List Mgmt. 2015 Trade/Draft/FA - SuperMegaUltraThread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how do we fix our terrible midfield before our KPPs are over the hill ? Or are we hoping our KPPs can hold on like pav , McPharlin and co !

It's da circle of WA Footy mon

rasta+homer.jpg

So how do we fix our terrible midfield before our KPPs are over the hill ? Or are we hoping our KPPs can hold on like pav , McPharlin and co !

he's already stated it won't be a fast process, which sounds about right.
we'd need a lot of luck to turn it around quickly, regardless of whether that's via trade, through the draft, internal growth or all of the above.

Firstly - not by trading out what little talent you have.
second - by actively pursuing opportunities for FA or trade options in line with 1 above
Third - by backing your recruiters in. People forget Gaff is what 4 years in, Sheed is in his 2nd season, Shuey is talented, Priddis is well Priddis, plus real talent in Duggan, Lamb, Cavka.

Fast forward a year adding Coniglio to the mix and Yeo in the centre & all of a sudden the dynamics are incredibly different.

Patience is the key.

We're an unpatient lot.

Maybe we can cryogenically freeze Kennedy for a few years while we patiently wait for a midfield to appear.

Does anyone get the feeling Freo will make a big play at McGovern eventually?

Well, good luck trading for a top-liner.

second - by actively pursuing opportunities for FA or trade options in line with 1 above
Works for me, mate.

Which players on this list should we 'actively pursue'? Which players should we target via trades?

Third - by backing your recruiters in. People forget Gaff is what 4 years in, Sheed is in his 2nd season, Shuey is talented, Priddis is well Priddis, plus real talent in Duggan, Lamb, Cavka.
Back your recruiters in? You were saying the exact opposite yesterday. What's that about?

Priddis is also the wrong side of 30 so probably isn't going to be around when this young crop are ready.

Also, you've listed the young mids in the expectation they deliver. Does that mean we can draw a line through the rest?

It's funny, if you go back 2-3 years, everyone just casually expected the curent crop to come good as well. But it didn't happen, did it?

Fast forward a year adding Coniglio to the mix and Yeo in the centre & all of a sudden the dynamics are incredibly different.

Patience is the key.
Highly questionable.

Last edited:

Patience is the key.
So do you see Kennedy (28) emac (27), brown (26.5 ) schofield ( 26.5) Lecras (29 ) years at seasons end as part of our next premiership tilt ?

Or does our next tilt envolve McGovern darling McInness lycett barrass Powell lamb as our spine ?
The loss of ebert , swift , Stevens as part of our planning for what was supposed to be our window now has had an effect on our list management . But just backing the likes of priddis selwood rosa Wellingham masten who are limited footballers to fill the void is not going to work . One of two of these player max can be carried not 5 and don't even get me started on MaGinnity !
I feel the drafting and recruiting of mids the since 2008 had been very poor and the reason why we are falling in a heap .
We have a glut of middling talent that will never take us to a flag but for the sake of a happy , comfortable playing group nothing is done to rectify this to the detriment of our very good set of KPP going to waste .
We need to cut the fat with these middling talents and either trade for better players or bring in the young talent we have on the list now into those positions and not on the fringes .

What are your thoughts on poaching Brendan Ah Chee for cheap ? he can't get regular game at port especially in the midfield . Has a lot of attributes we need in an inside mid . Height , big body , explosive pace and can push forward .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like hyperbole to me. Yeo flashes potential as a midfielder but that's all it is atm. Coniglio doesn't look much different to Shuey, Gaff, Masten and the rest of our midfielders. I'm finding it hard to see the point of difference.

bondy, you've stated (i think) in the past that the eagles have been one the few clubs who are not willing to 'get in the ear' of, say, wa players who are under contract interstate. obviously a lot of other clubs are willing to loosen their 'morals' in having these quiet conversations with players well ahead of free agency periods.

do you think the club is willing to re-think this stance given the realities we saw over the offseason where we were only ever a 3rd or 4th preference for free agents on the move (eg. taylor hunt, varcoe).

i suspect maybe yeo was one we identified well before the trade period. cripps maybe too. and realistically this is where we could have some possible success over the player movement period. young and well-regarded wa players (former 1st/2nd rounders) seeking further opportunity
or a move back home.

Colledge vs Brent Stanton - thoughts?

Anyone know the contract situation of patrick cripps? Had a big game today and could be willing to come home maybe? Big body ball winner that we need and played u18s with sheed, waterman and main.

Boy oh boy are there any uncontracted players from GC this year ?
I'd have a crack at one of them contracted even. If their year keeps going the way it is I'd imagine just about everything would be for sale. JOM is an untouchable for them but coming off a year out you never know

I'd have a crack at one of them contracted even. If their year keeps going the way it is I'd imagine just about everything would be for sale. JOM is an untouchable for them but coming off a year out you never know
We could try for Ablett!:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back