Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
That was one of the handful of games that he played at his potential. V Eagles when Goose broke his leg he went head to head v Judd & held his own, kicked a bag v Richmond at the G, a few others where he threatened to grab the game by the scruff.... overall in my book he never reached the heights that he should have.
Still reckon you are harsh. No wonder you and your mates made that boundary umpire cry at Vic Park during the year :D

Mad Sainter

All Australian
Mar 8, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Still reckon you are harsh. No wonder you and your mates made that boundary umpire cry at Vic Park during the year :D
I agree that he is being underrated, but the issue still stands that he SHOULD'VE been so much better. Those few games he played should've been his standard. And I agree that he was disappointing compared to what he could've been.

Last edited:

May 6, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
That was one of the handful of games that he played at his potential. V Eagles when Goose broke his leg he went head to head v Judd & held his own, kicked a bag v Richmond at the G, a few others where he threatened to grab the game by the scruff.... overall in my book he never reached the heights that he should have.

Screw that- a game like he played under the pressure of performing in a gf is worth 50 decent home and away performances.

That one game alone takes Grams career from a :/ to a :) for me.

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
Comparisons are useless, but on a one for one basis, it looks to me like we've swapped B for A. In terms of team fit and how they seem as players, how would you rate the following swaps?

A - B
Nathan Freeman - Daniel Markworth
Jake Carlisle - Spencer White
Jade Gresham - Ahmed Saad
Brandon White - Farren Ray
Bailey Rice - Arryn Siposs
Nicholas Coughlan - Tom Simpkin
Nick O'Kearney - Adam Schneider

May 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Question for the mods, when can we do the advocate draft, now that our list is complete for 2016?

Kildonan Fred Armitage2Riewoldt

We'll start organising it soon. Another draft will occur (it's only fair) - however we will give the top 3-5 advocates from 2015 (as adjudged by myself, Kildo and Fred) the first few picks while randomising the rest. So there's still time to show us what you've got ;) I've already taken a few notes as to who I think has done the best job this year :D

Richter

All Australian
Mar 10, 2007
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'm about 6'2" in the old measurements and Lenny is nearly nose to nose with me and Tim membery would be similar.
Yep. I think it's because these blokes are so lean. Membrey is 188cm and 90kg.
Comparisons are useless, but on a one for one basis, it looks to me like we've swapped B for A. In terms of team fit and how they seem as players, how would you rate the following swaps?

A - B
Nathan Freeman - Daniel Markworth
Jake Carlisle - Spencer White
Jade Gresham - Ahmed Saad
Brandon White - Farren Ray
Bailey Rice - Arryn Siposs
Nicholas Coughlan - Tom Simpkin
Nick O'Kearney - Adam Schneider
Freeman>Markworth
Carlisle>>>White
Gresham>>Saad
White<Ray (at this stage, obviously potentially White could become as good if not better than Ray Farren)
Rice=Siposs (at this stage, obviously potential much greater)
Coughlan<Simpkin
O'Kearney<<<Schneider

Mad Sainter

All Australian
Mar 8, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yep. I think it's because these blokes are so lean. Membrey is 188cm and 90kg.

Freeman>Markworth
Carlisle>>>White
Gresham>>Saad
White<Ray (at this stage, obviously potentially White could become as good if not better than Ray Farren)
Rice=Siposs (at this stage, obviously potential much greater)
Coughlan<Simpkin
O'Kearney<<<Schneider
I dont really think that's fair on Coughlan or O'Kearney.
For starters Coughlan is actually a decent height for a KPD as well as being able to dispose of the ball really well AND being able to swing forward.
O'Kearney isn't even a similar player to Schneider but FWIW I think he'll be better, at least better than Schneider was this year.
Also Freeman >> Markworth, at the very least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
So......what do we do now for the next 3 months? Talk about Jason Gram?

I have it on very good authority that in 2010, apart from Roo ripping his hamstring, the club was just as concerned about GRam's injury. He was THAT important to our structures.

Anyway, it appears to have been a good haul this year. Easy to get excited and carried away but they all have a ton of work to do and a long way to go.

We have added some speed and most importantly, foot skills. Someone mocked me at the time when I stated that I wanted a genuine footballer above any X factor, and I am satisfied that the club has done this. We still have next year's trade period to put some icing on the cake.

That said, bring on 2016. Can't wait to see us top 10.

And can the last person to leave this thread, please turn off the lights.

:)

Sep 14, 2008
L2 A30
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Screw that- a game like he played under the pressure of performing in a gf is worth 50 decent home and away performances.

That one game alone takes Grams career from a :/ to a :) for me.

So you'd rate Shane Ellen one of the all time great Crows players?

You reckon Gram had an A grade career? Good luck with that.

Anyway today was a great day to top off a highly successful trade & draft period. Hopefully one that we will look back on as a key to our 2nd flag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hayes4PM

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Might be happier with our rookie draft than our national draft, in terms of talent for cost etc.

There's gonna be a lot of angst and debate over players in our squad, personally I look forward to the tantrums now :p

May 6, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
So you'd rate Shane Ellen one of the all time great Crows players?

You reckon Gram had an A grade career? Good luck with that.

Anyway today was a great day to top off a highly successful trade & draft period. Hopefully one that we will look back on as a key to our 2nd flag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't call Gram an all time great or an A grader.

I called him a smileyface.

And I standby my bold emoji based judgement of footballing talent.

Richter

All Australian
Mar 10, 2007
AFL Club
St Kilda
I dont really think that's fair on Coughlan or O'Kearney.
For starters Coughlan is actually a decent height for a KPD as well as being able to dispose of the ball really well AND being able to swing forward.
O'Kearney isn't even a similar player to Schneider but FWIW I think he'll be better, at least better than Schneider was this year.
Also Freeman >> Markworth, at the very least.
Currently Coughlan's a rookie who's likely to never play a game for the Saints whilst Simpkin played 31 games.

Schneider's a premiership player who played over 200 afl games.

Freeman has currently played as many afl games as Markworth. Zip.

Mad Sainter

All Australian
Mar 8, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Currently Coughlan's a rookie who's likely to never play a game for the Saints whilst Simpkin played 31 games.

Schneider's a premiership player who played over 200 afl games.

Freeman has currently played as many afl games as Markworth. Zip.
Who are you to say he's likely to not play a game?

Also I more specifically said schneider, at least in his last year who; if you will remember couldnt outrun a tortoise or hit the side of a barn by hand or foot.

Finally, you cant honestly think that Freeman is only slightly better than Markworth. I mean for starters he's actually on a list. as well as that he is basically a walkup start and has the potential to be one of our best players. but no go ahead. he's equivalent to Markworth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back