List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Could Skinner be thereabouts?
Is Coughlan from Footscray worth a look?

Coughlan is from the Murray Bushrangers just played with the Bulldogs as 23rd man. He is 19 y/o and was part of ghe GWS academy last year but was ovr looked. Looks to have matured and would make a good developing KPD....as a late pick or rookie selection.

We weren't silly enough to offer him $7 million over 7 years as well as having to give up pick one. Instead we took the pick to the draft, got McCartin and saved a but load of cash that we can now spend on proven players.

Pretty much this. I would have been ok with a pick 1 swap... but at that sort of coin, no way!

Still reckons he gets a game so that the club can justify his pay... otherwise he'd be developing in VFL like Paddy.

Have to keep in mind that there will probably be live bidding on draft night. Let alone sliders.

If that's the case, it's gonna be one hell of a card game.

Tell you what sucks about the "live" bidding is that players with 2 FS options have to nominate first.

Eg Rice nominates playing for St Kilda.

Essendon bid pick 27 for him and we have to decide if we want to match the points. We decide he is not worth it and he goes to the Bombers.

Now what if Carlton declare he is worth that to them? What if they were willing to match the points to get a player who was able to go to themunder the FS rule? They cant!

Its a rare thing but I beleve that the FS players who qualify for 2 teams should not have to nominate one club until draft night.

If both teams match a bid then the kid will have nominated a preference beforehand BUT said nomination should not rule the other team out entirely.

Make it the same with state acedemies too I say. If we bid pick 4 on Mills and Sydney pass but GWS would match to keep him in NSW then why not? It wouldnt happen all the time but it would make draft night crazy good with potentially 3 teams weighing up every pick through the first 2-3 rounds.

Pretty much this. I would have been ok with a pick 1 swap... but at that sort of coin, no way!

Still reckons he gets a game so that the club can justify his pay... otherwise he'd be developing in VFL like Paddy.
If we had the key forward stocks (or lack thereof) of the dogs, Paddy would be in our side every week as well. Thankfully we've still got Roo and now Bruce so Paddy can develop his game in the VFL away from the media scrutiny, something Boyd isn't going to get regardless due to the ridiculous coin they're paying him.

If we had the key forward stocks (or lack thereof) of the dogs, Paddy would be in our side every week as well. Thankfully we've still got Roo and now Bruce so Paddy can develop his game in the VFL away from the media scrutiny, something Boyd isn't going to get regardless due to the ridiculous coin they're paying him.
paddy should still get media scrutiny(and somewhat does by the comments by mick for example), he's a no.1 pick we can't just let 4 years go by without him having expectations on him to become great.

I wouldn't go after Lachie Hunter, but I would definitely offer Michael Talia a handy, 2 or 3 year contract. He's out of contract this year, performed quite well early on and fills a need as a young key defender.
that's if we don't get weitering :p

Why would we go for Lachie Hunter? he's a shitter version of Lonie haha. Don't need him.

I would love to go for Nathan Wilson, that guy is special. Strong overhead, great speed and knows how to break the lines, pin-point and long kick, would love him at the club. If we somehow get him, don't know what would happen to Wright

If we are looking to trade players in I would like to target backs with Dempster, Gilbert and Fisher close to cooked. Draft mids, trade in talls!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would we go for Lachie Hunter? he's a shitter version of Lonie haha. Don't need him.

I would love to go for Nathan Wilson, that guy is special. Strong overhead, great speed and knows how to break the lines, pin-point and long kick, would love him at the club. If we somehow get him, don't know what would happen to Wright

Agree on Wilson if not him grab another of the fringe GWS blokes

Barras is the KPD we should chase

wtf... there is very little chance paddy will stay in the VFL for 4 years... what are you on mate?
i was reffering to the start of his career being the first 4 years, not the fact he will play VFL for 4 years, he needs scurinity on his game though and will no matter what we do with him

Agree on Wilson if not him grab another of the fringe GWS blokes

Barras is the KPD we should chase
Is this Barrass guy a genuine KPD or a third tall ala Gilbert/Roberton? Listed at 194 and 85.

