2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
so can someone explain to me how this delisted player recruitment works? Is it first in, first served, as in Lions approach Mitch's manager and indicates club interest and then discussions take place, or is there more banter with other clubs like Richmond, Western Bulldogs that may be genuinely interested in him as well and if they put a better contract in front of him he goes there? I don't understand the certainty with which Tony Sheehan said he is Brisbane bound. It just feels a bit staged for me to help him get a contract with another club - probably in Melbourne.
I believe being delisted makes you a delisted free agent. Free to go to anyone.

Just in. Source AFL.com

ADELAIDE has pulled off a coup in re-signing Taylor Walker to a three-year deal that will see the key forward remain a Crow until at least the end of 2018.

Webster's defines it as "an agreement under the law which is unbreakable." Which is unbreakable!
194751-dayne-beams.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5AA reporting that Steven Motlop is a chance to be a Lion in 2016 :cool:

Make of it what you will.....
Perhaps the James Aish factor coming to play? I.e. We convince Motlop to request a trade to Brisbane and use the Aish pick to get him here. I'm still confident Aishy will stay!!! But it would be a smart contingency plan.

Does anyone know if Christensen is close to Motlop?

Certainly wouldn't say no but seems a strange one. What is Motlop's interest in Brisbane? Relatives? Warm weather? Is he particularly close to Christensen? We still have some cap space to spend but can't see Motlop being the player we offer big dollars to considering he doesn't exactly fill a need. Regardless, this far out from 2016 can probably just shelf the rumor although I like any rumors that make the Lions looks like a choice destination for players.

Motlop would be competing with the likes of Green, Zorko, Christensen and Taylor...So yeah, not sure.
Agreed. Quality players are quality players though and I don't think Leppa would be against the idea of adding Motlop to the squad if he was keen to join the Lions. As pulpdriver said though, at this time of year, player movement rumours are fairly pointless. Even if they are accurate there is to much water to go under the bridge between now and this years trade period to believe anything as fact.

Agreed. Quality players are quality players though and I don't think Leppa would be against the idea of adding Motlop to the squad if he was keen to join the Lions. As pulpdriver said though, at this time of year, player movement rumours are fairly pointless. Even if they are accurate there is to much water to go under the bridge between now and this years trade period to believe anything as fact.

:eek:

Have i somehow suffered some sort of memory loss and the whole of season 2015 has passed me by and we are now back in the silly season already? How did we do this year?

Sounds like Motlop's manager might be getting out his crazy flailing arm tube man nice and early to attract Geelong's attention and get a juicy cut of a fat new contract.

Or is this the new way things work? Players and their managers begin working on their next contract halfway through the current one. Like US presidential elections where you start campaigning two years out from election day?

Or...most likely, someone at 5AA overheard someone say that they heard someone say that they heard that Motlop thinks our new jersey looks pretty nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back