List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade radio has about 1000 hours of time to fill in, once the trade is done the "experts" have to make it sound exciting so they keep listeners by telling the potential club they will pay overs and the exited club they will get under. We will all be hanging out listening for weeks to see what we give up.
so just like BigFooty then?

Ah I see, to us. Too favoured to us. Some on this board are suggesting Hickey and a second for Carlisle. But Ross must be of some interest to them.

I don't think it to much of an overs for them - Hickey was about pick 13 or something we had to pay GCS so that would be a similar price they pay us. They need a ruck and were widely criticised for not doing anything to improve their list for a tilt at the top 4. They are desperate to do some trades ATM. Ross would be a second round pick in the mid to late 20s. He's been on an upward trajectory and most would see he's about to step up. His ceiling is quite high. They need some in and under mids as they have a heap of outside jets.

Seems to be lot of worry about losing pick 5, but just wondering if any stats nuts out there have a list of pick 5's over the last 10 seasons, and how well they have done?
2014: Jordan De Goey
2013: Kade Kolodjashnij
2012: Jake Stringer
2011: Matt Buntine
2010: Jared Polec
2009: Ben Cunnington
2008: Michael Hurley
2007: Jarrad Grant
2006: Travis Boak
2005: Scott Pendlebury
2004: Lance Franklin

That's 3 Coleman medals, 14 All-Australian guernseys, 6 Club B&Fs, 1 Norm Smith medal, 7 Club Leading Goal Kickers and De Goey just won Best First Year Player at the Filth.

Keep. It.

Last edited:

Part of the perception of him having (massively overstated, and I'm as guilty as anyone in retrospect) attitude problems comes from that game, where he cracked the shits a whole lot and seemingly refused to man up on Schache and went off chasing kicks.

But three things to remember;
1. He was giving away 7cm and about 10kg to Schache; that's a tough ask.
2. The amount of quality ball coming in was huge and hard to stop.
3. Let's not kid ourselves, the Champs are a shopfront, the kids know this, so they are inclined to play their natural game at all times... He's NOT a stopping KPD.

Too right. And let's not forget he's an 18 year old kid, one who's already had his fair share of lifes bull**** thrown his way.

I'm really warming to this blokes 'potential' (dirty word I know)

A couple of articles worth reading with a bit of backstory and comparisons to other top prospects and how he stacks up.

Getting a sneaky suspicion this kid could end up being the pick of the draft if it all comes together for him. Just sounds like he could shape up to be a seriously damaging player with all his attributes.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...394387450?sv=52eeaa8dbf98741ebc9cbd0f044b90a4

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...e-national-draft/story-e6frf3e3-1227510627221

The debate around whether to take Josh Schache or Jacob Weitering at pick one has centred around the question: ‘Do you take your key forward or your key defender?’

In Francis, you get both.

“As that intercept player, he was the best defender we saw at the championships. Going forward, he was in the top three forwards that we saw,” a leading AFL analyst tells Fox Footy.

Given Francis has spent the majority of his year on half back, comparing the South Australian with fellow highly rated defender Weitering makes for interesting reading.

Francis took 14 contested marks across the championships, 27 intercept marks and recorded a tally of eight spoils. Weitering had 16 contested marks, 19 intercepts and 12 spoils.

While the numbers are relatively even, that’s without factoring in the time Francis spent forward.

Remarkably, he also recorded 13 shots on goal in addition to his superb defensive numbers. Only Schache and Ben Ainsworth had more in division one.

Last edited:
2013: Kade Kolojdashnij

Keep. It.

That would have been Chad Wingard but he told the Giants in no uncertain terms that he was very attached to his family in SA and would love to play for the Crows or Power at some point in his career.

Seems to be lot of worry about losing pick 5, but just wondering if any stats nuts out there have a list of pick 5's over the last 10 seasons, and how well they have done?

Another way to look at it is to look at the job our recruiters have done in the past few drafts, especially the last two.

Due to this, we have faith in our recruiters and would be very confident that Trout and co. will pick a ripper if we go into the draft with pick 5.