And if he is a KPD, why isn't he getting a look in with Brown and McKenzie missing the whole season?

Tell you what sucks about the "live" bidding is that players with 2 FS options have to nominate first.
Seems fair ....
Eg Rice nominates playing for St Kilda.
Ok ....
Essendon bid pick 27 for him and we have to decide if we want to match the points. We decide he is not worth it and he goes to the Bombers.
Fine. He gets his fair market price.
Now what if Carlton declare he is worth that to them? What if they were willing to match the points to get a player who was able to go to themunder the FS rule? They cant!
Can see benefits both ways. Maybe he declares if he doesn't want to go to the other club if they nominated him also.
Its a rare thing but I beleve that the FS players who qualify for 2 teams should not have to nominate one club until draft night.
The extra element of surprise?
If both teams match a bid then the kid will have nominated a preference beforehand BUT said nomination should not rule the other team out entirely.
Still get a chance at their next pick. (Would they want him if he'd already rejected them once?)
Make it the same with state acedemies too I say. If we bid pick 4 on Mills and Sydney pass but GWS would match to keep him in NSW then why not?
So other states can get a crack at him.
It wouldnt happen all the time but it would make draft night crazy good with potentially 3 teams weighing up every pick through the first 2-3 rounds.
That's gonna happen anyway.

Is this Barrass guy a genuine KPD or a third tall ala Gilbert/Roberton? Listed at 194 and 85.

And if he is a KPD, why isn't he getting a look in with Brown and McKenzie missing the whole season?

Genuine KPD I'm told, kept out by McGovern and Schofield, he also has a bit of development to go. But you have to get in early

Said the same on McGovern and Tabenar. Too late on them now. Barrass has no chance to break into that side next year and beyond. Go get him

To be completly honest, from last years draft i still believe petracca will be the best player, even tho he has already had a knee reconstruction, that will allow his body to have another year to put on muscle!. He'll be a brute by the time he plays his first game.
In saying that, im still extremly glad we chose paddy, we are going to build the forward line around him and his character and work ethic is second to none!

To be completly honest, from last years draft i still believe petracca will be the best player, even tho he has already had a knee reconstruction, that will allow his body to have another year to put on muscle!. He'll be a brute by the time he plays his first game.
In saying that, im still extremly glad we chose paddy, we are going to build the forward line around him and his character and work ethic is second to none!
ACLs are less invasive and have a much better recovery rate than they used to, but on the bulkier blokes they still go bad more often than you'd hope...

Fingers crossed for the kid, but I've got a horrible feeling about it unless he sheds a fair bit of bulk.

If we worried about kids coming from Queensland or NSW we would never have picked Rooey or Lenny.
Yes and No .Complete different landscape from 2000 to now with the new systrem in place on bidding etc.I could name top picks N Buckley,A Rocca and Shannon Grant from the same era.
But the go home factor is a reality with some players .Especially if they think as a 13 year old when identified they are going to be a Swan,Sun ,Lion or Giant.
We dont want to lose these players, and have the disruption within the club .
Just sayin, when interviewed the question is asked about loyalty to the team that they have been aligned to for the past 5 years.

Yes and No .Complete different landscape from 2000 to now with the new systrem in place on bidding etc.I could name top picks N Buckley,A Rocca and Shannon Grant from the same era.
But the go home factor is a reality with some players .Especially if they think as a 13 year old when identified they are going to be a Swan,Sun ,Lion or Giant.
We dont want to lose these players, and have the disruption within the club .
Just sayin, when interviewed the question is asked about loyalty to the team that they have been aligned to for the past 5 years.

how many kids have we lost to go back home? i can think of only one in cripps which tbh given the family history and ties to wce we should never have selected him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back