List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caddy will regret that decision, we will be a true contender before Geelong is again

It wasn't his call. Geelong had the better pick to trade with GC so he did the right thing by them and we missed out. According to W2L - Caddy was shown around Seaford by his close mate Jack Newnes and he was happy to come to the Saints.

sorry mate but Geary has been appalling by foot his whole career and this year has been particularly bad.

I'd say he is below-average by foot but recent times it's been ok as he has done good shut down/defensive jobs as well as his speed and tackling. It just won't be worth it at a certain point when we're looking to optimise our 22 and skills once again becomes the focus other than at the moment where we need leadership, mature heads and some veteran athletes to lead the way in effort.

Gilbert would want to get a few senior games in before years end because if you can't do what you're paid to, your job is in jeopardy. Pretty obvious but it's been a while now since he has strung together a few games.

Theoretically we finish 15th, and no free agency picks happen. we get picks 4, 22, 40, 58, 76.

Bailey rice gets bid on Pick 25. Pick 25 is worth 756 points. Applying the 197 point discount means we need to provide 559 points from our remaining picks.

Pick 40 is worth 429 points. This means we need to provide an additional 130 points. Pick 58 is worth 170 points. This pick is shifted back to pick 70, which has a value of 39, generating the remaining points necessary.

So we would essentially have traded Picks 40 & 58 for 25 & 70. Most of us would do that I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, BJ left, he's an A grade player but also nearing 30 and we have a flag tilt to work towards.

EDIT: He IS 30, as of a few days ago. Happy Birthday Brendon, but suffer in your jocks you shipjumper!
If it is Brendon's management who approached us I'd welcome him back with open arms. Don't care how old he is, whether he likes it or not he'll always be in Saints folklore and will always be remembered as a Saint. I still have a jersey with his name and number on the back (without any attempt to get rid of either name or number), the way we let him go stinks, he'd have thrown himself at a brick wall for our club and its s**t we didn't repay that.

That said, I'd be more than pleased if it was a much younger player, especially one from Carlton or Essendon. Screw Carlton and Essendon.

Hope I'm not the only one that really doesn't rate Macrae. Accumulates a lot of cheap, nothing possessions and lacks hurt factor of the really good outside mids, not to mention he runs one way.
u aswell!! thought u were better than that Rahul.

Gilbert would want to get a few senior games in before years end because if you can't do what you're paid to, your job is in jeopardy. Pretty obvious but it's been a while now since he has strung together a few games.
Also a RFA so one of the top earners at the club..

If it is Brendon's management who approached us I'd welcome him back with open arms. Don't care how old he is, whether he likes it or not he'll always be in Saints folklore and will always be remembered as a Saint. I still have a jersey with his name and number on the back (without any attempt to get rid of either name or number), the way we let him go stinks, he'd have thrown himself at a brick wall for our club and its s**t we didn't repay that.

That said, I'd be more than pleased if it was a much younger player, especially one from Carlton or Essendon. Screw Carlton and Essendon.

We didn't throw him under the bus or anything, we just didn't pay him a huge amount of money on a long contract, he made his choice, no one forced him out. If we got him back cheaply I'd be happy, but I don't want to pay a lot for a 30 year old.

Pick 3/4 (whichever we get) for Josh Kelly and Nick Haynes sounds fair to me.
damn interesting trade. won't happen but interesting.

bringing kelly back to where he belongs in bayside and haynes is just a jesus in my eyes.

if both were forced out and picked us then it would be a great trade.

also don't lock us in for 3/4 i still think 1/2 are on the table, people have short memories

No way does Goddard come back. Of all the players from all the clubs.....

What number does Longer move to then :p

Lonie into #13
Longer into #2? Does Markworth get another year? Would be cool to see a ruck in the #10 again...

On a completely different topic, If I could rewind back to the 2012 trade week, I'd trade pick 12 & 13 to Port Adelaide for pick 7 & Matthew Lobbe...

And I reckon they would have taken it

Lobbe & Wines.... Yes please

:(

No way does Goddard come back. Of all the players from all the clubs.....

What number does Longer move to then :p

Lonie into #13
Longer into #2? Does Markworth get another year? Would be cool to see a ruck in the #10 again...

I'd be giving Bruce first choice of what number he wants, if he wanted a change.

On a completely different topic, If I could rewind back to the 2012 trade week, I'd trade pick 12 & 13 to Port Adelaide for pick 7 & Matthew Lobbe...

And I reckon they would have taken it

Lobbe & Wines.... Yes please

:(
In fairness, if 6 other teams could rewind, they'd have taken Ollie Wines higher than pick 7. Well, maybe not GWS with Whitfield, but everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back