2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very funny, however Geelong is not at all 'industrial' as stated by O'Reily. In my opinion, it's one of the best places in the world to live.

My house is situated 20 minutes from Ocean Grove/Barwon Heads, 20 minutes from Queenscliffe, Point Lonsdale and Portarlington, 10 minutes from the Geelong CBD, 10 minutes from university, 10 minutes from the nearest train station which in turn is only an hour away from the big smoke in Melbourne.

I won't delve too much into the Great Ocean road and the other coastal beauties of the Bellarine Penisula. ;)

But I can totally understand the toxic environment that a bloke Allen's age can get involved with down here. Firstly, he's from Lara, which is basically Geelong's hideous cousin who has been kept secretly in the attic upstairs and fed raw meat and pet food (think Bart's twin brother Hugo). Whilst I've never met Allen personally, I'm mates with people he associates with. Lets just say there is a bit of a 'pingas' culture within Geelong's nightclub scene (no different to Melbourne or the rest of the country in many ways, but an unusually higher proportion given our smaller population). Geelong also has the highest proportion of ice addicts in the country, and while it isn't a real issue for most regular 18-26 year old club goers down here, many individuals would at least know of some person who is a either a casual user or addict.

If he is trying to run away from Drugs the Valley isn't exactly the best place to go out in..... Very much a pinga culture in brissy as well.

I may be one of the few who is pretty happy with picking up Robinson. Mature body, hard at it and has some real talent. Like Christensen he could do well from a me to Brissy where he would have near total anonymity. He went backwards the last 18months under Malthouse's hard line approach but could benefit greatly from Leppa's family environment.

At best he's a lock in our best 22, at worst Leppa won't take any garbage and he'll be delisted by the end of 2015.

That's a true condemnation - isn't he a Tassie boy!
yep he is played down here for lauderdale, but didnt show much brains down here as well , that said we could use an inforcer maybe he will turn out like pikey , has the ability just needs to grow up a bit . time will tell

I may be one of the few who is pretty happy with picking up Robinson. Mature body, hard at it and has some real talent. Like Christensen he could do well from a me to Brissy where he would have near total anonymity. He went backwards the last 18months under Malthouse's hard line approach but could benefit greatly from Leppa's family environment.

At best he's a lock in our best 22, at worst Leppa won't take any garbage and he'll be delisted by the end of 2015.
X2.

Worse case scenario, Robinson would have serious value to the reserves team as an enforcer. His presence would give some of the suburban NEAFL warriors (who consider roughing up AFL listed players quite the career achievement) some pause for thought.

Never understood why he was snubbed by so many clubs even when on the table for free given the guy has football ability and value.

Makes you wonder if he is worse than what you read about but to the club that corrects that and gets him focused on his football then they will pick up the rewards. Leppa needs to put him in a time machine and get him to speak to himself in twenty years.

Hard nut on the field but if he doesnt grab this opportunity with both hands then he is a real nut. Wonder though, if the Yarrawonga Pidgeons are already making their pitch for the end of the year.

I can't understand how Jeff Garlett went to Melbourne for basically pick 50/60. before this season he'd had seasons of 39,48,29,43 goals outstanding returns for a small forward.

shocked he wasn't considered worth pick 40 to someone - there must be a finals team looking for a small forward (not saying we'd have been in the market but surely one of the other 16 teams would have had a crack at someone who averaged nearly 40 goals per season for 4 straight seasons.

Robinson has played ~100 games in a team that made finals in 2009/2010/2011. he can't be a total hack. getting him for free as the 37-39th player on our list and as insurance etc. in the reserves isn't a bad thing. He'd be our 10th most experienced player going into round 1 next year.

I can't understand how Jeff Garlett went to Melbourne for basically pick 50/60. before this season he'd had seasons of 39,48,29,43 goals outstanding returns for a small forward.

shocked he wasn't considered worth pick 40 to someone - there must be a finals team looking for a small forward (not saying we'd have been in the market but surely one of the other 16 teams would have had a crack at someone who averaged nearly 40 goals per season for 4 straight seasons.

He kicked four goals in a game on five occasions in 2013. I've never really rated him but you're right, there's a real gap between the figures and the value of the trade.

He kicked four goals in a game on five occasions in 2013. I've never really rated him but you're right, there's a real gap between the figures and the value of the trade.
I thought part of it was Carlton clearing out guys with questionable character... Garlett, Robinson & Waite all gone at once

I thought part of it was Carlton clearing out guys with questionable character... Garlett, Robinson & Waite all gone at once

Waite was definitely a required player. Malthouse was filthy about him leaving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As mentioned a few posts back Robbo's article in todays herald sun basically alludes that Aish is just about gone. Mentions that his manager is Liam Pickering, same bloke who managed Ablett, Buddy and still manages Boyd..... yep his gone, probably on $600,000 a year if Pickers keeps up his current form.

So what can we get for Aish.........

As mentioned a few posts back Robbo's article in todays herald sun basically alludes that Aish is just about gone. Mentions that his manager is Liam Pickering, same bloke who managed Ablett, Buddy and still manages Boyd..... yep his gone, probably on $600,000 a year if Pickers keeps up his current form.

So what can we get for Aish.........
If Aish leaves it's likely to be Adelaide's first round pick. You would also think that we might package that pick with our first round pick, to try and land a forward, but I hope Aish resigns soon.

If Aish leaves it's likely to be Adelaide's first round pick. You would also think that we might package that pick with our first round pick, to try and land a forward, but I hope Aish resigns soon.
Do they have any QLD's on there list worth looking at?

so can someone explain to me how this delisted player recruitment works? Is it first in, first served, as in Lions approach Mitch's manager and indicates club interest and then discussions take place, or is there more banter with other clubs like Richmond, Western Bulldogs that may be genuinely interested in him as well and if they put a better contract in front of him he goes there? I don't understand the certainty with which Tony Sheehan said he is Brisbane bound. It just feels a bit staged for me to help him get a contract with another club - probably in Melbourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back