List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the TAC cup experts / North Ballarat fans; who was the better player at the same age. Mathieson vs M. Crouch?

Both ball magnet, clearance beasts. Both have issues with their kicking, crouch a little moreso, but arguably had better numbers at the same age.
Mathieson is probably better all round than Crouch was. Crouch's engine during his draft year was something that saw him slide, as was his poor disposal efficiency and his lack of elite speed. Whereas from what I've read of Mathieson he's solid, without being outstanding by foot and is more like to get the ball in congestion and break free - as opposed to handball or bang it on the boot which Matt Crouch tends to do.
I've watched a lot of M.Crouch play and very little of Mathieson, but from what I've read of him that seems to be the difference.

If Dangerfield leaves Adelaide and with Scott Thompson getting older, would Adelaide be enticed to get one of our inside midfielders?

So who we drafting with pick 7?

1. Bris - Schache
2. Carl - Weitering
3. Carl - Curnow
4. GC - Francis
5. Ess - Parish
6. Melb - Mathieson
7. StK - Tucker

???

I would be factoring in Brisbane receiving pick 2 as a compo pick for Leuy. AFL's PP - without actually offering a PP.

Mathieson is probably better all round than Crouch was. Crouch's engine during his draft year was something that saw him slide, as was his poor disposal efficiency and his lack of elite speed. Whereas from what I've read of Mathieson he's solid, without being outstanding by foot and is more like to get the ball in congestion and break free - as opposed to handball or bang it on the boot which Matt Crouch tends to do.
I've watched a lot of M.Crouch play and very little of Mathieson, but from what I've read of him that seems to be the difference.
Thanks mate

There's a lot going on behind the scenes guys. Brian is correct, we are still keen on Carlisle and we really want to move our second rounder into teens. Not saying it will all come off but club is doing everything possible to improve our list. Carlisle would be a huge get for our club.

To get a pick in the teens I can't see us trading out any of the players with currency to do so (such as Webster for example) so could we be looking to trade this year and next years 2nd round pick for a pick in the teens this year?

To get a pick in the teens I can't see us trading out any of the players with currency to do so (such as Webster for example) so could we be looking to trade this year and next years 2nd round pick for a pick in the teens this year?

Future trading and the academy bidding system opens up some nice opportunities to trade for lower picks with total draft pick points a priority for teams drafting academy players.

There will be many options. Trade out a player AND our second, future picks etc. we will look at all options. Looking like our second will be around Pick 27 which is in no mans land in this draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

speculating:

Redden to Adelaide for Pick 13...maybe with Pick 38 going back to Adelaide

Brisbane to have Pick 1, 13, 19, 20 (FA Compo - Leuy)

Would Pick 19 get Carlisle over the line?

Speculation here is that WCE are heavily into redden and will only need a mid to late second rounder to get it done

Speculation here is that WCE are heavily into redden and will only need a mid to late second rounder to get it done
Surely not, he's Contracted.

Pick 25 and under at least. Unless they offer a sweetener.

Surely not, he's Contracted.

Pick 25 and under at least. Unless they offer a sweetener.

He's not that great...24 years old...fringe player. I can't see clubs lining up for his services

Terry Wallace was the one going with the mid to late second rounder as he's not as good as yeo, but your contracted point is very valid one

Maybe your sweetener could be someone like McInnes or Brown to get the deal done

If Carlisle picked us I'd pretty much only offer them our 2nd and a fringe player at most. We need to get maximum value out of any trade and I can't think of a club I'd rather screw over. It will also help compensate for the $ we have to pay to get him.

If Carlisle picked us I'd pretty much only offer them our 2nd and a fringe player at most. We need to get maximum value out of any trade and I can't think of a club I'd rather screw over. It will also help compensate for the $ we have to pay to get him.

Who would Essendon be interested in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back