Kelly

I'd hold off analysing the worth of any player, given the rabble Carlton is at the moment.

It's not as enticing. But it wont cost you a top-6 pick, and it wont need you to overcommit on personal terms.

Doggies supporters are making excuses for Tom Boyd, and he's being paid like Jeremy Cameron for Dawes-level production. St Kilda supporters are rapt with Bruce for 48.

I know which I'd rather be.

Remember, if one of those guns is leaving - and I suspect Shiel is more likely to go than stay - it's all-in as far as personal terms goes.

Yep. First impressions though... not great.

Hindsight is awesome. Who knew Bruce would be this good a forward? If it were obvious they were potential AFL stars they'd be worth more than a 3rd round pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'd essentially be;

Melbourne trade
1st round pick 2013
1st round pick 2015

GWS trade
Dom Tyson
1st round pick 2013
Josh Kelly

Or, more simply, 2 x first round picks for 3 x first round picks.

It's crazy how often the 2nd round pick we gave up in that deal gets forgotten. That pick could have been Matt Crouch.

I'm not against the trade but I hate seeing a situation portrayed to be something it's not.

Tyson and Salem for Kelly is fiction.

Tyson and Salem for Kelly and Crouch is far closer to the deal that transpired.

Would Melbourne be interested in the services of Swans player Craig Bird? He is essentially been kept out of the Swans side by Tom Mitchell. The other inside mids he is competing with are Kennedy and Parker.

He is a good inside mid and could play the role that Daniel Cross is playing for you.

I think a fair deal would be a swap of 2nd round picks. What do you guys think?

Would Melbourne be interested in the services of Swans player Craig Bird? He is essentially been kept out of the Swans side by Tom Mitchell. The other inside mids he is competing with are Kennedy and Parker.

He is a good inside mid and could play the role that Daniel Cross is playing for you.

For that price...tempting

Tyson and Salem for Kelly and Crouch is far closer to the deal that transpired.

Matt Crouch was the Bernie Vince trade, if memory serves. Or preferably, the Vince for Sylvia swindle.

How old will he be next year?

If below 30 id do it in a heartbeat.

Matt Crouch was the Bernie Vince trade, if memory serves. Or preferably, the Vince for Sylvia swindle.

No, we gave up our 2nd rounder in the Tyson/Salem trade. Crouch was still available at that pick.

We also gave up the Sylvia compo pick (which was right before or right after that 2nd round pick) for Vince.

No, we gave up our 2nd rounder in the Tyson/Salem trade. Crouch was still available at that pick.

We also gave up the Sylvia compo pick (which was right before or right after that 2nd round pick) for Vince.

As Crouch is currently at Adelaide, I sink he vos taken viss de Sylvia compo.

As Crouch is currently at Adelaide, I sink he vos taken viss de Sylvia compo.

Yes you are correct, he was taken with the Adelaide/Vince/Sylvia compo pick.

But what I'm saying is he could've been drafted with the 2nd rounder we traded to GWS. That commonly forgotten element of the Tyson/Salem/Kelly trade.

Depends if the compo pick given to Adelaide was end of first round which it had to be to be pick 20, the our second rounder would be after it?

Yes you are correct, he was taken with the Adelaide/Vince/Sylvia compo pick.

But what I'm saying is he could've been drafted with the 2nd rounder we traded to GWS. That commonly forgotten element of the Tyson/Salem/Kelly trade.

I don't think it was commonly forgotten, some people just can't be bothered itemizing it out all the time. I think the reason it's mostly referred to as just Tyson / Salem for Kelly is because that's how the Flog Barrett looked at it and suggested we were mad to do that trade irrespective of the other picks.

I don't think it was commonly forgotten, some people just can't be bothered itemizing it out all the time. I think the reason it's mostly referred to as just Tyson / Salem for Kelly is because that's how the Flog Barrett looked at it and suggested we were mad to do that trade irrespective of the other picks.
Also we haven't used a pick between like 4 and 35 since 2009. Either traded them or had them bumped down by GWS/GC being around. Makes the pick we traded to GWS seem fairly negligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back