2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Carlton can convince him to walk to the PSD and be a Clayton's free agent, they could justify some stupid money for him. Dogs invested heavily in Boyd.

It would need to be lots of money $$. Carlisle must be that desperate to get away from Hirdy and the Needles though.

theteamtobeat

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Nah if we were to draft someone in the psd it would be one of carlilse or dixon. No point wasting more time on aish to prove a point.
Their is no chance we would risk the opportunity to get Dixon. He's exactly what we need. The Gold Coast would be trying to shop him around and could be the Mitch Clark situation all over again, but us being Freo.

Doubt Carlilse would risk the chance of playing at another state considering he's still is in good terms with the bombers.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeah, I'm not suggesting we can't win but surely the most likely outcome based on form is that the Suns will beat us comfortably.
Yep, agree. Lions vs Carlton looks likely to be the match to determine the spoon & number one pick. May well come down to percentage, we can win, but not by much. It'll be a who can whisper the loudest kind of contest.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I can't see how we beat the Suns this week to be honest. If we do, I think they are the ones that need to be looked at for tanking.

Our midfield has matched it pretty well against the Cats, Sydney and a few other teams recently we should smash the Suns in the middle even without Beams. Our backline have done quite well and with Merrett back we should be able to keep Dixon and Lynch under control.

I definitely think we can keep them to under 12 goals which will give us a chance.

RichRocky 07

Rookie
Sep 21, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I've had enough! If we don't trade Rich, and Redden for top 20 picks I'm going to get mad. How long are those blokes allowed to be on our list for? Rich is useless... he peaked after 5 AFL games FFS. He isn't an AFL player and is soft... Doesn't have an AFL brain and lacks work rate to cover for that weakness. Could stil lget us a top 20 pick. Redden is another.... his only strength is that he a decent tackler... FFs he is useless at getting the ball first.
I disagree redden deserves to be in our best 22 his pressure around the ball is good. And rich I think next year will be better probably too scared about his knee this year if next year he's now good we get rid of him.

Flea_29

All Australian
Oct 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I disagree redden deserves to be in our best 22 his pressure around the ball is good. And rich I think next year will be better probably too scared about his knee this year if next year he's now good we get rid of him.

I totally agree.
People need to stop reacting during or straight after a game - as we tend to make stupid comments, like some we have seen.
Why would you say 'lets trade Rich and Redden' for draft picks when the last thing we need is more 18 year olds on our list. With pick 1/2 and Keays and Hipwood we would be adding at least 3 18 year olds.
I have no doubt that once we get
- more games and another pre-season into our youngsters
- one or two experienced big bodied key forwards
- an injury-free season
we should be fine and players like Rich and Redden will be more valuable then ever.
Let's remember that Rocky, Beams and Hanley have only played 2 games together - one where Hanley was subbed out early.
Let's just chill

Our midfield has matched it pretty well against the Cats, Sydney and a few other teams recently we should smash the Suns in the middle even without Beams. Our backline have done quite well and with Merrett back we should be able to keep Dixon and Lynch under control.

I definitely think we can keep them to under 12 goals which will give us a chance.

That's what was said before we played Melbourne

Milux

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Keeping them to 12 goals will be great. We just cant kick 12 goals to beat them.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
That's what was said before we played Melbourne

Not everyone including me was confident of beating Melbourne by 10 goals.

Keeping them to 12 goals will be great. We just cant kick 12 goals to beat them.

We kicked 8.9 against Geelong. Must've had 20 shots on goal against a far superior team to the Gold Coast. We can kick 12 against them. Especially at home. Although I suspect 10 might be enough.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Starting to get a bit nervous with Dixon. I reckon if Dixon starts playing well over the next several games that he might re-sign with GC and continue playing with them.

Perhaps, but an extra 250k a year stays the same no matter how he or the Suns are playing.

Big Lion

Club Legend
Aug 10, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The Australian has an article stating that Freo are front runners for Dixon (keep in mind it was written by the same person who said during last trade period Merrett would never pull on a Lions jumper again).

Eons

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool
From the rumours board...

My understanding is that quite a few Lions want out at the end of the year, the go home factor is not an issue but Rockliff remains a deeply unpopular captain and that the standards that he expects of other players he does not apply to himself.

The Australian has an article stating that Freo are front runners for Dixon (keep in mind it was written by the same person who said during last trade period Merrett would never pull on a Lions jumper again).

Denham has never been right about anything. Ever.

Denham has never been right about anything. Ever.

I think sometimes he just goes a bit too early. He called Mumford to GWS months before that was on anyone's radar. I suspect he was right that Brisbane were shopping around Merrett, he just went a bit too far with how likely it was.

And sometimes, like Riewoldt to Brisbane, he just makes things up.

So ultimately if he calls anyone 'front-runners' for a player it's probably an exaggeration at best.

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
My estimate is one second round pick for Aish....if we have to trade for Dixon I doubt if 19 will do it.

Freo have Lachie Weller up their sleeve and is rumored could be part of the Dixon trade if he moves west. We only missed Lachie by one year as a GC academy pick last season.

Eons

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool
Freo have Lachie Weller up their sleeve and is rumored could be part of the Dixon trade if he moves west. We only missed Lachie by one year as a GC academy pick last season.

And the other rumours doing the rounds are Weller, if he moved, wants to come to Melbourne to be near his brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back