3. 49 + Wright for Freeman
4. 52 + Saunders for Young
5. Ross + 23 for Carlisle
7. Draft Matho @ 5
8. 59 for Rice
9. Upgrade Sincs

In: Weller, Freeman, Young, Carlisle, Matho, Rice
Out: Hickey, Ray, Saunders, Ross, Wright

I believe theres more too it than the medical. May have had some trouble back here before he left

GC have had issues since Rocket has arrived and the first thing noticed was that, effectively "kids will be kids" and he was thoroughly surprised with how much they get away with. Bennell effectively gets outed from this culture, every club should have seen the warning lights and said nope, it's why when it was first brought up here I could only think of the Pies as a club, as Bennell would need the club to support him off field or he will screw the pooch and it will end badly because the penny hasn't dropped for him.

Richmond? Richmond has been picketed by its supporter base, and had the playing group on yachts boozing or in a pub with the playing list punching on with booze, they are goddamn idiotic that this was going to end any other way than them regretting the decision to want to trade / draft him.

But the million a year for Boyd at the Bulldogs and Buddy at Sydney were inspired by the clubs, and I am sure both players have always wanted to play with those clubs and money wasn't the issue at all :rolleyes:

FFS its like a player has never chosen a club for money

It is if you have the cattle to be there or get there in the short term for the flag, inspired to give up the money to get them, because this addressed a point of need in a big power forward that can wrench a game away from the opposition, which Buddy could do and which Boyd's potential said he could do. This is different than spending it on a defender since you aren't paying it to win a match, you're paying it to save a match, so, completely different for mine and I can see why it's questioned.

Interesting read on the Bulldog board. Apparently now Carlisle is suspect character because he had a meeting with North and they pulled out.

They seemed resigned to the fact they are out of the race and are blaming Carlisle's manager not allowing his client to meet them (you know like the manager owns Carlisle).

Really pretty pathetic considering the arrogant way they carried on last week and they way some of them tried to rub it in by invading our board.

Carlisle is not over the line for us, but one thing is for sure, he sure aint going to those losers.

TBF, there's been knocks on Carlisle character since before he became the icon for the Dogs dislike.

Aaron Young has played 42 games and has had 10 or more kicks a grand total of once. Has had 10 or more handballs 10 times.

Would be ideally suited to a team who plays in the mud every week by the sounds of it. Etihad? Perhaps not so much.
He's been the sub 21 times. That'd make getting consistent form pretty hard.

Champion data notes in the prospectus that in 2012 and 13 he had an elite kick rating, but that this significantly dropped in 2014. So it might not be a massive issue.

They also say that in 2013 he ranked 6th at port for disposals per minute. In 2014 he averaged 111 Champion Data ranking points per 100min in the games he was the sub (4th highest of the 54 players to be sub at least 3 times).

I'd be willing to back the clubs talent ID on him. Plus it's not like he'd be expensive.

They've got a far better stadium deal that they've enjoyed since the closure of Waverley, a ground they got the rights to develop for $1. It was and is a massive leg up that we've seemed to miss out on.

Over 40 years on this earth.......Just once Saints......PLEASE!

That was our fault, the Hawks wanted to develop Waverly alongside us, but we turned it down in favour of Docklands.

How can it be a fact unless it has already occurred. Anyway we wont have pick twenty so how do we pick him up.

Really that is all you can respond to from my post? The club has stated it will pick Carlisle and will probably keep #5

Why do you not rate any other mid except Parish when it has been stated by people here that watch TAC that Mathesion and Curnow are also being considered by the club?

Parish is not that quick anyway. Freeman and perhaps Young are much much quicker.

Can you post a link where it is a FACT that Collins will go at around 20? It was a fact last year Goddard was top ten as well.

So please try to understand the difference between a fact and an opinion.

Care to answer any of the above?

Last edited by a moderator:
GC have had issues since Rocket has arrived and the first thing noticed was that, effectively "kids will be kids" and he was thoroughly surprised with how much they get away with. Bennell effectively gets outed from this culture, every club should have seen the warning lights and said nope, it's why when it was first brought up here I could only think of the Pies as a club, as Bennell would need the club to support him off field or he will screw the pooch and it will end badly because the penny hasn't dropped for him.

Richmond? Richmond has been picketed by its supporter base, and had the playing group on yachts boozing or in a pub with the playing list punching on with booze, they are goddamn idiotic that this was going to end any other way than them regretting the decision to want to trade / draft him.

It is if you have the cattle to be there or get there in the short term for the flag, inspired to give up the money to get them, because this addressed a point of need in a big power forward that can wrench a game away from the opposition, which Buddy could do and which Boyd's potential said he could do. This is different than spending it on a defender since you aren't paying it to win a match, you're paying it to save a match, so, completely different for mine and I can see why it's questioned.

TBF, there's been knocks on Carlisle character since before he became the icon for the Dogs dislike.

What has Boyd done? And why is a backman any less important than a forward. Lake gets brought in to Hawthorn - Norm Smith Medallist.
Buddy an Tippett taken - runners up

Frawley take - keeps Kennedy to a goal and one of the best on ground for the Hawks yesterday.

Tell me what has Boyd done except kill the Dogs SC?

Really if you dont understand the importance of a Key Backman in your team, you really dont watch much football.

It was widely regarded that eli Templeton was going to be top 20 in his draft, slipped through to the rookie draft tho.

So until it's happened it's not fact

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was widely regarded that eli Templeton was going to be top 20 in his draft, slipped through to the rookie draft tho.

So until it's happened it's not fact

I remember him being talked about in the top 30 for the AFL's 30 day countdown to the draft with profiles too, thought he looked like a good prospect without being great in any particular area. Can't judge much off Eli's 2015, with the bad break and no form. I hope he can be something like Gaff for us next ear. Not expecting the same output or consistency, but glimpses.

Friday 9 October - AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period Commences

Monday 12 October 10am - NAB AFL Trade Period Commences

Sunday 18 October5pm - Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.

Wednesday 21 October - AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends

Thursday 22 October 2pm – NAB AFL Trade Period Closes

Friday 9 October - AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period Commences

Monday 12 October 10am - NAB AFL Trade Period Commences

Sunday 18 October5pm - Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.

Wednesday 21 October - AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends

Thursday 22 October 2pm – NAB AFL Trade Period Closes

Still doesn't make any sense how much overlap there is. So Free Agency starts Friday. Trade period on Monday week.

A few more days of nothing happening unfortunately.

That was our fault, the Hawks wanted to develop Waverly alongside us, but we turned it down in favour of Docklands.
MCG weren't interested in having us as a tenant. The AFL sold us very rubbery figures as to how profitable Docklands would be....Plympton thought he was signing the club up to riches. Was totally fudged by Wayne Jackson, who couldn't have cared less about the small Victorian clubs.

The AFL were pretty keen for us to go to Docklands. The initial deal was quite favourable to us with the promise of amazing revenue.
Alas we were duped.....again.
Can't see how you could have had two teams training at the same ground. Would a booking system had to have been put in place? Hawks get the nth end and the Saints Sth?

Over 40 years on this earth.......Just once Saints......PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back