List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. You quite unnecessarily ramped it up. This forum isn't about calling our own (ideas even) crazy. That sort of thing is reserved for the likes of Carltank etc.

If Port were interested in swapping 1st rounders IMO it would be remiss of us not to look at what we could get done. Especially in a draft where it looks like the top 5 seem to be above the rest, after which it seems level for the next few. If we could squeeze a possible Dempster replacement, maybe a pick upgrade on our 2nd rounder... well dismissing that possibility out of hand would be idiotic (see what I did there?).
Calm down mate

As I'm sure you're aware this thread has direct input in to the club's recruiting strategy. Apparently Bains and Trout don't speak to any player or player manager without consulting the Megathread first.

Fair enough, on reflection, using #6 on a fringe half back flanker (even if #10 is coming back the other way) isn't the smartest piece of business but no need to abuse people for putting ideas forward.

Here's a hint, if you want to go around calling people crazy there's a place for you - it's called Saintsational.

Your constructive input and info here are appreciated, perjorative comments aren't.

I'd prefer to hear Moorabbin Ghosts thoughts than many of the hair brained ideas on here that come from people who are happy to write off players that they've never seen.

Having an opinion is great, making stuff up for the sake of pushing your point is very Saintsational.

People in here aren't seriously talking about involving Pick 6 for Cam O'Shea are they? The craziest thing I've read yet!
We haven't even gotten to trade week. You ain't seen nothin yet.

just dont make the same mistake I did and buy chill pill suppositories.
Didnt help me relax at all and I just froze my arse off all night.:rolleyes:
Ohhhh snake, where would we be without you! :D

Who on earth are we delisting? We have 40 senior listed players and I can only think of two absolutely certain delistings at the moment, considering newspaper reports that Gilbert, Ray & Fisher have all been offered contracts for next year.

I'd be getting really, really nervous if I was Daniel Markworth, Spencer White and Lewis Pierce.

Simpkin, Saunders, Murdoch and Siposs will be nervous too.

Simpkin and Siposs were my certainties. Schneider is a rookie so doesn't count.

Saunders and Murdoch have contracts for next year (if I understand correctly) so the next question may be are we preparing to eat some bad contracts next year?

Saunders and Murdoch have contracts for next year (if I understand correctly) so the next question may be are we preparing to eat some bad contracts next year?

I don't think they care when they have a lot of cap space. Nick Winmar was contracted.

I'd prefer to hear Moorabbin Ghosts thoughts than many of the hair brained ideas on here that come from people who are happy to write off players that they've never seen.

Having an opinion is great, making stuff up for the sake of pushing your point is very Saintsational.
Care to point out where I made anything up?

I too am happy to read MG's thoughts... but don't think it is necessary for him to label the thoughts of other posters crazy.

I am beginning to see why a few regulars have signed off for a while...

I too am happy to read MG's thoughts... but don't think it is necessary for him to label the thoughts of other posters crazy.

I thought about putting some money on the saints against Sydney this weekend.

Then I dismissed it as a crazy thought.

We all have some crazy thoughts every now and then. It's ok and nobody dies from getting called out on them.

I think there is a difference between calling someone crazy vs calling someone's single comment as crazy.

I didn't think MG meant any offence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Delist from main list: Simpkin, Siposs, White
retire from rookie list: Schneider
upgrade from rookie list: Sinclair

Leaves us 2 spots to fill on the main list (#6 and #26) and 2 rookie spots.

I might be wrong but I think that we had an extra 1 or 2 on the rookie list this year who didn't need to be? Hence a senior list of 40 + 4 + 1.

Hence... if we ran at 42 + 2 + 1 would give us up to 4 spots to be filled before trades and drafts.

If not and we still need to conjure up a spot or two on the main list then maybe Markworth could also be delisted and/or Saunders/ Curren with a possibility of picking any of them up again later in the rookie draft if not picked up by anyone else first.

My understanding is we were 40+4+1 instead of 38+6+1.

We're either no planning to change much at all (like 2002-2003 number of list changes) or something completely out of the blue is about to happen.

I thought about putting some money on the saints against Sydney this weekend.

Then I dismissed it as a crazy thought.

We all have some crazy thoughts every now and then. It's ok and nobody dies from getting called out on them.

I think there is a difference between calling someone crazy vs calling someone's single comment as crazy.

I didn't think MG meant any offence.
Lol. Fair point Ax.

My understanding is we were 40+4+1 instead of 38+6+1.

We're either no planning to change much at all (like 2002-2003 number of list changes) or something completely out of the blue is about to happen.
Ah, ok, I knew there was something in what I said... (albeit that I got it completely the wrong way round!)

In that case I'd say that a few contracted players might be a chance to get de-listed from the main list and put on to the rookie list - in addition to Saunders and Curren - Murdoch, Shenton, Minchington and Lee would be possibilities.

Likelihood is in a weak draft (depth-wise) unless we snag some high profile or bargain trades it could be a small list turnover this year. Would then set us up for a bigger turnover over the next 2 years with all the above + retirees (Roo, Chips, Ray, Dempster).

I don't think they care when they have a lot of cap space. Nick Winmar was contracted.
The club got hammered by the AFLPA and the press for that though - which presumably reflected some discontent from the player list at the time. Don't think we'd go down that track again in a hurry - unless the players de-listed got guarantees of being picked up in the rookie list if not picked up elsewhere.

Tucker's stats very impressive on the weekend, 35 touches @75% with 9 inside 50s and a goal, really think he would be ideal for us (unless parish is available) as much as I love mathieson's game, fiorini 5 clangers but nonetheless 41 touches with 9 clearances 8 Inside 50s and 2 goals, Ryan Clarke again very impressive stats 34 touches 8 tackles 6 clearances and a goal, Gresham slipping to our 2nd would be brilliant, 33 touches 3 goals and 9 clearances

Tucker's stats very impressive on the weekend, 35 touches @75% with 9 inside 50s and a goal, really think he would be ideal for us (unless parish is available) as much as I love mathieson's game, fiorini 5 clangers but nonetheless 41 touches with 9 clearances 8 Inside 50s and 2 goals, Ryan Clarke again very impressive stats 34 touches 8 tackles 6 clearances and a goal, Gresham slipping to our 2nd would be brilliant, 33 touches 3 goals and 9 clearances

Looking at those stats it looks like Tucker was playing a bit more forward of centre instead of in the back half?

Any of Fiorini, Clarke or Gresham with our 2nd rounder would be awesome.

Yep, listening to all coming out from the club Darcy Tucker looking like a lock at pick 6 .
Not only an outside mid who can use the ball but also captain which fills the credibility criteria.
I know we have been saying mids and mids but i am not adverse to picking up Collins with the next pick and a third tall if best available.

I didn't mention that you made anything up. You flamed Ghost for making a point & I referred to a number of (mostly irregular BFS posters) who appear & can players that they have never seen.

As a regular I know what you mean. I'm personally a bit jack of people being potted myself.

I think this is on the money.

Haynes and Hall are the kind of players we trade well for.

Super potential but under valued, as much as I like the idea of a Bennell or Carlisle to our team, I'm not sure we get our success from paying top dollar.

O'meara had the potential at draft time to be a once in 10 years type player but has been massively crippled by injury (a bit like Patton). I don't think the risk pays off for us.

As a side note, and it's second hand info but I have a business with someone who shares a board with an Adelaide board member (different companies if you follow).

He said he's heard it directly that Dangerfield is committed to going to the cats, it's a "done deal".

a pity.

I’m not professing to knowing a lot about the draftees other than what I read, hear and what I see on highlight reels, but really really like the sound of Ryan Clarke!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back