List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just back in the realms of sanity for a minute, I'm really starting to hope this kid ends up with us... Capable at both ends, can ruck, 200cm but insanely athletic... Beefier (just) than his twin...

393071.jpg

Most importantly, a good level-headed kid... http://boundforglorynews.com/ben-mckay-the-best-draft-story-of-the-year/

Gillo - nut-punching stupidity
KB - Bontempelli
InamedtheGiants - anything plastic
SK_MD - me

Obsession is an ugly thing.

Man of Clay - St Kilda's list.

Could McKay make it to our second pick?
Harry: very unlikely but not impossible.
Ben: absolutely, maybe even our 3rd; he just hasn't got the exposed form.

While it would be nice to maybe land a Kelly or an Aish and even a Weller next year, it depresses the s**t out of me that our club is rebuilding so hard and dliligently within the confines of drafting and trading, and even if we get a decent top four team, we will come up against a absolutely rampant GWS who last year had 27 first round dps on their list and it is probably about 30 now.

We get casts offs like Bruce whom they didn't even use the pick we gave them and he is playing great football. They have Cameron, McCarthey. Patton, still on their books and just laugh when Boyd leaves.

They have about three thousand midfielders and we are blowing a gasket about a midfielder that cant even make it into their seniors.

I hold grave fears that our time will come from 2018-2022 just as the GWS are winning flag after flag.

The AFL made a monster in Sydney with their concessions and look at the entitlement culture there (read the Collis article in the Hun, talk about biting the hand that feeds you).

I think we and any other club will find it impossible to beat them in 3 years time.

And the worst part of it, even if they win three in a row, nobody in Western Sydney gives a flying fig about them.

All it would have done is tear the heart out of the traditional football heartland. Crowds are down 4% this year. Wait until GWS are unbeatable in 2-3 years and watch the interest plumment.

Just back in the realms of sanity for a minute, I'm really starting to hope this kid ends up with us... Capable at both ends, can ruck, 200cm but insanely athletic... Beefier (just) than his twin...

393071.jpg

Most importantly, a good level-headed kid... http://boundforglorynews.com/ben-mckay-the-best-draft-story-of-the-year/

If he's anything like his brother I'd take him.

I like mckays game massively over here. Exactly what we need up fwd

How does he go fwd? We are desperate for a fwd ruck

Which one?

I was talking Ben, as posted by Barrels. Seems like a great alternative to punting on Carlisle IMO.

Id be happy taking him with our 2nd.

He could be the FB foil for Hugh (CHB) and Tommy Lee (Dempster role) or he could play as the athletic 3rd tall/ruck over Hickey.

He's not quite as agile as his bro, but is stronger in the body and in his attack on the ball.

Loves a contested grab.

The only way to easily tell them apart - if you can't see their numbers - is Ben is a right-footer where Harry is a leftie.

While it would be nice to maybe land a Kelly or an Aish and even a Weller next year, it depresses the s**t out of me that our club is rebuilding so hard and dliligently within the confines of drafting and trading, and even if we get a decent top four team, we will come up against a absolutely rampant GWS who last year had 27 first round dps on their list and it is probably about 30 now.

We get casts offs like Bruce whom they didn't even use the pick we gave them and he is playing great football. They have Cameron, McCarthey. Patton, still on their books and just laugh when Boyd leaves.

They have about three thousand midfielders and we are blowing a gasket about a midfielder that cant even make it into their seniors.

I hold grave fears that our time will come from 2018-2022 just as the GWS are winning flag after flag.

The AFL made a monster in Sydney with their concessions and look at the entitlement culture there (read the Collis article in the Hun, talk about biting the hand that feeds you).

I think we and any other club will find it impossible to beat them in 3 years time.

And the worst part of it, even if they win three in a row, nobody in Western Sydney gives a flying fig about them.

All it would have done is tear the heart out of the traditional football heartland. Crowds are down 4% this year. Wait until GWS are unbeatable in 2-3 years and watch the interest plumment.

The counter point to this is that in 2-3 years they wont have the list or cap concessions anymore.

Boyd, Adams, Tyson, Treloar, Kelly... All have left (or are talked about as gone) based on game time or cash.

Once the playing field is level they will have to find ways to keep even more talent with less spots and less money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kelly being contracted would cost us a small fortune, where Aish if we could get him would either be our second and a player or our first with another pick or player with him so I really hope the club are having a crack at him.

Kelly would cost a fortune next year too. And you really can't compare the two, I like Aish but Kelly is a much better player.

image.jpg

;)

He's not quite as agile as his bro, but is stronger in the body and in his attack on the ball.

Loves a contested grab.

The only way to easily tell them apart - if you can't see their numbers - is Ben is a right-footer where Harry is a leftie.
Could he be KPB who can be our second ruckman as well? a bit like what Jackson Trengrove did last year?
That would be perfect imo, because we already have 2 KPF in McCartin and Bruce, Membrey as the third tall Lonie in the pocket and two resting midfeilders on a flank and a pocket.

Kelly would cost a fortune next year too. And you really can't compare the two, I like Aish but Kelly is a much better player.
Ummm, how do you figure that? :/

Both have had very similar output so far in their short AFL careers, with Kelly being a TINY (can not stress that word enough) bit more consistent but Aish having the better games so far.

Aish was always rated higher through juniors, being touted as a possible #1 since even before u16's for SA, he was always in front of Kelly basically all the way through until the u18's championships... Kelly finally overtook him in draft stocks by partaking in the combine and doing extremely well. I have no doubt if Aish participated in that and was Victorian, he would be on level playing fields with Kelly.

Neither have done enough to suggest they are or will be better than the other.

Could he be KPB who can be our second ruckman as well? a bit like what Jackson Trengrove did last year?
That would be perfect imo, because we already have 2 KPF in McCartin and Bruce, Membrey as the third tall Lonie in the pocket and two resting midfeilders on a flank and a pocket.
He could be, but as we've discussed on this point before, I really don't like the idea of defender/ruckmen.

I don't see why you would be intentionally upsetting your back six at any point.

This is so so so so on point, the afl has taken the game away from the fans more than coaches, rules, MRP or whoever could, and no one seems to be awake to it. By far the worst thing to happen to the game in my lifetime.

I think people are under rating Aish, he was fantastic last year. I'd prefer him to anyone we'd get with pick 5 (unless Parish was to slide)

Kelly will be jet though.
Underrating? Understatement of the year.

87% kicking efficiency in the champs plus he basically single handedly notched up a win for Brisbane against us in the wet at Wellington. How have Saints fans forgotten that already? Should have been an easy W for us.

If Aish wanted to come to Saints I'd be happy to give up our first pick for him no worries. If we get something back, or only need our second pick for his services? Even better...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back