Don't fall for that its not a big enough sample size.
Pick 5 is very good pick better then 6 little worse then 4
When efc fans complain pick 25 has had 1 good play i respond we could try and get them pick 37 thats had i think 5 AA's and Newnes
Also hard to say how good the players from less the 5 years ago are gonna be

Keep. It.
Jarrad grant was a pick 5 what the * hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Too right. And let's not forget he's an 18 year old kid, one who's already had his fair share of lifes bull**** thrown his way.

I'm really warming to this blokes 'potential' (dirty word I know)

A couple of articles worth reading with a bit of backstory and comparisons to other top prospects and how he stacks up.

Getting a sneaky suspicion this kid could end up being the pick of the draft if it all comes together for him. Just sounds like he could shape up to be a seriously damaging player with all his attributes.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...394387450?sv=52eeaa8dbf98741ebc9cbd0f044b90a4

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...e-national-draft/story-e6frf3e3-1227510627221

The debate around whether to take Josh Schache or Jacob Weitering at pick one has centred around the question: ‘Do you take your key forward or your key defender?’

In Francis, you get both.

“As that intercept player, he was the best defender we saw at the championships. Going forward, he was in the top three forwards that we saw,” a leading AFL analyst tells Fox Footy.

Given Francis has spent the majority of his year on half back, comparing the South Australian with fellow highly rated defender Weitering makes for interesting reading.

Francis took 14 contested marks across the championships, 27 intercept marks and recorded a tally of eight spoils. Weitering had 16 contested marks, 19 intercepts and 12 spoils.

While the numbers are relatively even, that’s without factoring in the time Francis spent forward.

Remarkably, he also recorded 13 shots on goal in addition to his superb defensive numbers. Only Schache and Ben Ainsworth had more in division one.

Yep and the guarantee of one of him, Parish or Matho is delicious. As Barrels says - keep it

Bomber fans can't get over where they saw the club going when they partnered with Man United the last 10 years of indifferent results, drug scandal, ladder crash and the real possibility they are wooden spoon material is jarring.
Saints fans can handle the ups and downs of football like most sports fans. Half the Bomber pick 5 people are so set on it because they think with it and a couple other trades (Cam Mccarthy) they make finals or even top 4 because "superior culture + destination club+esprit de corps" and if they don't cry conspiracy. How many teams would of run a #standbyhird type campaign even at Collingwood half the fans want Buckley gone.
Reminds me of Carlton after the SC breach I hope they stay the same it will only anchor them to the bottom end for 10 years

I reckon Collingwood remember when they were a bit boom bust once. Carlton and Essendon ran like the mafia in the old days. They ran paper bags all over that place and with no cap on spending they just went around buying up poorer clubs talent. We loved the guys like Trevor Barker because he would have been set up if he's gone off and taken a deal. The professional era has actually meant teams like the saints and Dogs who were screwed over for years are a bunch of street smart fighting dogs ready to hit any bit of opportunity and swallow it up. They old boys clubs just sit around the Melbourne club circle jerking talking about how unfair the system is now.

That's 3 Coleman medals, 14 All-Australian guernseys, 6 Club B&Fs, 1 Norm Smith medal, 7 club Leading Goal Kickers and De Goey just won Best First Year Player at the Filth.

Keep. It.
FB: **** - **** - Buntine
HB: Kolodjashnij - Hurley - ****
RK: **** - Pendlebury - Boak
CR: Polec - Cunnington - ****
HF: De Goey - Franklin - ****
FF: Grant - Stringer - ****

That's not a half bad side, even including Grant.

Looking ahead apart from retirements its gonna be hard to delist some players at the end of 2016 without all the injuries we would of won the VFL grand final.
I love the Sandy connection but we really will need the VFL team asap if its the same agreement next year who would they send to the development league and what a waste

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking ahead apart from retirements its gonna be hard to delist some players at the end of 2016 without all the injuries we would of won the VFL grand final.
I love the Sandy connection but we really will need the VFL team asap if its the same agreement next year who would they send to the development league and what a waste
Not really.

Need big improvements from Curren, Saunders, etc types or they're in trouble.

Freeman plays a different position to Geary? Newnes also plays a different position/role.

