List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This compo stuff is a pharce.. No player ever gets there proper value it's a joke... Compo was just spose to soften the blow for clubs early days before getting phazed out... Why is it still there? We wanted free agency we need to accept what it is and stop with this compo crap as it screws other clubs in the draft

Don't agree, FA already favours the clubs at the top, most of the biggest FA are going to top 4 sides. The guys at the bottom need something.

Hi All. First time poster, long time observer. I am new to BF so pardon my ignorance when it comes the way I reply on these threads initially. I am a mad saints fan and am happy with the way the saints are progressing with their rebuild. Fantastic coach, great core of senior players to lead the exciting next generation and the board/admin have been great in recent times. The move back to Moorabbin will be the icing on the cake.

Now to keep this post relevant to this thread. I like to indulge in trade rumours/suggestions. I enjoy reading this thread and have liked some of the trade suggestions. Some are madness but can't fault the effort. I was regularly emailing the Pelchen in the last couple of trade periods with my trade suggestions and managed to get responses. Now he's gone, will have to bombard Trout and Ameet.

To kick off my first trade suggestion. I will try for most part to keep them pragmatic. Would we look at trading our first round pick (currently 6) to Brisbane for Aish + their second round pick (currently 20) then trading pick 20 to Essendon for Carlisle (provided that he's in the clear with WADA). I know that people seem to think he is a d**khead but am confident Richo can work his magic and turn him around (see M.Weller). I would much rather get Hurley as a FA next year but realistically see us competing with other teams to get his signature which will inflate his worth on the open market. I know we have cap space but need to think of the whole list going forward when we need to renew contract for Billings, Paddy and the like when they become superstars of the comp and keep them together. I think Essendon will look to go into rebuild mode and given their loss of draft picks in previous years will need to fast track getting top 20 picks. I think Carlisle will be one of the ones to make way. Hooker and Hurley are the preference for the backline and I think he knows he plays best in the backline. OOC so that helps as well at the trade table (provided he nominates us).

Benefits of the above trade:
1. Aish helps address our need for a classy wingman with good ball use. I know he has dropped off this year but how many countless others have dropped off in their second year then rebound? I don't think his injuries have helped either.
2. Carlisle is a solid presence in the backline and is in the right age bracket for our next tilt. He also adds versatility given he can be used as a swingman.

I'm sure pick 6 will help get a good mid, but why not look at killing two birds with one stone. and fill two needs going forward In addition, we should be able to pick a good prospect with our second round pick (Gresham).

I am interested to get feedback.

Everyone keep up the good work.
Love the enthusiasm but even if we did pull off the Aish trade, and that'd be an if given the interest, I don't see us getting Carlisle for a second rounder. Too much interest, he'd want more money than we'd like to part with and Essendon are far too hard to deal with. Ryder, who only wanted to go to one club and just about ready to walk and void his contract, still went for Port's first and second rounders. If we traded out our first they'd go after both our seconds and pocket change.

How bigs ya mate Gresham? Grown a bit?
Still 177cm till the Combine tells me different.
A good article written by BFGN on Ben McKay. I'd really like us to pick him up, he seems to have all the right attributes to make AFL and also is a great bloke which fits in with our previous drafting over the last few years. #want

http://boundforglorynews.com/ben-mckay-the-best-draft-story-of-the-year/
Reading that site makes you 40% sexier.

I could see the AFL doing a sneaky priority pick/FA Compo on Kruuuz. Essendon and the Dogs would be all over him I rekon.

If they did that then I'd ask for compensation for being screwed in the Goddard and Dal Santo FA compos plus not asking for a PP.

Same discussion on the Brissy board. No chance Leuenberg or Kreuzer get their teams band 1 compo. 2/3 band IMO.

Same discussion on the Brissy board. No chance Leuenberg or Kreuzer get their teams band 1 compo. 2/3 band IMO.
If the blues can't get band1 then they would be so freakin stupid to let him walk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a long season. Melbourne and Essendon both have winnable games to come, our youngsters will tire (already seeing it with Longer and even Lonie), we'll have a couple more injuries (Gilbert etc) and we'll blood some more kids, so I wouldn't be surprised if we still have a top 4 pick.
It's a long season. All of a sudden Melbourne are likely to overtake us and Essendon have more than 2 winnable games to come. I'll say we will still end up with a top 5 pick (before Academy bidding).

Using the ladder predictor I had us interchangeable with Essendon for pick 5/6. The Dees win is a real bonus and puts us right back in the mix for Parish.

Brisbane potentially getting a PP or them getting a top 4 compo pick for a Leuenberger could be a thorn in our side though.
Agree it'd hurt, but the AFL has gone nuts if they think they'll get away with giving Brisbane Band 1 compensation for Leuey. It'd be the beginning of the end of compensation for losing Free Agents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back