List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
how many kids have we lost to go back home? i can think of only one in cripps which tbh given the family history and ties to wce we should never have selected him
Luke. Parker.

:cry:

Went at pick 40 in the same (weak) draft that we took Cripps at 26.

Also Jack Darling at 26 (but he wasn't a realistic option), Jeremy Howe at 33 and George Horlin-Smith at 37 and Tom McDonald at 53.

Also Jack Darling at 26 (but he wasn't a realistic option), Jeremy Howe at 33 and George Horlin-Smith at 37 and Tom McDonald at 53.
Oh got ya..

I thought you must have been hinting at St.Kilda let him slip from them or something being a Stingrays boy.

Which essentially we did, but we obviously rated Cripps higher at the time.

To be completly honest, from last years draft i still believe petracca will be the best player, even tho he has already had a knee reconstruction, that will allow his body to have another year to put on muscle!. He'll be a brute by the time he plays his first game.
In saying that, im still extremly glad we chose paddy, we are going to build the forward line around him and his character and work ethic is second to none!
ACLs are less invasive and have a much better recovery rate than they used to, but on the bulkier blokes they still go bad more often than you'd hope...

Fingers crossed for the kid, but I've got a horrible feeling about it unless he sheds a fair bit of bulk.
I agree with Barrels... He actually needs to trim down moreso than put on muscle. He weighs 92-94kg & he's only 186cm.... When he was a 16-17 year old he weighed 98kg :eek:

He should be losing some weight to take stress off his knees (ACL) & hips (he's had hip issues in the past too - understandable when you're 16-17 yrs old playing a lot of footy & weighing nearly 100kgs)

I have no doubts he'll be a gun, but more than happy to have a Plugger/Jonno Brown hybrid at full forward for the next 15 years ;)

Seriously.. how the heck did Parker slide to pick 40?! Did they think he had low potential because of his lack of pace or something? Baffling. Best of the Swans mids IMO.

Fingers crossed Hannebery's big deal will squeeze Parker out, to us of course ;)

Are there any really quick indigenous players round our picks in this draft..
This may sound silly but seeing the article on winmar made me think we havnt had that type of player for a while. Would love to see another Winmar type in the red white and black tearing up the wings at the dome, and we need outside pace and precision kicking.

how many kids have we lost to go back home? i can think of only one in cripps which tbh given the family history and ties to wce we should never have selected him
Not a lot recently .James Begley.If you believe Tim Watson Begley he was going to be out next captain .
Timmy really had a handle on things didnt he !
But , havent really landed anyone of note past The G Train .
Is this due to good management of not paying 7 million over 7 years or no one wants to pay for us ?

Not a lot recently .James Begley.If you believe Tim Watson Begley he was going to be out next captain .
Timmy really had a handle on things didnt he !
But , havent really landed anyone of note past The G Train .
Is this due to good management of not paying 7 million over 7 years or no one wants to pay for us ?

so basically no one. even though we have a number of kiwis, QLD, WA, SA players on our list

i dont think we should worry about the home state of the player as a blanket rule

Are there any really quick indigenous players round our picks in this draft..
This may sound silly but seeing the article on winmar made me think we havnt had that type of player for a while. Would love to see another Winmar type in the red white and black tearing up the wings at the dome, and we need outside pace and precision kicking.
Anyone know anything about Daryl Cunninghams son ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Guys,
What's the latest word on Bailey Rice's preferred club of choice (if there is one)?
Depends who gets a hold of the rights to him...

Hey Guys,
What's the latest word on Bailey Rice's preferred club of choice (if there is one)?
I actually had lunch with Bailey yesterday.
I asked him what his preference was. He said he hates Carlton with a passion and hed be happy to sign a 10yr basic wage contract with the Saints and he sleeps in Stkilda pajamas and cuddles a Nick Riewoldt doll to sleep every night.

Im pretty sure your smart enough to realise I made that all up just to make myself feel better about losing to you guys this yr:(
:p

I'm hearing it's still genuinely 50/50.

He was at the launch of our revamped FS academy today though.
I've said that it comes down to what he wants. I think we'd all agree that, right now as it stands, the Saints are closer to a shot at success than the Blues, given that you guys have only really started your rebuild, and we're a few years into ours. So it's whether he wants to try to break into a team closer to success, but that has tons of players who play his role (HBF). Basically, it's between a chance of success but difficult selection/opportunity, and easy selection/opportunity but delayed/precarious chance of success.

It'll definitely be one of the great discussion points of the trade and draft period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back