Yeah like Gilbert and Gram and even Raph Clarke, he might not be a fan favourite but internally he's highly rated. Doubt he's going anywhere soon.

Don't fall for that its not a big enough sample size.
Pick 5 is very good pick better then 6 little worse then 4
When efc fans complain pick 25 has had 1 good play i respond we could try and get them pick 37 thats had i think 5 AA's and Newnes
Also hard to say how good the players from less the 5 years ago are gonna be
And this is almost my exact point - so why should we cough up the prize and get back a 'meaningless' mid 20s pick. If he was contracted, sure. He's not, so we pile on a few things that get them into the late teens.

One of the only players from the Blues outside of Cripps I'd think about is the Irishman, Tuohy.

187cm and 91kg with speed and a huge boot. Better than a GOP without being a star. Would be an upgrade on Geary and Wright's skills from the back pocket.

Will be 26 next season and OOC. Could be a value grab for a finals-bound side (if that's what we are by then..)
I really like Tuohy, heart & soul type player. Can't see him being on our radar though.

I personally hate how everybody is so keen to trade out Seb Ross. He is tracking along perfectly for his age/games played. Everyone doubting this should compare him to most midfielders in the afl, except the freaks who come along and dominate from get go. In this case though they are normally developing in a team higher on the ladder.
This is seb ross' career stat's thus far.

View attachment 182361

This is Sam Mitchells early stat's

View attachment 182359

This is dangerfields

View attachment 182364

As you can see it takes till around that 50-60 game mark till most players really find their feet. I for one really hope we don't trade Ross.
Especially bundled with a second rounder. In the long run I feel we will be the ones screwed in that trade.

There are plenty more examples if you want to explore the players section of the afl app.
He cant kick. Sorry. We need to upgrade these types if possible.

Wright is going to be a hard in and under mid.. Not afraid to put his head over the pill.

I'm a big fan but he's going to have to get a spot and hold it or he's gone. Not many play a few games a year in their 4th year and keep on a list. He's one who has massive potential but it sounds from Moorabin Ghost they don't rate him because of his kicking. Saunders form in the seniors was pretty ordinary too so those guys will need to step up and fair to say guys like Curren and Minch don't have the luxury of time as they tend to drop guys who come off the rookie list quickest as they didn't invest heavily in them.

Yeah but i think it will be more then a 2nd can't get everyone we're not Geelong

I wouldn't pay a second rounder for Anderson. He's a fringe player still and playing in a gun team makes you look a better player. At our second he would be worth more than Savage who was a steak knives with our other deal but he averages 10 possessions and 49 super coach points at AFL level. He is potential like Nathan Wright is potential. If he was at Melbourne and asked for a trade he'd probably not get a bite.

I guess i dont get to see Curren and Saunders play and its a big step up between AFL and VFL but i thought Curren was playing pretty well this year

Like Minch he gets sent in as a defensive forward when he comes into the seniors. At VFL level he's a mid and a very productive one. He doesn't really add a great deal more than others in the forward role unfortunately. I'm not sure what else he can do to get a spot except wait and hope we get an injury to one of our midfield and he fills in and is so good he displaces someone else. AFL is a harsh game if you are playing on the fringe. plenty never get the chance to show what their potential was, just ask Markworth.

I personally hate how everybody is so keen to trade out Seb Ross. He is tracking along perfectly for his age/games played. Everyone doubting this should compare him to most midfielders in the afl, except the freaks who come along and dominate from get go. In this case though they are normally developing in a team higher on the ladder.
This is seb ross' career stat's thus far.

View attachment 182361

This is Sam Mitchells early stat's

View attachment 182359

This is dangerfields

View attachment 182364

As you can see it takes till around that 50-60 game mark till most players really find their feet. I for one really hope we don't trade Ross.
Especially bundled with a second rounder. In the long run I feel we will be the ones screwed in that trade.

There are plenty more examples if you want to explore the players section of the afl app.
Could not agree more.

BTW Jake Carlisle has only once finished in the top 10 of Essendon's B&F (Crichton Medal)

2012 not in top 10
2013 he finished 6th behind Brendon Goddard
2014 not in top 10
2015 not in top 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back